contact
October 22, 2019, 04:02:17 AM

Author Topic: New npc's uni2 lame as bfg  (Read 5141 times)

Offline Battle Angel

• View Profile
Re: New npc's uni2 lame as bfg
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
Oh I get it!
The leaderboard ranking is secondary to the fun factor.  I know I'll never reach No.1 because I'm not wealthy enough.

I don't care if I fall thousands down the leaderboard as long as I have fun doing it.
The naysayers have been saying that the game is going to die for the last couple of years anyway.
If that's the case, let's go out in a HUGE explosion instead of just fading away.

Bring these new NPCs to SFCO NOW!!!!    :P

Offline krown

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 04:34:05 PM »
Oh I get it!
The leaderboard ranking is secondary to the fun factor. 

How do you know they are fun if you've never played against them?

AA - EMBRACE THE HATE

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »
How do you know they are fun if you've never played against them?
In all fairness, that's BFG's attitude toward the game as well. Let's try it and see. What's the worst thing that can happen?? Besides ruining the game and trashing the DSP and RSP everyone spend years working for, I mean, besides that, what's the worst that can happen???

I think all things will become clear in the next 6 months. We will look back and see that BFG was on the brink of collapse and this was a last ditch effort to save the game and their revenue stream. We will see it through the clarity of history post collapse.

Edit: The only reason I say that, is that historically BFG has been much more conservative with game changes. They have left old uni's as-is, despite adamant requests for features in new unis. They even have said at certain points, if you want Nova features, play Nova.

In the end, they have caved on most of these things, and been willing to make whole-sale changes without any testing, and even when hearing the loud sucking sound of players leaving en-masse, they are still unwilling to back track at all. In fact, all evidence is that they are pressing the pedal further down to the floorboard.

I ask myself, why so many radical changes, so unwilling to listen, so aggressive in stimulating "fun", so unwilling to back down from widely demanded changes like no-tokens-for-tourneys? I can think of only one reason. It's a hail Mary.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:57:39 PM by Big S »
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline krown

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 05:00:00 PM »
I think all things will become clear in the next 6 months. We will look back and see that BFG was on the brink of collapse and this was a last ditch effort to save the game and their revenue stream. We will see it through the clarity of history post collapse.

Actually, BFG are currently working on a brand new game, Space (duh) oriented and it's currently in alpha stage. My theory is that they saw people in perma V mode, and others quitting at an alarming rate. They introduced these new NPCs to existing unis to keep what players they left from leaving until the new game can be delivered. At that time, they will have a wider audience at their launch than they would have if they kept everything status quo.

Once the new game arrives, people would be so bored with all the existing unis that they play the new game. Then they can kill off Uni1, Uni2, X1 and X2 (maybe even Nova) properly.

AA - EMBRACE THE HATE

Offline BigDog Returns

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 04:05:32 AM »
No point in changing it back to how it was.The horse has already bolted didn't even take a week.
Move your gaming forward or move away.

I quite the idea of a remake of pacman by bfg would be quite interesting.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:08:54 AM by BigDog Returns »
Sorry BigDog Returns, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
Posting privileges are suspended for 72 hours for continually posting in a non-constructive manner in violation of forum rules.
This ban is set to expire September 06, 2012, 12:43:28 AM.

Matt you even have stuffed this up 72 hours is not 84 do some math classes.

Thankyou for redoing the math ;-) and the reduction of the suspension of my posting privileges.

Offline Beeneys Bash

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 03:42:13 PM »
I think the NPC's in uni2 are brilliant !!!!

I have set up base in 3 G's,all which were slightly dead for active targets...I have a lot of big players around but they are too big for me to even consider...Anything else is too far to attack.

The NPC's were alright to start off with,But it wasn't like they made it easy to get a warpgate or warp 12 in the oven...Now get 2 NPC hit's do warp 12 and replace the ships you lost.

I do think that the NPC should be scan-able by a moon tho thus making it easier for people to be caught running off a moon just hitting NPC's.
And it will make it not so easy to just hit the NPC and gain a lot (just like if you were hitting a player)

Morat

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 05:06:51 PM »
<sigh>

You're a neighbour to me. Within a week I'll have enough foundry and silo to flatten your planets in minutes without thinking twice. I'm Warp 14, though that's nothing to do with NPCs.

Oracle-ing NPCs? Honeypot, from the top down.

Offline baron von goomeister

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 10:35:02 AM »
Having the NPC's have such a high DSP and resource value has really screwed up the game dynamic.  All of the skill and planning has been stripped from the game. It has become a space farmville.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
In an effort to consolidate the discussion on the matter, please post further responses in this thread.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:25:27 AM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me: