contact
September 20, 2019, 04:33:58 PM

Author Topic: Discussion about BFG's rule on transferred account infractions.  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Chekkin

• View Profile
Discussion about BFG's rule on transferred account infractions.
« on: September 07, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »
In my opinion past account infractions should remain. Buyer beware as they say, you need to do your duty and find out what the owner of the account is like. If the owner is a known cheater and had been suspended X times before (even if that number is above the 3 strike limit.) The seller may be looking to make a quick buck off a sucker. He can sell the account, get the funds, and turn around and say you were renting it. BFG may transfer the accounts email, but may be connected to facebook, or vice versa. In both cases either way you access the account can interact with BFG to have the account transferred back fully to the same player. So, again, be careful.

If anybody wants to discuss this, remember to stay on topic. The topic is BFG's rule on infractions not being reset upon account transfer.
Broseidon, bropollo, brometheus...

On the first day god created bros. On the second day god created hos.

Offline Big S

• View Profile
Re: Discussion about BFG's rule on transferred account infractions.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:34:52 AM »
The last thread was locked. I'm not sure discussion is welcomed on this topic.

But if it is, here's a novel idea... how about the infractions follow the person, not the account. And by follow, I mean also from uni to uni...

After all, wouldn't it be lovely if in real life you could reset your personal criminal record just by trading your street name to someone else and let them be punished for your crimes. "No, I'm not 'Special K' (at least not anymore), that guy over there is your man..."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:40:57 AM by Big S »
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline Chekkin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 02:33:07 AM »
There were people in original who cheated, then we caught them cheating in some way or another in every new tournament that started. BFG denied our accusations until we had solid proof every time. The person would get a warning, or get their multis locked. Sometimes the multis would get locked for a few days, then the "friends" would stop pushing for a week but get right back to pushing.

BFG says that in the tournament at least cheaters records will stay with them.
Broseidon, bropollo, brometheus...

On the first day god created bros. On the second day god created hos.

Offline The Grinch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 05:46:03 AM »
The last thread was locked.

mod fail

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 05:53:01 AM »
The last thread was locked because users ceased having a constructive discussion related to the specific support ruling being inquired about (the suspension of Bad Wookie). So long as users can have a constructive discussion without resorting to the same rhetoric from the previous thread (that being, "Your analogy is bad, let me give you a wrong analogy. No, your analogy is wrong, let me give you a bad analogy.") you're welcome to discuss the issue. However, we will not be making any changes to this rule.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »
Wow, we are being judged by Matt on our rhetorical skills. Maybe I should go get a job as a paralegal so I can measure up to expectations, lol.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »
Yup, you're wrong. Sad part is there is no restitution for those that lost ships to the cheater.

Offline JohnJupp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 03:29:41 PM »
The last thread was locked because users ceased having a constructive discussion related to the specific support ruling being inquired about (the suspension of Bad Wookie). So long as users can have a constructive discussion without resorting to the same rhetoric from the previous thread (that being, "Your analogy is bad, let me give you a wrong analogy. No, your analogy is wrong, let me give you a bad analogy.") you're welcome to discuss the issue. However, we will not be making any changes to this rule.

Not entirely Matt.  I started the thread because of BFG's decision and your own statement that people inheriting used accounts should have any suspensions of those accounts transferred to them.  That was the discussion primarily and Bad Wookie was an example.  Yes he deserved a suspension for what he admitted to.  However the crux is BFG through you has stated that new account holders of previously used accounts suffer a penalty in that they inherit transgressions belonging to the previous owner.  I have gone on record as saying that is manifestly unfair.  So how can you say the discussion wasn't constructive?  Seems to me someone (again) is too eager to close threads that criticise.
Quote from: \"Butcher\"
John.. What to say? If there is such thing as a classy hunter, he´s your guy. Thanks for all the fun, buddy.
Quote from: \"Morat\"
What with this and your previous post, you do know you\'re a raving nutjob, right?
First To Break Starfleet Commander Nova - I Claim It

Offline BigDog Returns

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »
bfg need to look at their own system rather than close threads when they run out of excuses
if u have a 3 cheat system and wont tell anyone what do u expect just faceplam stuff
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:53:15 PM by BigDog Returns »
Sorry BigDog Returns, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
Posting privileges are suspended for 72 hours for continually posting in a non-constructive manner in violation of forum rules.
This ban is set to expire September 06, 2012, 12:43:28 AM.

Matt you even have stuffed this up 72 hours is not 84 do some math classes.

Thankyou for redoing the math ;-) and the reduction of the suspension of my posting privileges.

birthmark-ant