contact
July 05, 2020, 12:46:15 AM

Author Topic: Do you think you can become No1???  (Read 5128 times)

Ali Baba

Do you think you can become No1???
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »
Well.....My Question is really simple do you think a non-paying member of the SFCer Tournament can become No1 and win the Tournament???

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
Re: Do you think you can become No1???
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »
Unlikely, at least; not without SOME expenditure

VAnna

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
paying nothing at all - i doubt it - though people may surprise - considering its a fast uni - and dsp isnt limited.

but paying as one might do in any other uni for extra mine % / solar % and keeping up with mine robots etc - would probably give anyone an edge - especially the hunters.

edit:

i may as well ask this - has anyone - who has never paid - been at the top - in any of the versions? - just for the sake of it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:23:01 PM by VAnna »

Offline Tuxedo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »
pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered
--
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
Henny Youngman

Offline Ronin

• View Profile
    • The Tourny:)
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 03:50:09 PM »
Well.....My Question is really simple do you think a non-paying member of the SFCer Tournament can become No1 and win the Tournament???

I think it is possible but not this season. BFG made sure of that when they introduced facebook connect to shut some people out. I downloaded a new browser for my mobile today and I can now log in using fb connect. Over a week too late and quite alot of time lost because of it. I'm still cruising up the ranks though and reckon I could, providing all goes well with targets, hit top 10 from where I am now.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 08:41:07 PM »
hell no...you will never have the fleet required fast enough to make it to the top in 4 months....now me, i might!...lol
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline matthjar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 04:42:11 AM »
I think it is possible with a one time expenditure of $20 dollars for 4 months of play..... that is $5 per month.......50 cents for 3 days.......or 17 cents a day.... if you can afford 17 Cents then you CAN DO IT!!!

Offline xXxAPUxXx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 06:55:40 AM »
ill find cuz im not buying anything, another question could be can i go another 15 weeks in tourney without being (s) for totally fair play?

Offline DESERT FOX

• Don't let the soft side fool you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 12:51:37 AM »
Bloody Hell!!! Where is the beef? You must feel that there is hope to reach the top, or just fall to (i) now and save a trip.
I mean to be No. 1 if I have to beg, steal, borrow, or stay up one too many nights doing so.
If your fleet and res falls to me, know this, it will be spent in the pursuit of greater targets. You will be remembered for your contributions.

Offline Bortas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 05:23:46 AM »
another question could be can i go another 15 weeks in tourney without being (s) for totally fair play?

thats the funniest thing ive read today!

i hear ya!

Offline Kaystrra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 11:27:53 AM »
There is no way.   i was sick all night, up every hour and a half or so.  Moved m ships trying to not get attacked again, by the same person.  Still lost everything.  So as a non paying person...I am quickly beginning to think as several others have I know this just isn't worth trying.  I get that it is a war game, please do not go there.  Not sure whay should be done to make it playable, but at this point it is just too time consuming to keep going, with no chance of getting anywhere because of people making sure you are a farm, even if you are playing.

Offline Ronin

• View Profile
    • The Tourny:)
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
@Kaysdtra

In the first couple of weeks, there was this player who kept farming my production. He took teh early game root. I ignored him, but built a handful of defences to deter him a lil and kept plugging away at my mines until I was ready to build ships. Now I am farming his builds and killing his ships.

The Soloist

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »
I say no way, it isnt possible.

If you dish out 50 dollars the minute the game goes live, you can have 9 planets in less than 24 hours of the game being released.

Thats what I did as soon as the game went live. 

VAnna

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 07:58:25 PM »
I say no way, it isnt possible.

If you dish out 50 dollars the minute the game goes live, you can have 9 planets in less than 24 hours of the game being released.

Thats what I did as soon as the game went live.

exactly - thats the thing i presume most have done - you dont really need alot of spending at the start - just enough to get past the annoying first stuff - where you fight for extra ai + atlas + arties - past that - and things goes alot faster

and i presume - its where most at the top - got the headstart - even though there are quite a few people going for it atm - part of those i presume didnt spend alot - so why not - i dont think it can be done - but who knows - always a possibility :)

birthmark-ant