So I know that after almost getting excited about playing a new Tournament Universe that after reading the proposed layout for the tournament, that given the way that the tokens and beginning strategy of the game work, that I won't be playing this one.
However, I thought that perhaps, in this thread, players could list the things that they would want to see in a Tournament Universe that they would actually play.
Here are my thoughts:
1) the current proposed speeds and building mine ratios are good - +1
2) No moons for the tournament uni
3) have everyone start with a full fleet at the beginning of the game. Have all buildings start at level 10 generation and the techs should start from 0 as usual.
4) have no ships/massive res bonus' available in the tokens for sale. However, as BFG does need to generate cash, still have the droids, admirals, planet moves, etc for sale as those functions don't affect the leaderboards the same say.
5) have the point system for building/res spent calculate differently on a point for build ratio rather than a res spent ratio. This would make the focus of this Tournament Universe be about hunting/surviving/ship building versus mine building.
6) Have no NPC's in the game at all
7) have no missions for res, but instead have the missions generate badges only or unlock accomplishments that do have rewards.
have a 3 strikes your 'out' rule in the universe meaning that if you lose 50% or more of your fleet more than 3 times than you game becomes null and void (this could mean that maybe the Tourny length gets diminished to maybe 2-3 months tops)
9) charge an entrance fee of $25.00 but for that fee give every new player 50-100k in credits to start the game with.
10) winner of the Tournament and top player in each category would go in a new thread called 'the Winning Hall of Fame' on the boards.
So that is my dream hunter's tourney idea.
For those that are builders, perhaps you would like to see a Tournament that showcases building instead or for other hunters, you might have some better ideas on how a Tournament universe could be created as a level playing field that measures skill.
Either way, I thought that I would post this thread as a start to generate ideas of what players would like to see in Tournament Universes in one thread given the current reaction to the one proposed by BFG.