contact
May 31, 2020, 12:47:58 PM

Author Topic: How much longer will the pain go on.  (Read 3752 times)

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
How much longer will the pain go on.
« on: January 17, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »
I like to finish what I started but we are now down to 700 players, guessing half of them are (i) some will of course be multi's - the ones left (maybe a couple of hundred) probably know how to play the game, so we are left with a war of boredom - just finding targets that are more bored than yourself and have given up.

The bit that tickles me it will be remembered for Grace's Sat's and not who finishes as top dog, it's been fun but I have had a better offer to watch paint dry.

Hugs and kisses
 8) 8)
T
oxo = beef stock.          xXx = Laughing stock.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
Re: How much longer will the pain go on.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 09:19:52 PM »
Oh Grace's sats :'(

I'm going to go probe her for old times sake.
Profit=Growth=Advancement=Good

Offline Commander C

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 04:23:45 AM »
I would just like to say that if i didn't take 18 days off from the game for the Christmas holidays I would still be ahead of brian. One can fall far behind in that much lost time. I most likely won't be able to get ahead of him again.
Cheers

Grace

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »
Loye, why 'grace's sats' rather than 'BCs sat bashing'?

I don't mean to nit-pick, but spin is important:)

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 01:46:27 PM »
I would just like to say that if i didn't take 18 days off from the game for the Christmas holidays I would still be ahead of brian. One can fall far behind in that much lost time. I most likely won't be able to get ahead of him again.
Cheers

You've had quite the push lately though, I figured Cz would be my only competition after I picked up nearly 1.3M of a lead on you, but whoever you hit yesterday really caught you up to me fast. Luckily I had 4 Crystal 30's, an F4, and an F8 finish in the last 12 hours to keep my distance from you.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 01:48:57 PM »
Loye, why 'grace's sats' rather than 'BCs sat bashing'?

I don't mean to nit-pick, but spin is important:)

Because BC doesn't sat bash, BC goes after resources and ships, and your G2 fleet when you are sleeping, because you don't know how to build defenses to protect yourself while you are offline :)

And the reason we'll remember your sats and not my "bashing", aside from the fact that just about everyone here agreed that it wasn't bashing because there were resources and ships I went after, is primarily because you threw such a temper tantrum across multiple sections of this forum crying about a player going after your sats, when he went for your ships and resources first.

Grace

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 02:05:39 PM »
Because BC doesn' sat bash, he just likes to bash sats, which isn't sat bashing at all, and everyone on the forum agrees with my view whether they do or don't :P

Gonna miss you, sweety, and I would be amazed if you produced a battle report that showed you hitting any of my planets that had anything on them other than sats and ship builds. I think your max was a few hades that I threw in the oven before I went to bed.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 02:15:04 PM »
Because BC doesn' sat bash, he just likes to bash sats, which isn't sat bashing at all, and everyone on the forum agrees with my view whether they do or don't :P

Gonna miss you, sweety, and I would be amazed if you produced a battle report that showed you hitting any of my planets that had anything on them other than sats and ship builds. I think your max was a few hades that I threw in the oven before I went to bed.

Well, you are lucky because Riker cleaned up out alliance board of all of the Star Wars threads or I'd show you a small little hit greater than 5M debris and smaller than 25M debris (We had 3 threads, 5M, 25M, and 100M threads, I believe yours was in the 5M thread). It wasn't like I was saying I took your whole fleet out, but at the time it had to account for at least 1/3rd of your fleet, and it happened not long after you said I'd never take your fleet.

And since we're on the topic of "shipbuilds", how many hades do you think it takes to get 2,300 DSP with 150-175 Helios there? If your answer was "more than 20" you'd be correct. Do you fault me for going after 20+ hades and 300k+ resources in system on a planet where I don't even have my main fleet? Where I have 1, maybe 2 open fleet slots to do "whatever" with?

In the time it took you to build those 20 hades, I could probably build 300-400 of them, do you know why they were never blown up? Because they had more than 5 missile batteries protecting them :P

Grace

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 02:17:19 PM »
I think the big fails of this season were vessel detection tech and defence debris -Prefer old fashioned moons or no detection facility at all, like it was back in the day, yea would be even better.

Defence debris obscures the quality of a hit. It makes an average hit look like a good hit because cant see what debris comes from where.

Loved the moros and erebus, though, and how they balanced out the effect of the curetes without destroying its usefulness in some situations.

As previously stated in other threads, I wont be playing any more seasons because not particularly happy with Matt and what I see as disproportionate and discriminate implementation of the game rules.
 However, I will be sticking around in NOVA and would like to see the erebus and moros brought into play.

Grace

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »
Well, you are lucky because Riker cleaned up out alliance board of all of the Star Wars threads or I'd show you a small little hit greater than 5M debris and smaller than 25M debris (We had 3 threads, 5M, 25M, and 100M threads, I believe yours was in the 5M thread). It wasn't like I was saying I took your whole fleet out, but at the time it had to account for at least 1/3rd of your fleet, and it happened not long after you said I'd never take your fleet.

And since we're on the topic of "shipbuilds", how many hades do you think it takes to get 2,300 DSP with 150-175 Helios there? If your answer was "more than 20" you'd be correct. Do you fault me for going after 20+ hades and 300k+ resources in system on a planet where I don't even have my main fleet? Where I have 1, maybe 2 open fleet slots to do "whatever" with?

In the time it took you to build those 20 hades, I could probably build 300-400 of them, do you know why they were never blown up? Because they had more than 5 missile batteries protecting them :P

what, lucky that you couldn't find a battle report that never existed?:)

I have had this discussion with you before in ingame messages and it is either a case of wishful thinking or mistaken identity. You have never hit anything that I have left out, because I don't leave anything out when I am actively playing the game. Things fall out of the shipyard, though, if I que them up before I go to bed.

20hades is a fair hit if you don't mind wasting your time on scraps. I wouldn't call hitting 20 hades sat bashing but I wouldn't call 20 hades 1/4 or 1/3 of my fleet either.

Brian, believe me, if you had ever hit a portion of my fleet, anything other than shipbuilds/sats, I would have quit the game there and then and walked away in shame.

What you are suggesting is impossible anyway, as I don't split up my fleet.

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »
what, lucky that you couldn't find a battle report that never existed?:)

I have had this discussion with you before in ingame messages and it is either a case of wishful thinking or mistaken identity. You have never hit anything that I have left out, because I don't leave anything out when I am actively playing the game. Things fall out of the shipyard, though, if I que them up before I go to bed.

20hades is a fair hit if you don't mind wasting your time on scraps. I wouldn't call hitting 20 hades sat bashing but I wouldn't call 20 hades 1/4 or 1/3 of my fleet either.

Brian, believe me, if you had ever hit a portion of my fleet, anything other than shipbuilds/sats, I would have quit the game there and then and walked away in shame.

What you are suggesting is impossible anyway, as I don't split up my fleet.

You don't leave anything out?

The very first attack I had on you was a Dionysus, some cargos, resources, and your sats. And you threw a temper tantrum over it.

You left them out.

I'm sorry that you are forgetful, if I had a way of bringing back deleted threads in our alliance, I would, and I'd spend forever combing the threads we had to find the exact hit on you.

And since when is 2-3M in debris, scraps?  One of your planets had something like 45 hades on it, just sitting.

You say you don't split your fleet, but I attacked you at 4 different locations before you "quit", all of them killed Hades. So while you may not "split" your fleet, I got A fleet that produced more than 5 Mil in debris that I posted on our forum from one of my only trips out to G2, where you moved your fleet to after lower G1 got crowded. I probably know this better than you do, because we were at war and I kept track of everyone. Just like how I followed your little attempt at a MAC around G2 and G3, after I took that baby G2 fleet out.

We can argue all day about this, I know you are stubborn enough to do so. But do you know what it all boils down to Grace? You've never attacked me and destroyed a ship, yet I've gained over 15k DSP from you in this tournament, and I've never ONCE attacked you for the sole purpose of killing your satellites. Everyone here, despite the fact that they hate my cockyness, knows that to be true. We all read the first thread where I pointed out that I never once attacked you unless I saw resources and/or ships there to kill, that I had probed you countless times before the attack you posted, and I didn't attack you.

This tournament is going to be remember for Grace's lack of acceptance that when I first attacked her, I wasn't going for her Helios.

Grace

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 03:32:37 PM »
never happened, mate, lol really don't know how else to say it to you. Ships falling out of the shipyard is not leaving stuff out.

Who in their right mind goes to the fleet screen when they are saving for the night, selects all, harvest mission, then actively alters the ship numbers to leave a 3rd of their fleet behind?

I can always build a few ships for you and leave them out, if it is niggling away at you that you didn't catch Grace while she was playing the tournament:)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:38:03 PM by Grace »

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 04:35:18 AM »
never happened, mate, lol really don't know how else to say it to you. Ships falling out of the shipyard is not leaving stuff out.

Who in their right mind goes to the fleet screen when they are saving for the night, selects all, harvest mission, then actively alters the ship numbers to leave a 3rd of their fleet behind?

I can always build a few ships for you and leave them out, if it is niggling away at you that you didn't catch Grace while she was playing the tournament:)

The person who forgets does, and that is probably what happened. Who on earth produces 40 something Hades overnight, in system with someone who has attacked them a dozen times, without building defenses first?

Silly girl, there are battle reports in the system showing that I've gotten you on multiple occasions, but you never got to see grace in the 10, or even top 20 or top 25. Must not have been very good at the game :P

Grace

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »
Did you understand what I said about how it is impossible for me to 'forget' a third of my fleet without actively reducing the ship count on the fleet screen?:)

The person who has 40 hades fall out of the ship yard while he is offline is the person who has the shipyards choked up with 100s of ships because he had lots of res that he spent before he went to bed.
40hades might have been 1/10 of what built over night between all planets is about all - colateral damage and not really a big deal. Certainly nothing for someone who is pretending to be the best player in the game to boast about.

You see, we have you hitting scraps in desperation for dsp and we have the likes of Bodlin, Rob Miller, C7 etc,  waiting out for proper targets and raising their dsp the same or higher with one hit what you earned with 100s of petty raids on scraps.

If you want to be the best player in the game, then you need to get with the program and look at how the top players do it.

Bodlin might have been on target with a lil competition from teh above, to win the tourny until you took over his account. What are you going to do when Bodlin's account starts slipping down the ranks, take over whoever else is at number 1 and boast how you improved their account with a 40hades raid?:)

Offline BrianC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Did you understand what I said about how it is impossible for me to 'forget' a third of my fleet without actively reducing the ship count on the fleet screen?:)

The person who has 40 hades fall out of the ship yard while he is offline is the person who has the shipyards choked up with 100s of ships because he had lots of res that he spent before he went to bed.
40hades might have been 1/10 of what built over night between all planets is about all - colateral damage and not really a big deal. Certainly nothing for someone who is pretending to be the best player in the game to boast about.

You see, we have you hitting scraps in desperation for dsp and we have the likes of Bodlin, Rob Miller, C7 etc,  waiting out for proper targets and raising their dsp the same or higher with one hit what you earned with 100s of petty raids on scraps.

If you want to be the best player in the game, then you need to get with the program and look at how the top players do it.

Bodlin might have been on target with a lil competition from teh above, to win the tourny until you took over his account. What are you going to do when Bodlin's account starts slipping down the ranks, take over whoever else is at number 1 and boast how you improved their account with a 40hades raid?:)

You just put Bodlin and Rob Miller in the same sentence lol.

Rob Miller has 1/3rd of my DSP, 1/2 of Bodlin's NOW, than when he handed the account over to me, and do you know what the sad part is?

He got almost all of that DSP from when his fleet and Heph got taken out to lose you guys the war.

Don't ever compare people like Rob Miller to Bodlin, and certainly don't compare them to me.

In case you haven't figured this much out Grace, my account when I passed it out, had nearly twice as much as Rob Miller, and since I've had Bodlins account, I've grown it by more DSP than Rob Miller as a whole.

You sit here and call me a bad player, but I've emphasized the point of DSP. I don't care at all if CZ or CC pass me in overall, so long as they don't pass me in DSP. You cannot buy DSP in the tournament, it is the true measure of a player. With that said, however, CC did buy himself a lot of DSP early on with the tower, but that has slowed down considerably.

Grace, here's the thing I need you to understand. I don't care what you think about me. We were enemies. You expected me to respect you, when you wouldn't even take me for my word about my very first attack on you, while we were at war. The same attack EVERYONE said was not a sat bash. The SAME attack everyone believed MY intention over your perceived intention.

If you want to say Bodlin is better than I, go for it. I won't disagree. But if you think for 2 seconds that I am not ONE OF the best to play this tournament, much less this game as a whole, you are gravely mistaken.

Again, check the attitude at the door and look at the DSP. You don't get to 900k DSP by hitting sats, then again, you never got to 900K DSP. As it sits right now, I had the current #4 in DSP and HAVE the #1 in DSP.

And you call me bad? lols whatever you say sweetheart, if it makes you sleep better at night thinking the 1.5 Million DSP I am responsible for in this tournament, is actually all sat kills.

PS, real shipyards are choked up with thousands of ships that finish within hours, not this "hundreds of ships" overnight crap.

Trust me, after the fiasco about your sats and the 75 threads you made, I wouldn't be surprised if people take me, the top hunter in the tournament's word for it, that I took your G2 fleet out. Obviously you have a fleet on every planet, I know this because I've probed, stalked, and hunted it :P

birthmark-ant