contact
September 20, 2019, 09:12:49 PM

Author Topic: Ω 4K vrs TIME/time  (Read 27705 times)

Offline Zuk

• View Profile
Re: Ω 4K vrs TIME/time
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 05:03:40 AM »
meek i would say since there really isnt a war currently going and it seems more like you say he say stuff, there isnt a point to have anything like the peanut gallery. all this thread seems like is saying the same thing back and forth. i had originally hoped for something a little better out of this thread but it seems there may not be anything worthwhile here.

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 06:19:19 AM »
Hen: no comment, your a waist of air. You speak so much crap (like 1000 nukes when it was 100) that I don't even want to spend time trying (nor do I feel obligated) to justify your BS.  Dear God boy, can you not read? I said you guys destroyed about 40 nukes worth and it wasnt like you sent 1000 nukes at me. Learn to read and contribute constructively before posting in future.
Hen: I am not your boy.I never said that you were MY boy, again learn to read please. I simply called you a boy, unless you are disputing the image in my head that you are a male? ... I thought not.

To the above post:  why don't you stop name calling and  'grow a pair' and post your game name ;)
denigrate

den·i·grate
   [den-i-greyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), den·i·grat·ed, den·i·grat·ing.
to speak damagingly of; criticize in a derogatory manner; sully; defame: to denigrate someone's character.
to treat or represent as lacking in value or importance; belittle; disparage: to denigrate someone's contributions to a project.

TomL you denigrated Kaork. That is what Kaork obviously meant. see above definition for denigrate. You must have a language barrier as you speak the Queens English, but slang over here in the Colonies is a little more colorful.

Here let me educate you on the origin of the word boy:

Boy

boy
mid-12c., boie "servant, commoner, knave, boy," possibly from O.Fr. embuie "one fettered," from V.L. *imboiare, from L. boia "leg iron, yoke, leather collar," from Gk. boeiai dorai "ox hides." But it also appears to be identical with E.Fris. boi "young gentleman," and perhaps with Du. boef "knave,"

Probably the most insulting of that is knave. You know what that is right? You're obviously an "educated" man... no I will not call YOU "boy" that would be beneath me and disrespectful to the powers that be. No not you TomL.

meek i would say since there really isnt a war currently going and it seems more like you say he say stuff, there isnt a point to have anything like the peanut gallery. all this thread seems like is saying the same thing back and forth. i had originally hoped for something a little better out of this thread but it seems there may not be anything worthwhile here.

Yes there are a lot of Air pirates on this particular thread. Time and time again it happens yet they never seem to get short of breathe.
War Commander Dark Disciple Of Muad'Dib [Based Ωn]

Quote from: Pliny the Elder
"The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach."

Offline TomL

• Skype - bakedbeans03
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2012, 06:51:07 AM »

Completely agree, I do not know why Kaorky started this thread. He shows no intention of accepting war and from the stories that are being sent to us he does this often. He stirs the pot and then backs out making some lame excuses. I would love to be able to post battle reports but we have pulled back from attacking them to save their fleets for an actual war. We were in danger of running our targets short before any war.

denigrate

den·i·grate
   [den-i-greyt] Show IPA
to speak damagingly of; criticize in a derogatory manner; sully; defame: to denigrate someone's character.
to treat or represent as lacking in value or importance; belittle; disparage: to denigrate someone's contributions to a project.

TomL you denigrated Kaork. That is what Kaork obviously meant. see above definition for denigrate. You must have a language barrier as you speak the Queens English, but slang over here in the Colonies is a little more colorful.

Boy

boy
mid-12c., boie "servant, commoner, knave, boy," possibly from O.Fr. embuie "one fettered," from V.L. *imboiare, from L. boia "leg iron, yoke, leather collar," from Gk. boeiai dorai "ox hides." But it also appears to be identical with E.Fris. boi "young gentleman," and perhaps with Du. boef "knave,"

Probably the most insulting of that is knave. You know what that is right? You're obviously an "educated" man... no I will not call YOU "boy" that would be beneath me and disrespectful to the powers that be. No not you TomL.

I do not deny that I sought to belittle Kaorks chracter. Part 2 of your insightful dictionary excerpt is exactly what I was going for. Kaorks contribution to the forum is all talk and no substace. Perhaps you needed that little English lesson, I certainly did not.

As for your last sentence, are you sure? Kaork seems to think that I might be BFG for some strange reason.

We are waiting on you to accept the war, what is the point in even creating a forum thread if you are not going to go through with a war?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 06:52:59 AM by TomL »

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 06:59:45 AM »
I do not deny that I sought to belittle Kaorks chracter. Part 2 of your insightful dictionary excerpt is exactly what I was going for. Kaorks contribution to the forum is all talk and no substace. Perhaps you needed that little English lesson, I certainly did not.My Mother was an English Instructor. Grammar was her Forte. Spelling was too. I still seem to misspell sometimes, a great disappointment to her, but I always attempt a proof read before submitting a post. I would suggest the same of you in the future, just to make sure there is no misunderstanding

As for your last sentence, are you sure? Kaork seems to think that I might be BFG for some strange reason.I have no allusions to how you view your standing with BFG. You are a cash flow. Plain and simple. You spend your hard earned money to entertain yourself. I hope your are entertained as much as you can afford.

We are waiting on you to accept the war, what is the point in even creating a forum thread if you are not going to go through with a war?
denigrate

den·i·grate
   [den-i-greyt] Show IPA

Boy

boy

Yes there are a lot of Air pirates on this particular thread. Time and time again it happens yet they never seem to get short of breathe.

Being a stickler for the rules of the Forum TomL I would appreciate it if you would follow this one:

Be Constructive and Civil
Starfleet Commander is an international game. Many people with different backgrounds, values, ethics and beliefs participate. The same applies to the audience of our forum. You'll encounter players that have opinions that you totally disagree with, and topics that are controversial. You are entitled to your opinion. We ask, however, that every forum participant respects the views of other players. Agree to disagree, discuss and argue constructively -- do not resort to name-calling or slanderous accusations. Let your arguments speak for themselves without taking it to a personal level. Flames are discouraged, personal attacks and insults are a violation of the forum guidelines. Attack a player's statement, do not attack the player himself.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:24:47 AM by Rogan »

"The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach."

Offline TomL

• Skype - bakedbeans03
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2012, 07:32:09 AM »
There was no 'personal' attack, any attack was made in the spirit of posturing and seeking the upper ground for the war. In my eyes a personal attack would be to say something about somones personal life.

The intent of this thread is between two alliances which are seeking war, it would be absurd to assume that people will not be attacked, what I think matters is the intent of the attack.

I reject your arguement that a forum rule has been broken and will seek clarification from Matt when I see him pop up on skype.

Offline GordonK

• View Profile
Ω 4K vrs TIME/time
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »
Hen: I am not your boy.

To the above post:  why don't you stop name calling and  'grow a pair' and post your game name ;)
why dont you just war with Time? Cluck cluck cluck.......

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2012, 07:49:53 AM »
There was no 'personal' attack, any attack was made in the spirit of posturing and seeking the upper ground for the war. In my eyes a personal attack would be to say something about somones personal life.

The intent of this thread is between two alliances which are seeking war, it would be absurd to assume that people will not be attacked, what I think matters is the intent of the attack.

I reject your arguement that a forum rule has been broken and will seek clarification from Matt when I see him pop up on skype.

You see there you go again. I did not say you "attacked" him personally. You appear to be implying I accused you of attacking him personally. I never did that.  The rule does say "Let your arguments speak for themselves without taking it to a personal level." It does say "Attack a player's statement, do not attack the player himself."

You took your statements to a personal level by trying to denigrate Kaork's character when you called him a boy.

Please re-read my post. You appear to be over reacting.

Offline GordonK

• View Profile
Ω 4K vrs TIME/time
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2012, 08:05:11 AM »
It's traditional in these threads (ever since the last one) to include a "Peanut Gallery" for players who aren't directly affected by the conflict but enjoy taking the piss and stirring things up ..
.. is it ok if I take the mick out of a few folk who have posted .. or should I keep my beak out ?
and has the war kicked off yet ?
yours curiously .. Meek :)
why change a habit of a lifetime ...

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 08:14:56 AM »
why change a habit of a lifetime ...

We Enjoy the "peanut gallery" they add so much more to the discussion

Offline Zuk

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »
that is true. but there is no discussion being made right now. only people saying this and that. from  what i have seen so far. there is some validation to koark wanting both times being at war with them. since it would prevent member of both flowing from one to another. from what was posted here it seems to be a problem. if its not then Time put it in the terms that no member will leave while at war. you will stand your ground.

if this will be abided by then koark has no other option then to accept. it seems he wanted the war with Time but for the the reason who knows. if he wants to go to war with both then that is something else. then i guess everyone is out of luck. it also seems that many members of koarks alliance all going into d mode. i would put if 25% are in d mode then the war is over. this should solve all the problems i see right now.

however no discussions have been made. one person says something then 4 others come on to say hes being stupid or a liar. regardless of the truth this is what is happening here.

Offline TomL

• Skype - bakedbeans03
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »
You see there you go again. I did not say you "attacked" him personally. You appear to be implying I accused you of attacking him personally. I never did that.  The rule does say "Let your arguments speak for themselves without taking it to a personal level." It does say "Attack a player's statement, do not attack the player himself."

You took your statements to a personal level by trying to denigrate Kaork's character when you called him a boy.

Please re-read my post. You appear to be over reacting.

Are you telling me that Kaork is not a boy?

Offline GordonK

• View Profile
Ω 4K vrs TIME/time
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2012, 08:50:28 AM »
He is clearly a big girl ..or at least her blouse..

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »
He is clearly a big girl ..or at least her blouse..
Mature.

Are you telling me that Kaork is not a boy?

Really? I can see your bored. Let me add some real content. Something you have yet to provide.

that is true. but there is no discussion being made right now. only people saying this and that. from  what i have seen so far. there is some validation to koark wanting both times being at war with them. since it would prevent member of both flowing from one to another. from what was posted here it seems to be a problem. if its not then Time put it in the terms that no member will leave while at war. you will stand your ground.

if this will be abided by then koark has no other option then to accept. it seems he wanted the war with Time but for the the reason who knows. if he wants to go to war with both then that is something else. then i guess everyone is out of luck. it also seems that many members of koarks alliance all going into d mode. i would put if 25% are in d mode then the war is over. this should solve all the problems i see right now.

however no discussions have been made. one person says something then 4 others come on to say hes being stupid or a liar. regardless of the truth this is what is happening here.

You have very valid points. If there were a way to prevent "officer exchanges" between Time and time, then perhaps Ω 4K could come to some compromise with Time/time. Perhaps turn off recruiting for both alliances, if there were a way for BFG to ensure this was a "FACT" instead of some plausible reality during a war scenario. The only problem I foresee in this event is a sudden surge from one alliance to another before the actual acceptance of a "war" agreement. Something that can be determined by a cursory investigation by BFG of the database using simple query routines.

The 25% (d) mode would of course need to be discussed within both alliances, should little time not be included in any conditions and excluded as an escape mechanism for damaged, defunct, defeated Time players.

I do not know if there is a routine associated with the 'war' request that prevents recruiting from being turned on or off. That maybe a feature request to enhance the gameplay.

Not being a leader of any alliance I would not know the options available and controllable in a specific scenario.

And just for the record, someone 'saying' they will not do something is just asking for me to sell you beach front property in Arizona.

Offline Zuk

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »
this is exactly what im talking about. nothing is going on here. both sides need to just suck it up and stop putting the other side down.

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »
this is exactly what im talking about. nothing is going on here. both sides need to just suck it up and stop putting the other side down.

But that IS how the other side plays