contact
August 13, 2020, 01:41:56 PM

Author Topic: NPC's have been seriously nerfed - IMHO  (Read 41704 times)

Offline WGW

• View Profile
Re: NPC's have been seriously nerfed - IMHO
« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2012, 08:05:23 PM »
I think the weeks since the last maintenance when they "didn't change them" has been long enough. If this were related to an influx of new players .....

1. They would not have vanished overnight. their vanishing act was in direct relation to the amount of time that NPC's expire, and that occurred in direct relation to the maintenance. Ie .. maintenance + x hours = vanishing time

2. To have the effect as noted in #1, then thousands of players would have had to join the game immediately following maintenance, and since BFG rarely if ever spends a dime recruiting players ......

It doesn't add up man. What DOES add up is that they changed the code during maintenance, and that the spawning rates and ratios took effect immediately afterward. The NPC that were already in the game were wither killed or expired by their clocks, and the new code was not, and is not, respawning them.

We have the crime, we have the witnesses, we have the evidence. All we are missing is the all too elusive confession from.....

B ecause we
F ooked up the
G ame
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:08:12 PM by WGW »

“And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found”

Offline farsan300

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2012, 08:37:29 PM »
I have been playing this game for a few years now and i have never heard so much whining about BFG. In case you have missed it, in the terms of agreement, BFG reserve the right to make any changes they want. And by continuing to play the game you accept those changes. So stop your whining and bitching and keep on playing.

Blue Frog Gaming, Inc. (“Company,” “we,” “us”) provides the Starfleet Commander game and related services (collectively, the “Game”) subject to and conditioned upon your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (the “Agreement”).  This Agreement governs the relationship between Company and you, the Game player (“you”), with respect to your use of the Game and contains limitations on your right to use the Game.  It is important that you read carefully and understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement.  BY USING THE GAME, YOU AGREE TO THE USE LIMITATIONS IN THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.  IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT USE THE GAME.

We reserve the right at any time to:

Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
    Change the Game, including discontinuing any aspect of the Game; or
    Change any fees or charges for use of the Game.

Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by any means, including by posting on the Game interface or email.  Your continued use of the Game following such changes will be deemed acceptance of such changes.  Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement.

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »
Hey .. maybe before you go randomly quoting rules from your awkwardly perched soapbox ..... you oughta read what you post.  Nothing more irritating than somebody that goes and copies a large section of text without reading it, but since you insist on being a sphincter .. let me point out to you what you posted ..

"Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by any means, including by posting on the Game interface or email.  Your continued use of the Game following such changes will be deemed acceptance of such changes.  "  You DO get that right? UPON NOTICE. I thought you would. And since you are so keen on taking such a white throne, let me point out to you that WE ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS -- you do get that too right? That means if I don't like something a company I am hiring is doing, I can either voice my discontent, or join you in the hubbled spineless masses. 

Well . I chose to voice my thoughts, and if you don't like it .. don't read it. But before you repost more gibberish, READ it first .....   :P

“And he who wields white, wild magic gold is a paradox. For he is everything and nothing. Hero and fool. Potent, helpless. And with one word of truth or treachery, He will save or damn the earth. Because he is mad and sane. Cold and passionate, Lost and found”

Offline Motorhead

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 16, 2012, 09:10:15 PM »
WGW, i dont find much NPCs to hit anymore either, so i em focusing more on active players, just like Lazoputs.
But i fear that it is the NPC code that BFG made that is not working as intended and that they are working on it now.
Why they dont say anything, i have no idea.

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2012, 09:19:07 PM »
Exactly motorhead. I mean say SOMETHING, don't just deny it once and act like it will go away.  If they wanna kill em, then go kill em. If they wanna keep em, fix am and make em fair is all I am saying. But pick a path, and let us know.

Offline farsan300

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »
Hey .. maybe before you go randomly quoting rules from your awkwardly perched soapbox ..... you oughta read what you post.  Nothing more irritating than somebody that goes and copies a large section of text without reading it, but since you insist on being a sphincter .. let me point out to you what you posted ..

"Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by any means, including by posting on the Game interface or email.  Your continued use of the Game following such changes will be deemed acceptance of such changes.  "  You DO get that right? UPON NOTICE. I thought you would. And since you are so keen on taking such a white throne, let me point out to you that WE ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS -- you do get that too right? That means if I don't like something a company I am hiring is doing, I can either voice my discontent, or join you in the hubbled spineless masses. 

Well . I chose to voice my thoughts, and if you don't like it .. don't read it. But before you repost more gibberish, READ it first .....   :P
Oh yes that is my calling in life is to misquote rules and regulations from my awkwardly perched soapbox and to irritate the hell out of you with my misguided quotes. it appears that you have a reading problem too. As you pointed out, you said that BFG did not give any noticed of changes but they did give notice. BFG said that they were going to do a schedule maintenance. That is a notice as per their terms of use. What BFG does during that time is company business. As for being a customer, the customer isn't always right. You did not hire the company, you are using and paying for a product that the company is producing. There is a difference. And as you said you are voicing your discontent and i voicing mine about the whining and bitching.  :P

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2012, 04:16:54 AM »
@wgw. i have never heard of anyone ever being called a sphincter before. Now; ya justa love that

Offline Coolloser

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2012, 05:20:47 AM »
@wgw. i have never heard of anyone ever being called a sphincter before. Now; ya justa love that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMDs8MEktHE

Moons Created: 1071
Moons Owned: 51
Most Zeese Killed in One Shot: 100

UniX1; Retired TeaBaggger
Uni2X; Revolution: Just Cools

Offline WGW

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »
lol. It seems that any reply I make to him is a violation of some rule .. lol. So those that know me......

<Insert WGW type comment here> - Use your imagination - I did  :P

Offline the enforcer

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2012, 01:07:09 PM »
sounds like he is matt h using a new account instead of his main account to insult you wgw.

they have terrible customer relations at bfg.

Offline Keyper

• A Member Of The Based Ωn Alliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2012, 12:53:16 PM »
It is true, Matt needs to for his customers sake (us) come clean and explain what happened in the last Update.

Usually after an update we get a description of the improvements, but oddly enough not this time.
Its no good using the company line, i for one would respect the guy more if honesty came through, even if its bad or not.

Everyone around my ranking has slowed, so its not just the odd player who has noticed no NPC's to hit. So something has gone wrong, so lets get it fixed and explain to us what has happened
------------------------------------
Retired from political game play.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »
@Keyper, you use the term "slowed" in a very amusing (not) fashion. I do multiple daily searches of 1400 systems looking vainly for npc targets. First search today netted one, about 85 systems away from my nearest planet and already discovered by someone else much closer capable of hitting it. This has resulted in my continued smashing of any ships I find in the air, which in my mind is seriously detrimental to the survival rate of the player base.
But what is the alternative(s) for me? Sit helplessly by with nothing to do? Give up the game and move on?
BTW, I have it on good authority (hahaahahhahahaah) that the npcs are working as designed and nothing has been changed.

Offline NO ONE

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »
lets see if i can get banned again lol
bfg is not fixing the problem couse they are killing all the old games to make a room for a new one coming out soon
i will use up the few credits left and after go slowly i and never again play bfg again
Sorry NO ONE, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
Your posting privileges have been suspended for violation of the forum rules.
This ban is set to expire December 29, 2012, 07:45:49 PM.

Offline Keyper

• A Member Of The Based Ωn Alliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »
@lazoputz

lol ok virtually stopped
------------------------------------
Retired from political game play.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
We've addressed NPC concerns on a number of occasions on this forum, in support tickets, and in Skype, and this will likely be our final comment on the rehashing of these specific issues.

Responding to issues raised:

Blue Frog Gaming is just trying to kill their 'old games'.

This claim is simply ridiculous. While our company does have some iOS and Android apps, Starfleet Commander and Stardrift Empires are the lifeblood of our Company. Without Starfleet Commander or Stardrift Empires we don't have jobs. We makes games we love and we love Starfleet Commander and Stardrift Emprires. Letting them die would be a very painful decision for us and something we hope that we don't have to do for many years.

There are no NPCs for me to hit or Blue Frog Gaming changed how many NPCs are spawning.

NPCs spawn at the rate of (15 * No. Galaxies) up to a Universe cap of 5,000 (except in the Tournament, where the spawn rate is doubled due to the larger systems). This rate has been constant since NPCs were introduced. However, prior to dynamic NPCs, it was always 15 NPCs spawning in each galaxy per hour. Now the NPCs are allocated based on the populations of each galaxy. This means that a Universe like X2 sees 135 new NPCs spawn every hour. And those NPCs spawn, and have spawned since an error which created a selection bias towards Galaxy 1 was fixed some time agin, according to the current galaxy densities. So for X2, you'll see roughly 17% of the NPCs spawn in each G1, G3, and G4, 18% of the NPCs spawn in G2, 9% of the NPCs spawn in G5, 6% of the NPCs spawn in each G6, G7, and G9, and 4% of the NPCs spawn in G8. So if you're in Galaxies 5 through 9, you're seeing less NPCs than you did before dynamic NPCs. However, if you're in Galaxies 1-4, you're seeing more now thanks to dynamic NPCs.

Blue Frog Gaming is penalizing me for being a good player.

NPCs are designed to assist players through the early and mid portions of the game. NPCs are intended to provide early and mid game players with bountiful targets so that they have a chance at reaching the size of end game players. And NPCs are intended to mimic the size distribution among actual players.

For example, in X2 only 2% of the players in the game have over 100,000,000RSP. Accordingly, only about 2% of the NPCs spawning should be larger than 100,000,000RSP (And only .13% over 500,000,000 RSP). Should a number of new players create accounts, which is common near the holidays for us, then that percentage will fall further. So while I understand you feel that you're being penalized, it's really just part of the inherit design of the game. NPCs aren't meant to provide for continued runaway exponential growth for the top ranked players. They're meant to accelerate the growth of small and mid sized players (where a majority of the NPCs will spawn) so that they can have a chance to hunt the larger player. Players at the top of the leader board can essentially hunt every player in the game because they have they have a larger fleet and higher techs, but the converse is obviously not true.

WGW's recent post actually illistrates that the NPCs are working as designed as his initial growth in X2 has been extremely accelerated, while his growth in SFCO has slowed as he's gone far past the median player size.

Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook