contact
June 06, 2020, 03:38:04 AM

Author Topic: Significant changes have been made to NPCs, including that they now will create  (Read 8792 times)

Morat

Bear in mind that this time next week you won't be able to hit anything at all as all the NPCs in your RSP tier will be too big as they'll be based on players that are hitting NPCs 8+ hours a day.

It's a grind. If you fall too far behind the average daily NPC take in your RSP tier, you're SOL until you drop down to the next RSP tier of NPCs. And if you're still hitting less than the average, you'll keep dropping down. Eventually, newbies playing more than 2 hours a day will be shooting past you in RSP and DSP, but the Uni is likely to be empty long before then.

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
Morat NPC's in my prive range take about 4k athena and lots more each run.  But it's just quite mad really ...
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

Offline Big S

• View Profile
That's what Morat has been saying. As long as you keep hitting them, you grow with them, that makes them grow, and you grow even more next time. Exponential.

You stop, then they outgrow you.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Ken Wagner

in my opinion, hitting NPC's is kinda like masturbation...... :P

True and everyone does it. Given the co-ordinated whine-fest from AA and Andy Nards' re-registering a new account again, it seems they view the new NPC silliness as Hamster poison, a threat to their dominance. I would agree it would make things quite interesting though, if NPCs could be oracled and attacking/returning fleets could be o-locked and ninja'd. Perhaps add the ability to GD an NPC....

Offline Big S

• View Profile
It seems to me that one common suggestion about how to fix NPCs is to essentially make them a battleground for PvP play. Either through oracles or through GD. If that's how to fix it, then how about removing the middle man entirely and just get back to players battling other players directly?

I suppose if getting rid of them, or neutering them back to where they used to be is completely out of the question for BFG, then any feature that breaks the cycle of NPC farmville, no matter how poor a feature, is still better than nothing at all. I don't think it's particularly balanced to allow oracles and GD, but hell, anything's better than nothing. The imbalance I'm referring to is the fact that the big players will still farm the big NPCs and make massive profit, but the smaller NPCs will become honey pots for the big players. If the goal is to allow NPCs to be feed for small and mid players (as BFG says) then this will largely prevent that because there will always be a bigger player sitting and watching.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Ali Baba

Iv got 17billion Crystal!!! anyone got any spare Hydro they wanna trade HAHAHAHAHA

Ali Baba

Or do i have to make a bucket load of Probes HAHAHAHA

Offline krown

• View Profile
Given the co-ordinated whine-fest from AA and Andy Nards' re-registering a new account again, it seems they view the new NPC silliness as Hamster poison, a threat to their dominance.

Without trying to sound like a dick Ken (because we were once in the same alliance, and I tried to reverse a player who locked you when you launched from your PLANET instead of MOON), the only reason you are saying this is because without these new NPCs, you would remain in your natural position on the leaderboard. Where that is, I'll let you figure it out.

Instead of masturbating with a lifeless NPC, you should try having sex with a REAL person.

AA - EMBRACE THE HATE

Morat

Hey!!! No-one told me that nookie was a viable alternative to SFC.   :o

Ken Wagner

Krown, What is my "natural" position on the leaderboard? I've only gained 10 places on the leader board (#103 before NPC, #93 now) here from NPCs. The point about my comment regarding the NPC complaints is this: SO many people are now active, there shouldn't any problem finding live players to hunt. If anything, there may be too many to catch. Consider these veal or Foi Gras, the player fleets are that much more plump for the taking. Adapt and hunt. I don't think your comment made you sound like a dick, just an "Arrogant Ass" (that's an A.A. reference, FYI).

Offline KesserIII

• View Profile
i think he was implying that you and pretty much the rest of your alliance are a bunch of turtles ken.

Offline KesserIII

• View Profile
actually he was probably implying you were and i just added the part about your alliance on my own

Offline SOLDIER of FORTUNE

• View Profile
I think we should be able to scan NPC's... and those realy big should be lowered in DSP's reward......
Also that few million DSP worth NPC's should be offered like some weekend special offer or something...My opinion,nothing else !
NPC surely don't need to be worth 2-3 million DSP's.Long time ago DSP meant something...now it's worthless
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:11:14 PM by SOLDIER of FORTUNE »

Offline krown

• View Profile
Krown, What is my "natural" position on the leaderboard? I've only gained 10 places on the leader board (#103 before NPC, #93 now) here from NPCs. The point about my comment regarding the NPC complaints is this: SO many people are now active, there shouldn't any problem finding live players to hunt. If anything, there may be too many to catch. Consider these veal or Foi Gras, the player fleets are that much more plump for the taking. Adapt and hunt. I don't think your comment made you sound like a dick, just an "Arrogant Ass" (that's an A.A. reference, FYI).

Fair enough. Please enlighten me on how you propose to kill a live target that launched on an NPC from their moon?

Also, would you even bother trying to kill any live players when NPCs that offer ZERO risk yield same (if not more) DSP and as much as 10 times the plunder?

Yes, it is me being arrogant presenting FACTS to my argument rather than supporting it blindly with insults and claims of more people are playing. How do you know this? I could easily say that judging from various threads on the boards, disapproval of these new NPCs outweigh support 2-1.

You only gained 10 rankings I a week? How fast would you have normally gained that much in rank?

AA - EMBRACE THE HATE

Ken Wagner

Actually before the NPC stuff I was gaining about 2-4 places per week. As for "how do you kill a player launching from their moon..." that's why I agree that oracle scans should be allowed on NPCs to introduce risk vs reward. This game was dying before, with so many in v-mode it was near impossible to score a hit. I am not saying this NPC thing is perfect, but you can't say that it hasn't sparked a level of interest. Player fleets will soon eclipse the size of NPC fleets making them nice juicy targets. I think BFG will eventually modify the NPC thing in one way or another and the whole thing will become a footnote. As to a 2-1 disapproval of the new NPCs, "based on various threads", how many postings are from players in the top 100? There are 1,000+ other players in the game who do not post in the boards and we do not know their opinion. Your "FACTS" may not be as reliable as you want them to be.

birthmark-ant