contact
May 29, 2020, 11:39:48 PM

Author Topic: Re: Topic: Upcoming updates and downtime!  (Read 973 times)

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
Re: Topic: Upcoming updates and downtime!
« on: January 24, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »
Matt... is there any chance that the new user interface could be modified slightly?

Personally, I think it would better like this: (it took me less than 1 minute to change it - this change would be less drastic than the one that you showed in the update post - the long time users might be more comfortable with it)

EDIT: I added a second version for BFG to give consideration to. I'd be happy with either of them :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:50:41 PM by Monkey D. Luffy »
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Topic: Upcoming updates and downtime!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 08:34:21 PM »
+1 Monkey
SFCO Uni - Rick Blackford, Leader, Valente do Moita
Uni2 - Emperor R, no longer active here
Nova Uni - Nova1, Harrasser, N:S:K, gave this one up!
SDE, Lancelot, Not playing anymore

Morat

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »
+1 to the first one
+2 to the second one

Being given the chance to have some input on changes before they're implemented - not likely, mate. Check out the wording - "However, to accommodate these changes it was necessary for us to redesign the user interface. Attached is an image depicting the new user interface."

There's no hint that it's up for discussion.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:46:32 PM by Morat »

Offline Zuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 09:39:41 PM »
i do enjoy the bottom one with the SFC logo on the left side. it we must adapt or die then oh well but this would make this weird looking interface much easier to handle

Offline Alna-Shok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 09:41:48 PM »
+1 Monkey!! Those are pretty cool. Personally I prefer the top one myself, has more of that TNG LCARS look to it.

Maybe BFG could reskin the interface and use the LCARS colors? Probably not, copyright issues.
I am a Ranger.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One.

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:54:48 PM »
However to be totally honest I am happy with the current screen. It just needs the added feature links. I am trying to understand why BFG thinks we want to scroll completely to the top to make a screen selection. This is sort of similar to scrolling completely to the bottom to log out. Apparently the concept of a user friendly interface was never taught at BFG Development University.

Just sayin'

Offline Zuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »
Apparently the concept of a user friendly interface was never taught at BFG Development University.

Just sayin'

+1 milliion

Morat

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »
Yeah, I guess I should have added more scrolling = bad when I pointed out that more clicks = bad.

Incidentally, and *almost* OT, I looked at a mission page just now. I could only run a harvest mission on that planet, but there were five, FIVE links on the page to do with credits and purchases. Add another link for each different mission you can run, and I think any new player should get the picture pretty quickly.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 10:27:20 PM »
Monkey D. Luffy, thanks for the feedback. I'm passing it along to the design team.

Morat, we understand you don't want to support the game through credit purchases. However, your feedback here regarding that issue is off topic as this post relates to future updates to the top user interface.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »
Thank you :)

(and thanks to those who supported)

PS - Personally, I like the layout exactly is it currently is too,... however, if they are going to change the layout regardless,... I think that I'd like to see the change that I made to it in the top pic, a lot more than the one that were shown in the update thread... moving the lists to the left side, just seems counter intuitive for some reason? - I like them on the right.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:44:06 PM by Monkey D. Luffy »
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Morat

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »
Monkey D. Luffy, thanks for the feedback. I'm passing it along to the design team.

Morat, we understand you don't want to support the game through credit purchases. However, your feedback here regarding that issue is off topic as this post relates to future updates to the top user interface.

I, personally, will not purchase credits, although I will complete offers and surveys for them. I have never said that I am opposed to the purchase of credits to support the game.

As I said, my comment was *almost* off topic. The changes proposed include much larger and arguably more intrusive Credits and Store links, hence the relevance, although I admit that's a stretch. If you insist on a separate topic for any comment that isn't explicitly related to the OP then the forum would quickly become unmanageable, although I would be happy to do that if you desire.

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with being left or right handed? But when I look at a screen, any screen, I like the informational stuff on the right also.

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »
Sort of like this myself  :D

Morat

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 11:15:17 PM »
Yeah, I was wondering about it being right handed. I'm too familiar with the existing SFC screen though, so I looked at some other sites, and (in my small sample) usually, although far from always, the bit you look at most often is in the top right.

Klinghorn

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »
So long as we dont use an SDE format... Takes forever to load , seems to load different bits about 3 times... Not designed with usability in mind .. But then few games firms ever master look and v functionality to get the optimum mix... Oh and i thonk Matts comment to Morat was the one that was out of order here .. He ought to remove it :)

birthmark-ant