contact
December 06, 2019, 10:52:07 AM

Author Topic: New NPC's  (Read 9431 times)

Offline Big S

• View Profile
Re: New NPC's
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 03:10:06 AM »
And that's where you should know better. BFG has already changed the NPC spawn algorithm once without forewarning, or anything. That was several weeks ago. They have also changed the profitability maybe 5-6 times now, since then? So you are saying that despite BFG proving they are actively changing things almost daily, you felt that after your planet move, they should never change it again? It was foolish of you to buy a move expecting things to never change again when they have been doing nothing but changing it. You knew when you bought it, that it could and probably would change again. Unless you don't read the forums, which I know you do.
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2012, 03:16:26 AM »
So BIG S you are not one bit concerned by the amount of res out of NPCs?
How many live targets have you been able to hit in the last 2 months?
Because I know that most of the players that are around me or either I or in vmode most of the time.

Thats on all of my planets!
What I'm concerned about is that there is balance for all play styles. I can't tell whether they are currently balanced, but I've said all along that the profit should be in line with daily production, not 10x, and I guess also not 1/100th either. If they aren't at that level, including the debris, then sure, they should be increased a little. I'm also concerned about the statements made by BFG that NPCs are supposed to primarily benefit small and mid players, and players trying to rebuild from lost fleets. I'm certainly not concerned about the ultra-fat players with 100k proms complaining about not making another billion so they can keep their F12 pumping out ships over the next 24 hours.

Your uni may be dead, and if BFG only put these NPCs in unis that were on oxygen and an infusion pump, then I'd say, fine, have a few nice last days. But these changes are made for all unis, some more active than others. So balance is important.

Offline Despicableme

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 03:16:58 AM »
I agree with you that i knew things would change just not so drastic like it has. I mean from one extreme to another is crazy. How about a happy medium. Like i said to matt in the sfc addicts forums.. why not do a poll and see who wants it changed and who dont. You can send a msg in game and that way it is one vote per person and see what the results are
R.I.P Baby!!!

Offline SoulVenger

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2012, 03:19:13 AM »
I think its just the point they (BFG) tightened up the res output on NPC's so when they change from 10 times a normal output down to less than 1% plus have defense and ships that the forgoing mines would not support plus they give them techs that would make the top ten players go WTH!! I have not seen anyone in game with techs like 27 all AWS Now I could be wrong. They promised a bump in the res great lets see if they stand by their statement.

Offline General Anya

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2012, 03:22:28 AM »
The way I see it is...
You all are arguing with each other on here...
When there is nothing any of us can do to change any of the NPCs.
Why fight one another?
Why quit playing a game because there is too much or too little res?

You shouldnt at all.
IF you have a genuine love for the game you are going to play whether you like everything or not.
I sincerely hope that BFG makes changes to the NPCs especially in the hydro department.
So that if there is not an active player around I have something to hit.
But in the same token if there is an active player who has a fleet down that I can hit, beware if I do find it I am coming after it.

In all seriousness, I hope we get the genuine players back and kick the fakes to the curb.

Offline Despicableme

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 03:38:01 AM »
Well I can honest say when it come to genuine players .. I am the real deal. I may not be a top 10 player.. im ranked 169 overall, 55 for fleet count and that was not because of the over inflated NPC's either i was top 100 WAYYYY before these came into play, I have BUILT my account from the ground up and NOT BOUGHT it. I have put alot of time and energy into this account so im here to play and stay regardless of these NPC's but keep it fun. It has brought life back into a dying game dont take that away please. Consider what WE want for a change not what BFG decides to do!!
R.I.P Baby!!!

Offline russant

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 03:39:31 AM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but as for mine production I didn't care what was on there before. I wasn't going to send my hercs in just to get smashed. I took what my capital ships would carry and my dios could recover. Which usually was enough maybe a little more then the trip cost in Hydro. That's all I want. Don't put any ore or crystal on them fine, but please leave at least enough hydro for me to cover my trip. I can't attack these NPCs unless I can get around 20 million hydro.

Offline General Anya

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 03:44:46 AM »
Despicableme I believe you are a genuine player, but I also know a few people who have taken advantage of the NPCs as well..
Now I am all for gaining and building up heck I did it too with the npcs but most of them I attacked myself!
I lost ships!
It kinda ticks me off that I have been playing for two months straight and worked my butt off to get this account where its at.
Building it from nothing.
I did not buy my account, I had it given to me, and believe me it was in the crapper when I got it.
But yet someone can come out of vmode and be ranked 1500 and then go to passing me, and all of my hard work that I have done because they were able to group attack a staying target. Because people were handing them res left and right. In just a week??
That is not right!! By any means!
I started playing before the super npcs and i will continue to play after them.

Offline augy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 03:48:59 AM »
they dont have to have billions on them but it would be nice to make a profit on them, like it was before the super npc's showed up, i truly love the x2 uni, i will continue to plug along but it wont be nowhere near as fun and cant say that i wont go into vmode more often,because everyone around me has went into vmode or quit and nuking their d wouldnt be profitable with the res they have sitting

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 03:53:43 AM »
The way I see it is...
You all are arguing with each other on here...
When there is nothing any of us can do to change any of the NPCs.
Why fight one another?
Why quit playing a game because there is too much or too little res?

You shouldnt at all.
IF you have a genuine love for the game you are going to play whether you like everything or not.
I sincerely hope that BFG makes changes to the NPCs especially in the hydro department.
So that if there is not an active player around I have something to hit.
But in the same token if there is an active player who has a fleet down that I can hit, beware if I do find it I am coming after it.

In all seriousness, I hope we get the genuine players back and kick the fakes to the curb.
Ok, but..... we have to be honest here. New players don't join old unis. They just don't. I'm critical of BFG, everyone here knows that, but I will applaud them for trying to create a system in Nova that could attract new players to a game that has been running for years, through some of the protection systems. But that is sort of a tangent. Point is, players don't join old unis.

I played this game before NPCs existed and I had a ton more fun before NPCs existed than after when I came back to play Nova. NPCs may help revive some of the long-gone "good times" in a dying uni, and if all this stuff was confined to just uni2 and X2, then I wouldn't be saying anything. But since they started in the newest non-dead uni, and trickled down, it's clear they want one NPC system that applies to all unis. Therefore I think it is worth "fighting" about to get it right. Again, if the mega NPCs was nothing more than a life support that was kicked into the old unis, I'm not going to try to tell you what uni2 is like, how boring or exciting, or whatever. I wouldn't really care.

I will say that in Nova, from the beginning, NPCs were over-done (several causes which I won't go into here). It lead to months of grinding NPCs to keep up on the leader boards. It killed PvP play for the most part. And those who had fun grinding NPCs were bored to tears after a couple months of grinding their way up the RSP ladder. So I can say, there's a long term downside to over-done NPCs, even for those that have fun with them.

Me, I liked the old SFC, and I like it less with each new change. There have been some improvements, but mostly things that make it worse. But I won't play another uni that has the NPCs like they were, as of yesterday.

Honestly though, if you like the PvP interaction the most, why not join a new uni? Does it really matter if you are smashing 10 Apollos with 5 Athena, or does it have to be some really biiiiig number of ships for it to be fun? Smashing is smashing, and new unis always have lots more targets, more things to build, more stuff to do on a daily basis. Instead of waiting for all the new players to come to you, go to where the new players are, which is the younger unis. It's something to think about... instead of worrying about what the next life-support feature needs to be done to alleviate the current boredom.

Offline General Anya

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 04:01:39 AM »
Honestly I wouldnt join nova for the simple fact that it seems like a plot for money.
I agree there should be limits on vmode...
But having to pay credits to enable it?
I mean if I had a real life situation that i couldnt deal with ... In order to protect my hard work I would have to put money into the game?

I dont like the idea of being forced to do it.
And if it came to HAVING to pay for this game, I probably wouldnt.

I could spend my money in better places, especially in this economy.

Why come up with a bunch of different unis anyways?
Why not create one big uni and everyone be in it?
Make improvements?

It doesnt make sense to have 5 unis with each a different style...

If no one is interested in the old unis, why not just update them?
You could recruit users in just the same, with changes.

Offline Qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 04:07:42 AM »
Ok, but..... we have to be honest here. New players don't join old unis. They just don't. I'm critical of BFG, everyone here knows that, but I will applaud them for trying to create a system in Nova that could attract new players to a game that has been running for years, through some of the protection systems. But that is sort of a tangent. Point is, players don't join old unis. 
I'm a new player started x2 literally 2 days ago... should I quit?

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2012, 04:10:13 AM »
I'm a new player started x2 literally 2 days ago... should I quit?
Let's not be pedantic. You know that one player starting doesn't offset the 5 that just quit. Net growth of any old uni is negative. That's a fact. Feel free to track the numbers in x2 over the next few weeks and prove me wrong.

Offline Qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2012, 04:15:00 AM »
I do have to admit that the fact that there's less than 1800 players shocked me. Also alot of players just drop into (v) and never return... Guess one thing the NPCs did was wake up those perma v-moders

Offline russant

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 04:19:53 AM »
Hey BFG their is a reason why smart players don't hit Seekers. NO PROFIT!!