contact
August 22, 2019, 04:35:00 PM

Author Topic: New NPC's  (Read 9084 times)

Offline General Anya

• View Profile
Re: New NPC's
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2012, 04:21:57 AM »
Not to mention...
People have res sitting you can take it from them..
Also with all that res they were getting they were able to build bigger fleets.
More for me to take when left out.

Now that they have changed this...
It seems non void to play anymore.
I am not getting enough res to really build my acct.

I will not pay money into something that I do not have to.
That money could be used for something I really need. My KIDS.

The point is bigger players will stay bigger smaller players will stay smaller.
No growing.

I am very saddened on this day.
Like I said I just hope that they see the errors and the wrongdoing of all the fans that loved this game. 
I hope they make a change and make it fast.

Otherwise there might not be anymore SFC at all.

Offline augy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2012, 04:22:43 AM »
i have tried all the uni's and i prefer x2 over them all. yes there arent many left and half of those are in vmode but it wouldnt be that way if bfg didnt try to fix what isnt broken by coming out with new uni's. combine them all into one, take the best features from each, and take feedback, whether good or bad and actually work it into something that works for all users. because some that started when this uni began quit because they felt bfg wasnt listening to them just the people who paid the most money. i was willing to start paying for some of the features they were offering, but not if they arent going to give me what i pay for.

Offline The Truth in X2

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2012, 04:23:01 AM »
There is only one sure way to register your dissatisfaction with the constant meddling from BFG.

Quit Playing. All of their games. All at once.

Offline The Truth in X2

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2012, 04:26:01 AM »
BFG treats everybody who plays in any universe like you are addicted to this game.

And like any drug dealer BFG will jack you then laugh all the way to the bank when you come back for more.

Hit them where it hurts. In the pocket book.

Offline augy

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 04:43:01 AM »
you dont have to stop playing the game, just stop paying for the extras untill they listen to what the players think about what would make the game better

Offline krysst

• All Others Pay Cash
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2012, 05:36:56 AM »
cmon guys and gals ... how many of you had attacks on real players and ALWAYS had hydro profit...  kill these npcs and get 50% dsp and profit from the DF...  I remember i had good "real" dsp and most of those hits maybe 95% were at a hydro loss...

However I must say that the rez reduction was a bit much...as even the original NPCs had more rez on them lol... But not much of a problem here with these new ones...BFG just add a bit more rez lol...someone made a good suggestion about enough hydro to send fleet 1 system over...at least it allows me to recover some of my hydro :)

I also like the oracling ability of NPCs...I always thought they should have been oracleable (if this is a word)...If inactives can be oracled I still cant see why these cannot be :)

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 05:49:48 AM »
lol Krysst, no one is asking for a hydro profit but a 70 million hydro loss (attack I just launched) and the plunder is 170K of hydro.      That's insane and obviously something I won't be able to sustain for long.    I'm still kinda regretting going for it but once I clicked the button there was no turning back.      God forbid it disappears before I get there or someone else gets there first.

Someone suggested starting to send hephs out to attack them.   That's just plain stupid.    A heph takes probably 8-24 hrs to send out depending how far.      I get beat to targets that are about an hour away.     Be realistic.

- edit those are Uni 2 times not X2, sorry I didn't notice where this thread was started in
aka Babe Ruthless

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 05:53:51 AM »
So the new loss of hydro only relates to you? Everyone else only spends 1 Mil hydro to hit the same NPC? C'mon, you are what, top 10? If you complain about losing 70M hydro, it's even worse for everyone other than maybe a couple players, TOPS. So if no one can spend that kind of hydro repeatedly, it is ACADEMIC that it will force a new strategy to take on NPCs.

Now, let's see, what tool already exists, that is designed to save hydro when attacking out of system. Hmmm, what could that be? A heph maybe? Well, I guess since everyone other than you has more hydro sitting around collecting dust, er, more hydro I guess, then yeah, while you are moving your heph, they are just launching their ships and beating you there. Seriously...you are a top player??
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 05:59:29 AM »
I'd love to pull a WGW and tell you what I really think of your ideas but I won't.     Suffice it to say we disagree but unless you have experience running a top account you don't really have much of a basis to say how one should be run.
aka Babe Ruthless

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 06:00:59 AM »
I've run a top 10 account. So why don't you debate the points instead of puffing out your chest and pretending you are above actual debate.

Again, it's a simple question. If the hydro hurts for you, what makes you think while you can't afford to launch out of system that so many others can.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:03:24 AM by Big S »

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2012, 06:12:34 AM »
Then stop making personal attacks and discuss the issue not the people who are making comments about it.

The issue is that there is now an extremely small amount of plunder available on the NPC and a number of people are stating that it needs to be changed again.     
aka Babe Ruthless

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2012, 06:14:07 AM »
Take your own advice, instead of dismissing the statement as "being stupid". You want to dish, but you can't take it coming back to you.

You want to just complain without giving it a chance to see how the game AND PLAYERS will adapt. I'm pointing out that the game can adapt. MANY have pointed out that hitting other players rarely gets compensated with hydro. And I'm simply adding to that observation that Hephs have been used for the purpose of minimizing the hydro costs of PvP play. Same will happen with NPCs after all the excess hydro has been bled off in the next few days.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:16:57 AM by Big S »

Offline Sam Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2012, 06:16:58 AM »
I'd love to pull a WGW and tell you what I really think of your ideas but I won't.     Suffice it to say we disagree but unless you have experience running a top account you don't really have much of a basis to say how one should be run.

I like it....
Other top players made comments when they were first introduced, and I think your reply was if you don't like it quit.

A top player will find it hard to spend 70million on hitting NPC's,  but think how much harder that is for the players not at the top.  So again the top players are at an advantage.

BFG have nurfed them too much, but in all seriousness they should have started with them this way and tweaked them up, but to late for that now.

Adapt or get out......

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2012, 06:28:18 AM »
What we are talking about is things like this

Encounter Abandoned Colossus Platform [1:198:12e] has:
RESOURCES:
* ore: 1,442,749 
* crystal: 1,455,808 
* hydrogen: 475,474 
================================
Total plunder: 1,687,015 (14 carm / 68 herc / 338 atlas)
DSP: 0 (0 Dios / 0 Zags)

SEEKERS'S SHIPS:

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 1,653,193
* Laser Cannon: 345,702
* Pulse Cannon: 43,298
* Particle Cannon: 30,081
* Gauss Cannon: 12,165
* Plasma Cannon: 7,255
* Decoy: 1
* Large Decoy: 1

TECHS:
* Armor Tech: 22
* Weapons Tech: 22
* Shield Tech: 22

What the hell is the point.......  I would not attack this with 1 billion on it.  I would need a straight jacket if I attacked it now.

Another fine example with ships....
Encounter Large Floating Colony [x:xxx:xxe] has:
RESOURCES:
* ore: 1,817,979 
* crystal: 1,251,262 
* hydrogen: 520,192 
================================
Total plunder: 1,794,716 (15 carm / 72 herc / 359 atlas)
DSP: 2,649,212 (36675 Dios / 146698 Zags)

URCATH'S SHIPS:
* Artemis Class Fighter: 14,012
* Atlas Class Cargo: 8,499
* Apollo Class Fighter: 19,263
* Zagreus Class Recycler: 2,130
* Hercules Class Cargo: 9,804
* Dionysus Class Recycler: 11,456
* Poseidon Class Cruiser: 10,305
* Carmanor Class Cargo: 6,783
* Athena Class Battleship: 8,157
* Ares Class Bomber: 9,987
* Hades Class Battleship: 653
* Prometheus Class Destroyer: 442
* Zeus Class: 2

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 134,329
* Laser Cannon: 29,899
* Pulse Cannon: 2,896
* Particle Cannon: 3,412
* Gauss Cannon: 775
* Plasma Cannon: 1,231
* Decoy: 1
* Large Decoy: 1

TECHS:
* Armor Tech: 18
* Weapons Tech: 18
* Shield Tech: 18

To hit this I send a small fleet of 30k Proms 30kAres 100kHades 100kAthena  Df will require 158,500 Zaggies.

Fleet fuel cost 71million  If I add a Carm to slow it a bit 49million Recycler fuel 39.3 million

So the whole point of the thread is they will be unhittable to players as they will not have the fuel.

To get the fuel you must transport res to your heph and merch it over.

So if one hit cost arouind 100 million in hydro merch on heph max 1 billion that would be ten hits.

I could possibly deal with that.  But I cannot possibly see how smaller players will manage.

I had a similar one book marked and yes in 5 hours I slept it has been hit, but it will not disappper and respawn because who wants to hit crap NPC's 3 times.  So we will have systems full of dead NPC because the players will no longer clear them.

I used to send my zeus out to clear and hit npc's it was profitable if the hit, bu cannot see the poit of wasting a fleet slot on the and 8 hour turn around.....

What is really bizarre I did not see players complaining about the NPC's that we had for the last two weeks, I had thought the change was good people were coming back to play even buying accounts and credits to play.

The game gad gotten EXTREME real quick we all were enjoying it more.

The is not much enjoyment about hitting an NPC that should reflect real players when if it was a real player he would at least have some fuel with his fleet.

The game is going to be a bit boring again flying my fleet around on my heph waitibng for an opportunity or some one to make a mistake so I could hit them was so tedious.

I have been on the game all hours over the last to weeks and have not mionded to much on missing some sleep.

Well I think whe n I go to work I might as well fleetr save everything no point to look for target through the day if they are so bad especially as my RSP only give me a few targets to hit.

If there is a club for the disappointed I'm in it...........
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2012, 06:34:41 AM »
Sue, I never told anyone to quit.        I have no plans to quit either and I will adapt as needed because I still like playing the game.     

Big S, I said stupid idea not stupid person.     There's a difference.       You attack the person not the idea.

aka Babe Ruthless