contact
August 22, 2019, 03:55:46 PM

Author Topic: Planning Starfleet moving forward!  (Read 64709 times)

Klinghorn

Planning Starfleet moving forward!
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2012, 01:21:58 AM »
I gave up reading this....

General concensus is that you can indeed put new ideas into the current universes.

The imbalance you talk aout happening wont happen.

We dont need another universe - it will be another nail in the various coffins of the game already out there.

Over the past 3 years or so there have been numerous ideas suggested for ships etc - this thread is merely reproducing them - some good some bad..

I think you have had all the feedback you need already.

Oh and take into account the multitude of ideas around an Iphone/android app for the game as well as incorporation of all the scripts that perform a myriad of useful functions - not the parsers.

However bfg wont listen ... The game will die ... You need to go talk to the folks who run WOW and see how to run a successful franchise.... You guys dont have a clue....

Offline jmmclea1@gmail.com

• View Profile
Re: Planning Starfleet moving forward!
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2012, 01:23:52 AM »
  I think that anything that is done to help the top players is wrong, as far as being able to undeploy a Heph, I think it should be a feature that's added, but only back to where it was built. and as far as warping it, it should cost the same as moving a planet. The last thing on Heph's, their to easy to buy, the price and requirements need to be increased, where it would have to be a top player or an alliance purchase, That's right I think an Alliance should be able to pool resources to purchase this ship, to be piloted by 2 or three of the top officers in the Alliance, The Alliance version of the Heph  should be a defensive weapon. for a stronghold, and it should be able to be deployed and fleetsaved like any other ship, but not be allowed to leave the boarders of the stronghold. Dio's should be available to newbies, for a greater length of time b4 they come out of newbie protection. 

Stardrift is very much in favor of the larger player, I would like to see things pretty much stay the same as far as newbie protection and attacks, but there's to many level 1-1oo's attacking much smaller players that are not in protection. If a player is more then 300 levels below you, then I think the attack should be less profitable, maybe down to a tenth of a normal attack, and the same for dsp, down to a tenth. this would hopefully get these top players to attack players in there own levels, If the much smaller player became unprofitable. Attacks on these smaller players is causing them to leave the game, which is ruining the game. I am in the 200's in one version and the 300's in another. so I'm not a newbie crying about the conditions that exist. Half of Sf extreme has quit or their I or in V mode. The current leaders, are the leaders of a Waste land, with few Targets, we need to give the newbies a chance to learn the game and give us a challenge.

FLEETSAVING: If you were really the leader of 9 Planets and 9 Moons, you would be able to send a message to all of your planets, and fleet same any or all at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:29:41 AM by jmmclea1@gmail.com »

Offline neonnative

• I will s†rike down upon †hee wi†h grea† vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2012, 01:24:28 AM »
cool.  build us a new uni that incorporates as much of these suggestions as you can fit into it. 

just make it different this time.  (not SDE different)
i mean REALLY different.

err on the side of "over the top crap".  fast speeds, tons of options.  i'm sure someone mentioned it already but i would like to be able to fleet save earlier in the game.

PLEASE dont make us run those little ass missions all night just to get to the dion so we can fleetsave without getting wiped out.....remember going thru that?

Offline daddy b

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2012, 01:27:11 AM »
I too gave up on reading the 16 pages of people telling BFG virtually the same thing...Add a new anything but not a new universe.

I am among those whom have been playing for years. I often spend more time in this game than sleeping.

The last thing I want to do is start over for the chance at "new great things." Screw that. Put the "new great things" in the original game and let the chips fall where they may.

To think that you will scare people out of the original game is a joke. People are leaving because you keep adding new Unis to dilute the game.

Daddy B

Offline excellium

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2012, 01:27:38 AM »
I think as a rank 14 and someone who has an extensive buddy list, vast experience at this game (3 years) ex big alliance leader, (gave that up because i am giving up on the game) I have something to say. I dont often come on here, and got my last post deleted because as a joke i offered my fleet (5 atlas) for sale at 1000 dollars because selling accounts is now getting rife just for the DSP rather than account buying.
YOU ARE ALL WASTING YOUR TIME. The vote on the ihoppers proved it. BFG claim they listen to us and they claim they dont want to unbalance the game. ugh!!! Well then please tell me why the top 9 players all ihop and they are a law unto their own with a seperate agenda and leaders list. THAT HAS unbalanced the game very badly, however those that ihop cant see that the top 9 wont change rank because they all ihop.
At rank 14 I have roughly 24m points. Kenneth has 70m+. Put that into perspective.
It has taken me three years to get to where i am.
If Kenneth was to retire now, it would take me 2-3 years to catch him. IF ihopping was now stopped immediately he could have a whole year off without losing the number one position.
Thats madness.
To play a game as far as i am concerned the idea is to be competitive, gain the best level, beat your opponents, and win.
NOT POSSIBLE any more in sfc original any more.
All BFG will do with this thread is gain ideas for yet another version of the game and you can go jump in the lake. They dont care.
Get real, Matt will probably chuck this off, sending me yet another message saying it was not "on topic" or some other political correct crap.
He has already said he will cull it, the sheer amount of reaction should tell them something, but when money is the key, nothing matters.

Offline dozer3060

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2012, 01:28:16 AM »
I think that limiting the total amount of ships you can build at one time would add more strategy to the game. 

Offline Luck

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2012, 01:28:48 AM »
'' I've been playing for over 2yrs now in sfo. I would like to see some upgrades to the original univers.
#1. new ships added
#2. new defenses added
#3. It would be helpful to be able to land the heph and load or unload ship's and resources.
#4. Earn more than 4% increase from the basic android ( more like 10%, and 10 androids per planet max it out or something like that.
#5. more option's from the store... like a moon purchase, an add planet purchase (change the max planets to have from 9 to 15 slots, I like the building aspect of the game and would like to buildup more planets or at least the option.)
#6. a way for the crew members you build to fly a curtain amount of ships and increase the speed of the fleet as a whole. like 5 crew increases 25 ships speed by 5% but if you have a crew member for each ship your whole fleet speed increases to 25% faster.

I would like to see some things improved on, not changed totally, and add the option for players to take there game to a new level if they choose to.

Offline Pharos

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2012, 01:29:54 AM »
Well....

Just when I thought my time here was ending you go and put the nail in it...

You don't need new versions...

You need more players.  The player retention you will experience doing this will drop (more).  I've seen many long time players give up on the game because they don't feel that they are worth being kept in the game or wanting to start over (its tough enough to rebuild a fleet from a hit, you want us to start all over AGAIN??).  Plus the dilution of the player base with more unis doesn't help.

And attempting to censor those of us with opinions on this before you ever even give us a chance to do so is what has finished it for me. 

Good luck BFG and I will be moving on to the next game once I'm done with my projects in uni2...
"Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!"

S7 Leader Uni2

Zeus Kills: stopped counting
Heph Kills: many
Moons given: dubbed the moongiver

Offline Fleet Detstroyer 1

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2012, 01:32:11 AM »
matt you say this is to test new features.thats same reason BFG said they started the rest of the uni's.if all you want to do is test new features set up a link and have beta testers try the features out that way it wont affect the uni's we do play and we dont have to start yet another version of the same game.and i also liked the idea of merging all of the uni's together with x2 speeds and mines.Hint get back down to 1 version.Me my self will not play another Version yet again i will quit playing BFG games first.

Offline Lady Deathstryke

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2012, 01:42:55 AM »
Well....

Just when I thought my time here was ending you go and put the nail in it...

You don't need new versions...

You need more players.  The player retention you will experience doing this will drop (more).  I've seen many long time players give up on the game because they don't feel that they are worth being kept in the game or wanting to start over (its tough enough to rebuild a fleet from a hit, you want us to start all over AGAIN??).  Plus the dilution of the player base with more unis doesn't help.

And attempting to censor those of us with opinions on this before you ever even give us a chance to do so is what has finished it for me. 

Good luck BFG and I will be moving on to the next game once I'm done with my projects in uni2...

sorry to hear that Pharos! you are a great player and sad to see you go.

Offline Boss

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2012, 01:44:03 AM »
TOO MANY STARFLEETS AS IT IS! PLEASE STOP MAKING NEW GAMES, IT TAKES AWAY FROM THE GAMES THAT WE HAVE NOW, MORE AND MORE PEOPLE WILL START DROPPING OUT

Offline Tarak

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2012, 01:44:10 AM »
I just want to say something to everyone who is bitching about BFG creating new beta universes to test out ideas in.
Players have been bitching forever about BFG not doing enough to improve the overall game experience, fine.
Now that they ARE doing something about it, instead of being thankful that BFG is clearly making a concerted effort to improve the game and listen to the players' suggestions, you are bitching because they want to open a new uni to test with, that doesn't affect your current accounts at all...?!  ???

If you ran this company and had any desire to continue to generate revenue from this "product" (SFC) then how would YOU go about testing new game dynamics at this stage? Just throw 'em in there and hope for the best?  ::)
You would think it through then do the SMART thing and create a whole new space to try these things out in and invite the players to take part in the beta universes that will be reset every month or two. If you really think it's better to use the existing universes as a guinea pig to test out ideas that could result in disaster for every player no matter how much they have invested in it then I think we just discovered why you don't run an online gaming company.

I think putting some universes online where you can register as a test account and mess around with the new ideas before they get hardwired is a great idea and could be lots of fun for the players who are bored and looking for something interesting to do, especially if BFG would allow you to copy your current account into a clone beta testing universe to play with. After a month or two the mirror server is reset and restarted with new tweaks until the bugs are worked out and BFG is happy with the mechanics. You would get to play your account in an environment with no "real" consequences and be doing some good.
~ I suggest a new strategy R2, let the Wookie win. ~

Offline Fleet Pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2012, 01:47:45 AM »
Why are some of you saying this is just a testing uni?  It is NOT a testing uni.  It is a new uni.  IF, and again, IF things work there, they MAY...again, MAY be ported to the current uni's.  If I am mistaken, show me the posts where anyone from BFG has said this new uni is for beta-testing.  If you can't find one, then please, stop posting about this being a BETA-TESTING UNI!

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2012, 01:48:22 AM »
At this time, no details have been disclosed about a new Universe except that there will be a new universe of some kind where these features will initially be deployed.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Pharos

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2012, 01:48:48 AM »
I just want to say something to everyone who is bitching about BFG creating new beta universes to test out ideas in.
Players have been bitching forever about BFG not doing enough to improve the overall game experience, fine.
Now that they ARE doing something about it, instead of being thankful that BFG is clearly making a concerted effort to improve the game and listen to the players' suggestions, you are bitching because they want to open a new uni to test with, that doesn't affect your current accounts at all...?!  ???

If you ran this company and had any desire to continue to generate revenue from this "product" (SFC) then how would YOU go about testing new game dynamics at this stage? Just throw 'em in there and hope for the best?  ::)
You would think it through then do the SMART thing and create a whole new space to try these things out in and invite the players to take part in the beta universes that will be reset every month or two. If you really think it's better to use the existing universes as a guinea pig to test out ideas that could result in disaster for every player no matter how much they have invested in it then I think we just discovered why you don't run an online gaming company.

I think putting some universes online where you can register as a test account and mess around with the new ideas before they get hardwired is a great idea and could be lots of fun for the players who are bored and looking for something interesting to do, especially if BFG would allow you to copy your current account into a clone beta testing universe to play with. After a month or two the mirror server is reset and restarted with new tweaks until the bugs are worked out and BFG is happy with the mechanics. You would get to play your account in an environment with no "real" consequences and be doing some good.

IF it were to be a test uni i'd be game and I like this idea... but from the OP that's not the case...
"Give them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!"

S7 Leader Uni2

Zeus Kills: stopped counting
Heph Kills: many
Moons given: dubbed the moongiver