contact
July 02, 2020, 12:16:23 PM

Author Topic: What would be a decent fllet size for a heph in X2  (Read 2644 times)

Mephistopheles

What would be a decent fllet size for a heph in X2
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:54:16 PM »
I have been considering building my first heph and was wondering what would be a realistic fleet size for a heph in x2.

I keep seeing these Hephs that are so small that it would be easy for a 1000 ranked player to kill them. I know I will never have a fleet that can handle the BIG guys, but I have been wanting to start hunting more aggressively and expand my hunting grounds. I currently rank about 600 overall and  am in the 300s for fleet.

From what I have seen in the game a heph is a BIG risk as they are destroyed easily enough and when they go you lose everything. at least using my gates and hunting near my planets I have not managed to be too big a target yet. I have not built a heph for that reason it is a crap shoot when you first launch a heph and it seems that almost everybody loses one fairly quickly.

With the recent pruning of in-actives it seems like a good idea to start moving around a lot more. Your thoughts would be appreciated!

TimeLord
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:04:55 PM by TimeLord SFCX2 »

Offline Coolloser

• View Profile
Re: What would be a decent fllet size for a heph in X2
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:30:33 PM »
As long as you are careful and don't put yourself at risk, there is no such thing as too small!

Sent from my mo0 using Tapatalk

Moons Created: 1071
Moons Owned: 51
Most Zeese Killed in One Shot: 100

UniX1; Retired TeaBaggger
Uni2X; Revolution: Just Cools

Offline Despicableme

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:09:08 PM »
I agree. There is no such thing as too small of a fleet for a heph. If you are careful and you FRS all the time then you are safe. Make sure your fleet arrives home an hour or so after you will be there to ensure you still have a fleet. If you get stuck in traffic, late at work or whatever the reason your fleet would be at risk but if you play smart, don't attack out of system with your heph, don't launch recyclers from your heph.. you will stay safe!!!

R.I.P Baby!!!

Offline switch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:51:34 AM »
Moon hunting > heph hunting

Plus you need the ninth planet slot for mines + the hunting ground/galaxy coverage the moon give.
Luther Blissett  - Uni X2

Offline DESERT FOX

• Don't let the soft side fool you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
While it is true that there are many drawbacks to having a Heph, at a certain point it becomes difficult and expensive to not have one.
Being ranked 28 in fleet, it can cost millions just to FRS even for an extended period.
It all comes down to method and participation. With the correct process of hunting, one can limit vulnerability even with a smaller compliment. One should never engage targets beyond their range, and there are a few things that one should never do. Even with faster speed techs I would never attempt to use ships that are Jet Drive.
The best method is to mobilize the larger fleet on the Heph, and continue to hunt from Warp Moons with lesser fleets.
It is my goal to eventually have at least 100 Zeus on my Heph for defense. The best defense is the aversion to an attack. Most would never attempt to attack a Heph if the loss outweighs the gain.

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 12:42:11 PM »
Do not waste any resource for having Zeus on your heph, any Zeus on heph makes it more yummy...more Zeus bigger banquet....

Offline DESERT FOX

• Don't let the soft side fool you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 12:58:29 PM »
While that may be true, To make it more difficult to bring down, and to increase the amount of DSP taken from the attacker, the better.

Offline Despicableme

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 09:33:20 PM »
I agree that DSP is great but why make yourself a target? Look through the reports in the battle report section. Most people that have a ton of zeus have lost them lately. 100 zeus = 1 big freekin target!!
R.I.P Baby!!!

Offline neonnative

• I will s†rike down upon †hee wi†h grea† vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »
hmph....i currently have 197 zeus on heph   ;D

Offline Painful Urine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 04:16:45 AM »
hmph....i currently have 197 zeus on heph   ;D

Um... Where? I hear there's a keyboard shortcut that makes that many zeus temporarily invincible. Depending on your operating system. Windows XP it's "Start", "u","u". [Ctl+alt+del]x2 is the alternate. PM your co-ords. We can practise it...

Offline neonnative

• I will s†rike down upon †hee wi†h grea† vengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 09:37:24 PM »
i'm sure it's still sitting in g6.  i haven't log in to check for a couple of days...

my operating system is ITS (Incompatible Timesharing System) although slightly modified

:D

Offline rename yourself

• Mafia Boss for ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 11:01:45 AM »
Can anyone explain a good ratio of ships.

Like how many arties needed to protect apollo, how many apollo needed to protect posi, posi to athena and so on

Offline Elevas

• View Profile
    • Carpe Clunes Comedy
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 01:16:14 PM »
The average Heph in X2 should have all of the ships currently existing in the SFCO universe aboard.
True story.
Elevas Sunchild, flooder fori and head of The Regiment
Moons owned - 14 (9 in O, 5 in 2)
Moons given - 36 (All on Purpose)
Best rank to date - 817 (SFCO)
First (in SFCO) to Energy Tech 17, I claim it!

Offline Painful Urine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 01:18:07 PM »
There is no perfect ratio. It depends on what you are attacking.

Proms are weak to masses of Artemis. Ares kill defense and nothing rapids them Hades are weak to proms and artemis. Athena hit hard but pretty much once per round. Poseidons eat artemis  but are weak to everything else. Apollos hit about 3x as hard as artemis and are not as vulnerable to Hades as Athenas. Artemis are just for killing rapid fire chances of hades and lowering losses against low numbers of strong ships/defenses

All the big fleets I saw had a ton of Hades and Artemis so I based my ratios on defending against that
Here is a sample of the ratio I had for a while.  1: Prom 1: Ares 1: Hades 1:Athena 5:Poseidon 25:Apollo 50:Artemis. Also, enough harvesters to pick up all of my debris if I got wiped out in 2 waves.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:22:25 PM by Painful Urine »

Offline Elevas

• View Profile
    • Carpe Clunes Comedy
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »
Actually... Apollos are much more vulnerable to Hades due to RF.
Elevas Sunchild, flooder fori and head of The Regiment
Moons owned - 14 (9 in O, 5 in 2)
Moons given - 36 (All on Purpose)
Best rank to date - 817 (SFCO)
First (in SFCO) to Energy Tech 17, I claim it!

birthmark-ant