contact
June 02, 2020, 01:29:01 PM

Author Topic: The most unbalanced uni ever  (Read 8972 times)

Offline Ether

• View Profile
Re: The most unbalanced uni ever
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 05:42:38 PM »
Sfc is all about the money you spend and yes, you can buy the tournament. A tournament should be an all out free for all with nothing to buy to enhance your game but it will never be that. Bfg is not interested in that. They do nothing for the players enjoyment unless it keeps them spending $$. The sooner you get that figured out, the sooner you quit and find something better to do with your time, or you stop griping about it. Nothing will change in the game except for a profit...ever.
and I'm sorry but...just enjoy the game and don't worry about winning!? That's like keeping your penis in a jar...you still own it but using it just isn't the same.

Offline penniless

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 08:54:16 PM »
like the penis jar bit.   :o

The presumption of second is a bit premature. with no moons, warp gates the top players will have to hunt to keep the lead.  So when the hunting really starts i am sure there will be some changes.

The funny thing about racing to the top of the mountain is that once you get there and look down you realize you will not stay on top forever.  Then it becomes a game of who was on top last.

Money isn't the only indicator of success in this game. It merely amplifies a players dedication to the game.

Happy Hunting  ;)
To Recruit Addicts: First you HOOK new players with the FUN, then you INCREASE the COST of maintaining the BUZZ.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 10:12:06 PM »
like the penis jar bit.   :o

The presumption of second is a bit premature. with no moons, warp gates the top players will have to hunt to keep the lead.  So when the hunting really starts i am sure there will be some changes.

The funny thing about racing to the top of the mountain is that once you get there and look down you realize you will not stay on top forever.  Then it becomes a game of who was on top last.

Money isn't the only indicator of success in this game. It merely amplifies a players dedication to the game.

Happy Hunting  ;)

I prefer the saying, when you're at the top, you realize the only direction you can go is down.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline LunarAvenger

• Your flesh shall be sutured into the orthodoxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »
Reminds me of the time when you could buy tokens... the beginning of nova. So a certain player bought a lot of them, instant resources in the time before quests... so glad that "Bug" quit after awhile.
I'm Ancient
Disciple of the ZPM, occe Leader of the Empire, and designer of various ships that were added.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 03:01:58 PM »
rofl...just checking things out..the number one player has over 40 times the resources spent of a rank 75 player...great job bfg!...good to see you made it a real tournament!
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 03:14:36 PM »
Users made similar complaints in season on which were all for naught as someone else won the tournament. Maybe you should spend more time playing instead of watching the leaderboard this early in the season?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 03:35:56 PM »
 ;D   in season one it was never that bad....and those people actually quit playing when they got bored...personally i think its funny as hell...hope you made enough off of him to offset the losses you are gonna take when everyone else gives up...4 top paying players that i know of have left the game in the last week...or given away their accounts
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Jezebel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 04:24:57 PM »
well...i left....but not because of the issues with #1 predominantly. yes, i find it a bit annoying but to me that just makes him a fun challenge with a big target on his back. money can't buy skill ;)

i left because of the NPCs. this is a tournament and i have no interest in farming. when it gets to a point where NPCs are not an option but a necessity if you want to retain a decent rank then i know it is not the game for me.

it takes no skill to attack a non moving target and remove a fat pile of res from it. doing that all day is actually enough to keep you in the top 10 should you so desire.  for me, that is neither exciting or fun and is not worth me wasting half my day on.

hopefully next season they will limit the NPCs so they cannot be hit once you reach the 250k cap. then we might get a decent fight and a lot less farming and i can come back :)

VAnna

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »
Left too ... pretty much because #1 has purchased soo much, that many players stopped playing early on ..
Iam sure people can catch him, even though he's far ahead - but the lack of players because of his sillyness, thats a huge reason to simply pack up and leave. ( which in turn makes it a bit harder to catch him i guess ) :D

Too much dsp pushing too, it seems - but i guess that is to be expected when people quit and ignore the rules.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 07:03:33 PM by VAnna »

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »
 8)  i was playing myself, but got careless and lost my fleet to mr c...now most know i dont really care about that, but when the number one player can take a top 10 fleet with no losses, thats just stupid...
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline AlanPrit

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »
...this is a tournament and i have no interest in farming. when it gets to a point where NPCs are not an option but a necessity if you want to retain a decent rank then i know it is not the game for me.
it takes no skill to attack a non moving target and remove a fat pile of res from it. doing that all day is actually enough to keep you in the top 10 should you so desire.  for me, that is neither exciting or fun and is not worth me wasting half my day on.

Realllllllly sad to see you leave this season, Jezebel. You have always been one of the true hunters and someone up to whom I look. VAnna and Ken will be missed along with any other players that are conceding.

I disagree with the current NPC mechanics, there not being a subdivision of some sort based on on credits spent, and with the over-sized universe. I will still play, though.

I personally don't care much about "overall" rank. I don't even really care about the DSP ranking. I enjoy the thrill of the kill.
Since you need a goal of some sort to declare a winner, I would be happy with a purely DSP driven tournament uni. That is how I have chosen to evaluate the tournament/s. Jezebel, if I may call her that, was doing quite well in my book.

Having a strong infrastructure, techs, and fleet are required to take out some of the targets. I would argue that points for things you need anyway are redundant.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 10:45:14 PM »
i still am playing...just that i wont bother building a fleet ...there are so few players left that its really not worth the bother in a 6 month uni....gonna see what i can get my mines up to though

191,051 ore per hour
 67,666 crystal per hour
 36,422 hydrogen per hour
 Total: 394,887 converted resources per hour

4,585,240 ore per day
 1,623,986 crystal per day
 874,147 hydrogen per day
 Total: 9,477,308 converted resources per day
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline AlanPrit

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 03:42:08 PM »
I am glad someone is sticking around. It is starting to look like a ghost town already.

It is really a sign that things are unbalanced when top tier players refuse to even try.
As I made that statement, I remembered who VAnna was in the Tourney.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »
I am glad someone is sticking around. It is starting to look like a ghost town already.

It is really a sign that things are unbalanced when top tier players refuse to even try.
As I made that statement, I remembered who VAnna was in the Tourney.

Top tier is a relative term. Players will play. What would be the most impressive feat to see, is someone catch Commander C. It is happening right now as we speak, it just takes persistence and determination. If you're not willing to farm NPC's until your eyes bleed to put yourself ahead of the curve, you're going to fall back a bit. Personally I don't mind it. I get my hits on people, and on NPC's, and it doesn't bother me one bit that a player is 10 times my size right now :D

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 11:49:58 PM »
if it was only getting commander c - it would be an easy feat to do - but its very early in the game still  -and many people have already stopped playing ... that by itself is the problem ( as i see it )

well, the other part - is the stupid people - but there are always those around - had hoped it would be them quitting early on - but it seems the good ones quit early this time around ;)

I'm still here, and I'm pretty amazing at this game, so your statement that the "good ones" quit early this time around is more self serving than anything. Truth is, you aren't/weren't resilient enough to compete in this tournament. The way it is designed is going to burn a lot of players out, very quickly. You've got to have some pretty thick skin to stick around in this tournament.

To put it in perspective, this tournament seems designed more for the Unimat0/Starwars types of SFCO, not big on the DSP initially, but heavy on the infrastructure, if you get what I'm saying about that.

This universe most definitely is not suited for the all out, "I don't care about mines and research" kind of fleeters lol.