contact
August 18, 2019, 02:46:05 PM

Author Topic: "Emergency Production"  (Read 602 times)

Offline Redfrog

• View Profile
"Emergency Production"
« on: April 09, 2013, 11:42:16 PM »
"Emergency Production"

The idea is simple.  If you suffer a large fleet loss, your empire goes into "Emergency Production" with the mines producing 5x or some x normal for a to be determined amount of time.    General idea being resources which could be used to replace up to say 80% of the value of the fleet loss.   Details etc. to be determined.   

Should be pretty simple to code and implement.   Just treat it like a special commander with a duration created when it is based on loss/ time to replace the loss.   Send the player a message saying it's gone into effect right after the fleet gets destroyed.   You could view the remaining duration on the home page.    What would trigger it, would take some thought; certain minimums both in resources and amount of losses, some % of RSP value etc.  but the core would be to flood the empire with resources that would get it back on it's feet quickly.

This is all about player retention!!!   Right now if someone loses a serious fleet that they spent months building they are essentially done and a player most often ends up dropping.   

Offline Got2BDrunk Dan Larrivee

• View Profile
Re: "Emergency Production"
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:04:27 AM »
-1  ::)
Unimat0 Drunken Nuclear Tactician & holder of the Unimat0 Nuclear Football
Co-Chief Admiral Drone of the Fleet
Master in Chief of Gimmicks

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:11:52 AM »
Right now if someone loses a serious fleet that they spent months building they are essentially done and a player most often ends up dropping.   

Until a new universe comes out.

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 06:21:04 PM »
Ridiculous.... -10
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

Offline CAPTAIN SKEENAN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »
Yea seems crazy where's the risk? Why should you get rewarded for losing your fleet? I lossed my fleet for joining an attack with the wrong people, I  still think something fishy there but Owell I lossed it and rebuilt it with alot of hard work

Offline russant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 11:55:56 PM »
why change mine production. Res is not hard to come by, and an alliance can help rebuild a fleet in a week.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 08:40:01 PM »
That's an interesting proposal but you're not offering any #s so people can rate your idea on a practical level.

Ridiculous.... -10

Great argument.

why change mine production. Res is not hard to come by, and an alliance can help rebuild a fleet in a week.

I don't know what kind of fleet you have but if I lose mine I lose about 80% of my total account RSP and most if not all of the res associated with NPCs become untoucheable. I assume your fleet sucks and/or you're one of the lowest RSP members in your alliance.

This game is about hunting and I'd rather people have a better chance to rebuild so I have targets left rather than unis dwindling and dying with every hit because losing a fleet means annihilation.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »
The problem I see with direct fleet insurance like this is that it provides incentive to cheat.  This time, you hit me, get the DSP, and I'll get my fleet back in a bit and then we can do it the other way.  Battles should be zero-sum.

That having been said, I just posted on the Conquest board agreeing that easily-hit territories would seem to provide a way to rebuild quickly.  Additionally, 50% debris there makes attacks even less zero-sum.

I don't know what kind of fleet you have but if I lose mine I lose about 80% of my total account RSP and most if not all of the res associated with NPCs become untoucheable.

This doesn't really make sense to me.  It should be the case that, if you lose your fleet, NPCs become more accessible, especially if most of your RSP is in fleet.

birthmark-ant