contact
June 01, 2020, 11:48:08 PM

Author Topic: Question  (Read 5935 times)

Offline Loye

• Weakness is a sin
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »
For anyone that cares, the fleet will be in 1:250 in less than 12 hours and will be attackable within 7 days an 6 hoursish, if BFG does not feel the need to do the "right" thing and revert their BS suspension. Have at it folks, enjoy your game where BFG employees loosely interpret rules to fit their agenda, like Matt H trying to impede my play because he publicly has displayed the fact that he dislikes me and made false accusations about me.

There are 15k+ Proms, 30K+ Hades, 16k+ Athena, 50K+ Erebus, 30K+ Cures, assuming that ships I lost in my legitimate attack were refunded, and various riff raff of other proportions.

Feel free to have at it folks.

I hope BFG will remove it - after all not really legal - most the boys from Empire would be up for it
oxo = beef stock.          xXx = Laughing stock.

Offline Admiral Lermontov

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2013, 09:27:51 PM »
Does this mean we wont be subjected to your constant reminders of you being the best player to ever walk the earth?

From your lips to God's ears! Oooops I mean Brian's ears, or wait is it God? I get so confused!!!
Extreme Admiral Lermontov, StarWars Ret.
Nova Captain Jack StarWars, Ret.
Tournament Season 1 Captain Jack, StarWars Top 100
Tournament Season 2 Captain Jack, StarWars #4

Grace

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:05 PM »
I'm not allowed to refer to Brian with a certain word so I'll just say... hahahahahaha hahahah hahaahahah 8)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:55:38 PM by Grace »

Grace

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2013, 10:26:24 PM »
Unfortunately Grace, I am not. I have only adequate time to play one game properly, so must restrict myself to SFCO, which I am doing not too badly at. Having said that, I am very friendly with the trade merchant, but have no personal experience with that VDT you mention. I don't see that one single aspect of the game could be a deciding issue overall though. Correct me if Im wrong. Seems to me (in my experience) that any one item could not be the sole reason for winning or losing. Although until i figured out a work around on enemy Oracles in SFCO, i was in despair for a while.
Is it not a maxim in RL as well as this game that for every offensive weapon, there is an equal defensive mechanism, either through hardware or strategy?

I thought so. Didn't sound like you had been playing or you would understand what I am talking about. Normally, purchase doesn't make much of a difference against time and good planning. In season 2 of the tournament, however, the game is loaded in favour of it to such a degree that it is impossible to keep up if you don;t keep spending.

VDT is one of 2 factors which has loaded it this way. Effectively, the time that one 'has to' spend researching VDT prevents them from researching anything else, as no sooner have you finished a couple of levels of it and think you are good to focus on other techs, someone else has already autocompleted a further few levels.

The 2nd factor is the trade merc, which in other unis is not such a big deal as again, time and good planning can compensate. NPCs are severely disbalanced ins eason 2, though, being crys/hydro heavy and very little ore around. With having to hit NPCs regularly to keep up, this causes a problem who don;t spend on the trade merc like a hooker spends on contraception. Trade merc is always essential as a matter of course for ore to build ore heavy ships or else one is left behind on the way side with fleets that are crys heavy with hades and probes in numbers.

Now I know that hades are at a premium in other unis, but in a uni where the curetes effectively gives the athena a better shield than it, it proves pretty much useless on it's own in most situations. The hades are reduced to being good for hitting NPCs, which yields more crystal, hydro overload.

So basically you cant build an effective fleet in this uni unless you use the trade merc regularly and you cant research anything else whilst having to continually focus on VDT.

What are you left with for the average  player who doesn't throw all of his weekly wages on the game beside farming NPCs?

This may sound a lil weird to you seeing as you didn't sign up for season 2. However, I am sure that most, except for maybe Brian, would understand exactly what I am saying.

I don't mind supporting the game. I won;t spend all of my wages on it though and I certainly wont spend them all just to be the one who spend the most money on the game, because that is who the winner is more likely to be. Even those who do spend a fair bit still cant keep up with the likes on Bodlin and Commander C.

Not saying that skill is completely out of it. The winner will be the one with the most skill between the highest spenders because that is the way the game is loaded.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 01:30:24 AM »
 ;)  well said grace...that pretty much sums it all up..
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline DolphinDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 11:32:15 PM »
I attacked an account that was FORMERLY connected to my facebook. I contacted you guys to transfer all ID's over, and you did. My facebook logs into Bodlins old account.

There is, however, no rule stipulating that I cannot attack an account that was handed down. Post the login IP's of my account and Kunick's account, you'll notice that once I passed it off, mine never once crossed over.

That is a BS rule that is not posted within the game rules and this needs fixed immediately.

However this is a fair end for an account hopper...

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2013, 01:47:49 AM »
facebook linked accounts are always linked...even if you give an account away, all you have to do is sign in on facebook, and you can take it back
suck it up monkey boy!

Grace

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 12:26:51 PM »
Has he actually quit?

Funny how every time Commander 7 from starwars overtakes him in dsp, BC goes and finds himself a big hit from close to home.

Well I suppose he would run out of Empire players at some point so best for him to bow out now while he can pretend to himself that it was over something different:)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:32:41 PM by Grace »

Offline Admiral Lermontov

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 01:57:39 PM »
Commander 7 hit another Empire fleet today, taking out another of Brian's targets. Lol! 
Extreme Admiral Lermontov, StarWars Ret.
Nova Captain Jack StarWars, Ret.
Tournament Season 1 Captain Jack, StarWars Top 100
Tournament Season 2 Captain Jack, StarWars #4

Offline Dark One

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2013, 11:29:54 PM »
Sad to say it was my old account that bit the dust but I believe well taken and by someone prepared to hunt (even if it was Starwars, lol)