contact
March 21, 2019, 10:22:50 AM

Author Topic: If it aint broke, don't fix it (Tech Tree updates)  (Read 3569 times)

Klinghorn

If it aint broke, don't fix it
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »
Please put back an option to see the tech tree in its original view?

And WHY THE FFFF DONT BFG ACTUALLY RUN THIS STUFF BY PLAYERS BEFORE THEY WASTE TIME ON THIS KIND OF THING.

Come on BFG ASK us what we want...

I get more and more irritated by the appaling decisions you guys make at times... What are you guys smoking in there?

Offline PseudoFrog

• View Profile
Re: If it aint broke, don't fix it
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 07:17:21 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. We'll continue to make adjustments and improvements to the game so that we can continue to appeal to the widest audience of users possible.

It would be more useful if you used feedback to generate changes as opposed to making changes to generate feedback.

And just in case you hadn't noticed the above feedback was overwhelmingly scathing disapproval.

Frog

Klinghorn

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
Hydro mines resource showing as Red , all others white  - already got Ore Mine 24 , crystal 20 , hydro 19 .....

NEXT RECOMMENDATION : Crystal Mine ..... Ehhhhh? How in gods name did your programmer work that out? I would have accepted  Hydro Silo Upgrade ONLY for that OR 'build somethng that needs Hydro' as a next step...

It gets worse.... Shocking change ... And half of the ship tech requirements dont fit in the little squarw boxes ... Like Thanos .... Headpalm all round BFG ...

If you KNEW this stuff was getting done why oh why did you not advise us .... Your change control is appalling...

Klinghorn

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 07:31:46 PM »
How quickly can ypu put the old page back? This is a nightmare on an ipad..

Offline SandMan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 07:36:10 PM »
It would be more useful if you used feedback to generate changes as opposed to making changes to generate feedback.

+1

Offline Lord of the Sith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »
There's an old acronym we used to use in the Army when training new recruits, K.I.S.S. which stands for "Keep It Simple Stupid".
What that means is if you automatically assume everyone is dumb, and use to simplest methods possible to get information across, then things are understood a lot more easily and people are less likely to make mistake's, and everything runs more smoothly.

What you have done BFG is the opposite with the change made to the tech tree, you have over complicated something that was perfect the way it was, you could see exactly were you were at a glance, and exactly what was needed for an upgrade without any messing about.
All you have done is made it more likely that newer players will give up on the game because there is too much for them to get their heads around.
Lord of the Sith,
Uni-2, Emperor, Darkside Alliance.

Klinghorn

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
There's an old acronym we used to use in the Army when training new recruits, K.I.S.S. which stands for "Keep It Simple Stupid".
What that means is if you automatically assume everyone is dumb, and use to simplest methods possible to get information across, then things are understood a lot more easily and people are less likely to make mistake's, and everything runs more smoothly.

What you have done BFG is the opposite with the change made to the tech tree, you have over complicated something that was perfect the way it was, you could see exactly were you were at a glance, and exactly what was needed for an upgrade without any messing about.
All you have done is made it more likely that newer players will give up on the game because there is too much for them to get their heads around.
too true mate.....

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 08:30:55 PM »
Matt,
Instead of the "index" that is just a list, can't you at least use the old page as the "index", since it was already in a nice list format? And maybe have an option in the options that allows you to select which view is the default, the tree or the old school "index"?

That would seem to please everybody.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline rick blackford

• Gone Fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »
The tech screen for my homeworld shows this under buildings tab...lol...I have yet to unlock any of these :(

Thanks monkey, I stand corrected...I DO have these unlocked just not built so the screen is actually giving me correct info...to a point, I also have all the ships unlocked and that shows correctly but this screen does not show other buildings that are 'unlocked' res den for example.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 10:23:35 PM by rick blackford »
SFCO Uni - Rick Blackford, Leader, Valente do Moita
Uni2 - Emperor R, no longer active here
Nova Uni - Nova1, Harrasser, N:S:K, gave this one up!
SDE, Lancelot, Not playing anymore

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
Rick,... what requirements do warehouses have to unlock them?... I thought that they started unlocked? and the missile silo only requires a shipyard lvl 1.... you don't even have a lvl 1 shipyard? ... seriously?

As to the topic of the thread,... I like the change - but would like it better, if the listed requirements, would show as red and green (depending on what you have already built or researched)
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Caterine

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 09:49:49 PM »
Nope, don't like it either.  ::)

I seem to remember all the compliments BFG got when they added the little numbers showing the level you were at on each tech. All there at a glance.

Don't you remember the compliments, BFG?
I know they are rare...but those little numbers were so nice.

Please! Put 'em back the way they wuz!!!!!
Caterine - SFCO
Mosquito - Extreme
Witchblade - Hired Guns

Offline slickerpimp

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54:18 PM »
I can't tell what I need to do next when I scroll to the bottom of the new tech screen. I can either look at the pictures or look at the missions. I can not do both so I do not know what I need next for a mission. I prefer the old way. AT A GLANCE was better.

Offline Jasonb_03

• me Scrotus, you DSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »
Nope, don't like it either.  ::)

I seem to remember all the compliments BFG got when they added the little numbers showing the level you were at on each tech. All there at a glance.

Don't you remember the compliments, BFG?
I know they are rare...but those little numbers were so nice.

Please! Put 'em back the way they wuz!!!!!

oh yeah, I remember expressing happiness with the change then. What a let down to see something so long in coming tossed aside. It worked much better the old way. Imagine being a noob and trying to make sense of it all lol, I think it's worse for noobs, cos there's no way someone who doesn't have an idea of where to find what he wants, will be able to go to all those tabs, remember,  and put together the overview that was right in front of you the old way.
I AM SCROTUS   HEAR ME ROAR lol

Offline Jasonb_03

• me Scrotus, you DSP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 10:13:57 PM »
Also, since the requirements are only for the currently selected planet, I see that making it more difficult for the noobs who don't know.
I AM SCROTUS   HEAR ME ROAR lol

Offline Herb

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 11:05:41 PM »
It's just horrible. Why complicate things when the simple version worked so much better?

The programmers time would have been better spent sorting other ui issues.

Please change it back!