contact
April 01, 2020, 05:04:24 PM

Author Topic: new dion type ship.  (Read 1478 times)

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
new dion type ship.
« on: October 14, 2012, 01:51:59 PM »
so is there plans for a dion type ship to match up with the carmanor?

atlas = zag
herc = dion
carm = ???

Offline The Blood King

• View Profile
Re: new dion type ship.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:23:07 PM »
I don't always release new ships into the unis, but when I do it will be in a new game...stay ship less my friends.

Morat

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
I'd guess the answer would be no. Can you see anyone using a ship slower than a Dio? Coz, to be consistent, it'd have to be slower if it carried more. Be good for FRS, I guess.

Of course... there's always the Super-Dio at a measly 2,500 credits a pop. 10x the cargo and double the speed of a regular Dio.

Hm. Who wants to have a bet on when purchase-only ships become available?

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 03:48:30 PM »
Morat said: Hm. Who wants to have a bet on when purchase-only ships become available?

I dont see that as a possibility. That would be the first time BFG made a insurmountable mistake, IMO

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 06:01:27 PM »
I dont see that as a possibility.

LOL.  Whatís a Shadow Probe, then?

Dios travel a little faster than Thanatos, unless you've not kept up Jet Drive with Warp (in which case Dios could be slightly slower). Since itís possible to attack NPCs with Zeus, and make a profit that mostly comes from debris, I think that would now be a use for a Zeus-speed recycler.  It would also make it easier/more likely for people to do in-system fleet saves as they wouldn't have to build a whole Zeus to do it.  (When I argued on the SDE forum in favor of what would become the Thanatos, I had hoped it would fill this role, but they made the base speed about twice as high as they should have.)

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »
Well, defense against a Shadow probe is basically to just not get lazy. If you are AFK, even for a while, yer junk should be in the air to avoid getting hit. As an example, if I have diarrhea and will be on the throne for more than 20 minutes, up goes my ingame crap whilst my other crap is being flushed. So while a shadow probe can reveal how much crap ya got, without you being aware of the probe, it doesnt do much if ya keep yourself safe when away.
The ability to buy specialty ships though, would purely be an advantage to the purchaser only. Those that choose to play without cash expenditure would have no defense against it. I speak as one who freely spends disposable (but small) amounts of cash to enhance my gameplay. But anything I purchase can be had without cash outlay, it just takes longer, or in the case of a shadow probe, a reliance on winning one in the daily token spin. ( I have won 3 of them, not good, I know; but I still have 2 of them since I dont care if someone knows I probed them)

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 08:07:20 PM »
All right, admittedly Shadow Probes (and Genesis Sats) are not solely purchase-only, but they can be purchased and they certainly cannot be built, so to my mind the time when essentially purchase-only ships become available has already passed.  How you might defend against them is irrelevant.

Name of Ship: Silenus Class Recycler
Description: The Silenus is used for collecting debris left behind in battle. It is slower than the Dionysus, but has a larger cargo capacity and uses less fuel. Send these on a harvest mission and you can collect the resources that float in debris fields around planets after battles.
Construction Cost: 20,000 Ore, 12,000 Crystal, 4,000 Hydro

Hull Integrity: 3,200
Weapon Power: 1
Shield Power: 20

Rapid-fire Capability: Charon/Hermes/Shadow/Helios/Genesis: 5
Rapid-fire Vulnerability: Zeus: 125; Thanatos: 25

Cargo Capacity: 80,000
Fuel Consumption: 200
Base Speed: 400
Engine Type: Jet

Building and Research Requirements: Shipyard 8, Jet 12, Particle 6

Offline Big S

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 06:02:37 AM »
As an example, if I have diarrhea and will be on the throne for more than 20 minutes, up goes my ingame crap whilst my other crap is being flushed.
No smart phone? Even that e-reader you will need for that special trip to the throne has a browser ;-).
Quote from: \"Evan Woodard\"
I\'m pretty sure that\'s just D-baggery.

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 06:22:08 AM »
eat more fiber, prunes maybe. they'll help you go boom boom. 20+ mins on the crapper cant be good for you.  8)

Grace

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »
so is there plans for a dion type ship to match up with the carmanor?

atlas = zag
herc = dion
carm = ???

Actually, that is a good idea and a logic next step. Some wont use it as will see it as too slow. Some wont use Zags as they don't pick up enough. everyone has their own preference depending on their needs. I would certainly build a few higher capacity recyclers. I wouldn't use them in a hot-bed area, but they might be good for harvesting in pmode zones or baron lands. Good for fleetsaving, too.

Ali Baba

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 04:05:55 PM »
All right, admittedly Shadow Probes (and Genesis Sats) are not solely purchase-only, but they can be purchased and they certainly cannot be built, so to my mind the time when essentially purchase-only ships become available has already passed.  How you might defend against them is irrelevant.

Name of Ship: Silenus Class Recycler
Description: The Silenus is used for collecting debris left behind in battle. It is slower than the Dionysus, but has a larger cargo capacity and uses less fuel. Send these on a harvest mission and you can collect the resources that float in debris fields around planets after battles.
Construction Cost: 20,000 Ore, 12,000 Crystal, 4,000 Hydro

Hull Integrity: 3,200
Weapon Power: 1
Shield Power: 20

Rapid-fire Capability: Charon/Hermes/Shadow/Helios/Genesis: 5
Rapid-fire Vulnerability: Zeus: 125; Thanatos: 25

Cargo Capacity: 80,000
Fuel Consumption: 200
Base Speed: 400
Engine Type: Jet

Building and Research Requirements: Shipyard 8, Jet 12, Particle 6

I love this idea its well put together. i say but up there Rapid-fire Vulnerability and you have a winner!!

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 09:08:13 PM »
up there Rapid-fire Vulnerability and you have a winner!!

Thanks, I just tried to make everything, including RF vulnerability, as straightforward an extrapolation as I could.  I've already said in another recent thread that Rapid-fire is not that important, although I'll repeat my offer to calculate battles with suggested rule changes, including new ship types.

Morat

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
The Dio and Zag both have limited RF vulnerability, so the Silenus is consistent with that.

That's a nice ship design :)

birthmark-ant