contact
July 05, 2020, 12:32:59 AM

Author Topic: N:S:K vs Bored  (Read 6852 times)

Offline Fleet Pirate

• View Profile
Re: N:S:K vs Bored
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2012, 03:47:07 PM »
Jez, if you were receiving intel of any form, than the suspension is deserved.  Intel helps you "plan", so in effect you were collaborating with bored to make the hit, even though you may not see it that way.

Offline Jezebel

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »
like i said, i didn't think i was doing anything wrong. all i did was enquire the fleet size. at the time i was not planning to hit it but when i told my buddies about it we decided we wanted to give it a go. i never told bored we were planning to hit him, like he already stated in another thread, he was surprised that it was us that took the fleet out. he thought it was gonna be someone big like wgw. i also said, if what i did was against the rules, i really wasn't aware that i was breaking a rule and will take my punishment with grace. i am not bothered about the suspension i just don't like to branded a cheater for making what was at worst a bad judgement call by chatting to a neighbour before we blew him up.

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »
like i said, i didn't think i was doing anything wrong. all i did was enquire the fleet size. at the time i was not planning to hit it but when i told my buddies about it we decided we wanted to give it a go. i never told bored we were planning to hit him, like he already stated in another thread, he was surprised that it was us that took the fleet out. he thought it was gonna be someone big like wgw. i also said, if what i did was against the rules, i really wasn't aware that i was breaking a rule and will take my punishment with grace. i am not bothered about the suspension i just don't like to branded a cheater for making what was at worst a bad judgement call by chatting to a neighbour before we blew him up

Well...being him in p mode, that information was the most valuable...since nobody could probe him...you were the only ones that could plan the attack...

Offline xXxAPUxXx

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2012, 04:15:40 PM »
This i(s) really too funny all around!  Truthfully .. the great hit? I mean (s)eriou(s)ly .. waving a retirement party flag around like it(s) your (s)olo effort that cru(s)hed communi(s)m? I don't blame ya for killing the (s)hip(s), I mean .. who wouldn't? But a "World Wide Web Worthy Deed?" Hardly.  And yeah, a(s) u(s)ual .. deny deny deny.

But tho(s)e with the hammer (s)eem to have (s)een it from (s)ome other angle huh? (S)o you get an (s) for your (S)uper Accompli(s)hment! Well gue(s)(s) what .. methink(s) ya did plan it out ..lol, (s)o enjoy the ride. The only down(s)ide here i(s) if they let the d(s)p and harve(s)t(s) go a(s) i(s).

finally a visit to our awesome hit thread from a guy who actually attacks with his ships he built, we are
not worthy o mighty wgw.i especially like the (s) part very clever!! i have written it in my will that my gravestone
 be branded  here lies xxxAP(U)xxx a branded (c)heating N.S.(K)outlaw of the (i)ntergalactic space highways with the claim to fame
that one of my threads was once visi(t)ed by the mighty wgw  which made all his dreams come true!

Offline Admiral Rinoa

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2012, 04:19:23 PM »
From what i gather here, if an attacker Talks to the defender before an attack, that will get you suspended? :o.

Ive seen retirement quit threads before, why is this one special.

giving a rough fleet size, and it was rough...It was short by several thousands ships is hardly cheating when u can Scan me anyway -.-

Offline Jezebel

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2012, 04:20:53 PM »
actually, he clearly stated on his original forum post that his entire fleet would be landing at 19:00 so no one would have been able to probe and see his fleet even if he was not in p.

his planet said free fleet kill 22:00 so we assumed that was when his p mode was ending. his fleet was sat for over 3 hours before we launched as some of our guys were still on their way. if it was planned it would have been piss poor planning.

i am sure if anyone else had asked what fleet he had, he would have told them too, and when i asked, there was no thought of going after it.

i admit i may have screwed up but there was no intent to manipulate the system, and apart from the fleet details which anyone could have asked about, the information we had was the same as everyone else had.

VAnna

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »
still think they should restrict those retirement parties - as (i) - fine to kill it - but you wont get anything to show for it dsp wise.
otherwise its still way to easy to boost each other - especially when considering tournament uni.

after all - it is very easy to jump on forum - while your friend is busy lining up the attack  - and then call the - i told everyone card...

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »
i am sure if anyone else had asked what fleet he had, he would have told them too, and when i asked, there was no thought of going after it.

Still you do not get it, the information that he passed to you was not available to other players, why they should have asked? He could have posted the fleet on the forums, somebody else could have asked and he did not reply (maybe because offline).
You might did not want to plan, but your actions lead to a planning of the attack, i.e. having the fleet size and be able to have the sufficient ships ready for the hit, well ahead of any other player...no matter when his fleet landed and how long sat there.

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
still think they should restrict those retirement parties - as (i) - fine to kill it - but you wont get anything to show for it dsp wise.

I agree, however I believe that BFG has introduced the DSP pushing rule to remove the loop hole of the RSP pushing rule.

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2012, 04:46:58 PM »
Actually I think it was your communications from the BFG gods about your in game whatever that motivated them to hand you the (S)uperman (S)tamp of approval that is your main issue..lol. Why oh why, when this kind of garbage goes down, the hammer falls, the (s) is given (and not removed like they will if a proper justification is provided).. does it always drag out into an endless parade of NOT ME!!  This is not that hard. Call it what you will, don't mean jack shit. BFG called it against the rules for whatever reason, thats where the body lies, and the brand is burned on... stop the CPR, shovel on the dirt.... and let the ghost get some rest.

“And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found”

Offline Jezebel

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
andy, i do get it and i i agree with what you are saying. i am just trying to make it clear that there was no intentional cheating. it was poor judgement on my part but knowing the very rough fleet count really made no difference. we would have still brought in all the ships that we did. he was rank #19  for fleet so it was always gonna need a lot to take it down.

everything we did,  we would have done the same way with or without that information, but there is a big difference between having what amounted to a slight unfair advantage and planning a retirement party. nothing was planned between the attackers and the defender.

and lyt, i agree with you about making these situations non profit. i never usually go on group hits as i get poor dsp. i have intentionally kept my rsp low so i can score better on dsp. i made more dsp the other day doing a 10 mil solo hit. this was just supposed to be a bit of fun on a friday night with some buddies. who knew what a drama it would turn into :D

Offline Andrea Nard1

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2012, 04:57:50 PM »
andy, i do get it and i i agree with what you are saying. i am just trying to make it clear that there was no intentional cheating. it was poor judgement on my part but knowing the very rough fleet count really made no difference. we would have still brought in all the ships that we did. he was rank #19  for fleet so it was always gonna need a lot to take it down.

I understood that was not intentional cheating, that's why I keep my cheater hammer in the locker and I did not use it  ;D
You are not the first and will not be the last to be suspended for unintentionally breaking the rules, or because of poor judgement. Once the s will be gone, for the me issue will be closed, I do not think that this s has tainted your profile

Offline Jezebel

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2012, 05:12:38 PM »
thanks andy  :-*

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2012, 09:14:20 PM »
watch out though jez,...interacting with andy will taint you on many levels!
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Jezebel

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »
no comment  :P

birthmark-ant