contact
September 16, 2019, 12:29:04 AM

Author Topic: Tournament Season One End Date - Season Two Preliminary Rules  (Read 16806 times)

Offline Chekkin

• View Profile
Re: Tournament Season One End Date - Season Two Preliminary Rules
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2012, 11:57:18 PM »
I could write an essay on p mode. I used to send my fleet on month long fleetsaves and log in once a week. If bfg released a 1 hour, 8 hour, 24 hour, 30 day fleetsave thing then we could do away with p mode. As somebody said there has to be a way to fleetsave for long periods of time, p mode is all we have, and we dont want d or v mode hell anymore.

In a uni with moons you could always watch for a moon to light up to see if you are being watched. You could build a moon to be able to attack in peace. Top ranked players hve been known not to hunt, but to be only oracle hunters. They pre on the smallest targets even. They would come online and oracle every starred planet within 10-20 systems of their planet until a target showed up. Build a moon and the group defend strategy comes back again...

Ach, no use I think. Will see wat happens in the tourney.
Broseidon, bropollo, brometheus...

On the first day god created bros. On the second day god created hos.

Grace

« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »
I could write an essay on p mode. I used to send my fleet on month long fleetsaves and log in once a week. If bfg released a 1 hour, 8 hour, 24 hour, 30 day fleetsave thing then we could do away with p mode. As somebody said there has to be a way to fleetsave for long periods of time, p mode is all we have, and we dont want d or v mode hell anymore.

In a uni with moons you could always watch for a moon to light up to see if you are being watched. You could build a moon to be able to attack in peace. Top ranked players hve been known not to hunt, but to be only oracle hunters. They pre on the smallest targets even. They would come online and oracle every starred planet within 10-20 systems of their planet until a target showed up. Build a moon and the group defend strategy comes back again...

Fleetsaving isn't an issue with p-mode. You can harvest for any amount of time that you could be in pmode for.

What is the difference between watching a planet light up for activity and watching a moon lighting up? None in terms of knowing you are being scanned, however, with the new element, you can now probe to check lit up player and compare to your own - see what they can see. We were unable to do that with only oracle scans from moons. Might not make much difference if player is bigger than you, granted, but what difference did it make when the scan was coming from a moon? Also player scanning you will be unable to see any incoming group defends. This makes it more risky locking you if you are near anyone who can group defend. You will have the luxury of knowing exactly what is coming at you and exactly what time it lands. Depending on the gap between your techs, person locking you might only be able to see how many ships you have and not what they are... and not even exactly what time they are landing.

I know one thing for sure is that I wont waste time and hydro locking someone with an unknown margin of time that could be anything up to a minute. Anything over a couple of seconds and the lock can be beaten. Keep your techs high enough and the time accuracy factor will be your friend

Offline Jezebel

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »

where do you get your "facts" from? many of the top ranked players hunt very actively and rarely use oracle locks for kills. personally i have only made 1 oracle lock through the whole of this season. also most top ranked players are big fleet hunters and have no interest in picking off little newbie fleets. we want food so we don't want to kill little guys off so that they leave. we prefer them to build up a bit of skill and a lot of ships. there is no fun in picking on the little guy.

sounds to me like you are making excuses in advance for your future failures.

Offline Hamrock

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2012, 09:06:25 PM »
That isn't always the case Jezebel, I scan lots of bigger players hitting scraps and their response is dsp is dsp... I have even been hit once in a while for sats and some cargos... response, don't leave stuff laying around... but in reality they lost more than I did. I don't care, but your point isn't true.

Offline Jezebel

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2012, 10:59:27 AM »
some of them perhaps, but not that many. my point is true. i know a lot of the high ranked players pretty well and they would not be interested in picking off sats and cargoes. i would be interested to know who it is you have seen hitting for scraps.

Offline Chekkin

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »
How about I state another truth. Top ranked players have been known not to hunt, but to farm the entire game. Does this statement also offend you? It is also true, and has the same sentence structure.

I keep on deleting long winded replies that mean nothing to the conversation. The tech is bad for the game, it will be changed or nerfed early. That's all I can say, BFG will have to err on the side of caution saying 5+ levels are required to get exact timing if they don't want to absolutely destroy some players.

Grace

« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2012, 06:56:14 PM »
Rank difference is relative in this game so you'll have to be more specific with numbers. What is your rank and what is the rank of those you say hit you? Also if you could specify which uni you are referring to?, as the dynamics are slightly different in each uni.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:57:57 PM by Grace »

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2012, 07:38:17 PM »
fleet slot usage. i keep slots active. a small fleet is better than a 55-155 atlas (i) hit. even with those slow dions taking a second slot.

Offline Hamrock

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
In the attack from Atom's Doom Buggy ‎‎[] on THE FINISHER ‎‎[]:

The attacking side acquired 135,906 ore, 38,817 crystal, and 32,516 hydrogen.

HAMROCK (DEFENDER) lost 958 RSP and gained 0 DSP. (more)
Atom Ant (ATTACKER) lost 0 RSP and gained 492 DSP. (more)

70,800 ore and 73,800 crystal are now floating at this location.

This is the type of meager crap to which I refer. I am ranking in the 130's.... he is 15.

Offline Jezebel

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »
he is an angry child who has no class. i did say most of the top players, not all of them.

try hitting him back, if you like amusing hate mail! ;)

Offline Chekkin

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2012, 10:43:59 PM »
And I didn't say all top players if that's what you were on about. Some mine, some hunt, some exclusively hunt using scans and hit npcs otherwise, some hit only npcs. I'll be at the front of the pack engaging in battle vs whatever I can find. This new tool will make hunting extremely easy. I'll wait and see how the tech works though before complaining anymore.

Offline penniless

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:15 PM »
Jezebel +1  Mr. Ant definitely has major rage issues.

the other side of the coin is that maybe the two of you got into it and the bigger player exercised his dominance to make a point......whatever that point may be. I don't see any ship counts can't really discuss profit...though i doubt there was any.

Universe contains all kinds.

To Recruit Addicts: First you HOOK new players with the FUN, then you INCREASE the COST of maintaining the BUZZ.

Offline r miller

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »
seems a bit silly to me, remove moons, then give back one of the things about moons, but not all. the thing i like about moons is the warp gates.

at least new building wont show deploys, we can i guess move fleet from planet to planet by overnight deploy to hunt new area.

ah, well, guess just have to try it out and see how things go :)

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »
i can't remember the last time i oracled anybody.
2 of my warp gates get used 6-7 times a day.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »
Here is the spreadsheet for Season 2. Still subject to change, but should be complete: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArVQcVjTNdUCdFJ4WERZUmpSeldkSVFQYzJhWndTTHc
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook