contact
April 01, 2020, 02:15:02 AM

Author Topic: the others things in the game  (Read 24501 times)

Offline giZer

• View Profile
Re: the others things in the game
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2014, 03:16:36 PM »
wow thats a crazy z fleet

Offline VLLAD

• Psychology says, staying quiet doesn’t mean you've
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2014, 04:49:37 PM »
Thats crazy but so cool.

i might be able to cobble enough rez for 1B probes but ill just imagine about having all those zeeees

Thats a brill achievement.  8)

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2014, 05:44:54 PM »
Well now, messing around with BM, I find that a simple fleet of 1 trillion proms should take care of that. hahaahhha
On the more serious side, it IS an awesome feat. An impenetrable defense screen as well as the ideal fleet makeup for the NPCs at your level.
What is your next goal, T? Now that you are at the top, I am sure you will get bored if you dont have an alternate goal, as I discovered when I reached there last year. I am still enjoying the game a year later due to having other things in the game to amuse me other than the run to the top.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2014, 09:26:41 PM »
laz,

You are so right -- about the danger of getting bored!  In fact, I believe that one significant thing that enabled me to get to No. 1 was that your Alliance mate and our friend, Libor, simply got bored and ran out of reasons to keep playing hard.

My next goal actually has two stages along the way to achieving it:
-  10B Z's.
-  100B Z's

It's easy to think, "that'll take forever!".  But, it really won't.  I've tripled the Z-fleet in a bit less than a month.  If I assume that I can sustain doubling in size for the next few months, I'll be at the 10B mark in less than 4 months, and at the 100B mark in less than 4 months after that.

A lot of other stuff has to occur along the way to being able to reach these milestones:
-  Build up the Foundries at the rate of about 1 level per month.  I'm at level 27 right now.  So, 8 months from now, they'll be at around Level 35.
-  Build up the Hydro Storages at the rate of about 1 level per month.  Eight months from now, they'll be at around Level 44.
-  I try to keep the Dios:Z's ratio at around 30:1, so we are talking about having around 3T Dios in 8 months.
-  I'm keeping the Carms:Z's at around 5:1, so we are talking about having around 500B Carms in 8 months.

Those numbers sound silly, but that is how this game is evolving -- the upper end is more or less doubling in size each month.

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2014, 01:38:16 AM »
Hmmmmm, I wonder if you developing such a lead over everybody else might be discouraging to new players entering the game. Maybe i should get a gang of thugs together to whittle you down to our size, hahahhaahahahah

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2014, 04:01:31 AM »
Bring it on, friend!  I'll be on the lookout for you and your hooligans!

Offline llaubacher

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2014, 11:11:54 PM »
Those numbers sound silly, but that is how this game is evolving -- the upper end is more or less doubling in size each month.

Are you sure you wanted to use 'evolving'? IMLTHO 'degrading' would be more describing ....

Offline Empty

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 23, 2014, 01:35:06 AM »
Doesn't the theory of evolution include something like, there are lots of bad mutations for every 1 good mutation? If that is the case than evolving is appropriate, even if the evolution means degrading. If it's a bad mutation it won't survive. :)
Empty = MT = Marshal Tallent

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2014, 03:58:21 AM »
Fortunately, some of the evolutions (in my opinion) are making the game more interesting.  Chief among these in SFCO are the war tournaments.  I realize that these were created by players (thank you, Rayman and others!), but BFG is nurturing these by providing prizes and also code changes to tighten up some of the game's war-related use cases.

Offline Jabmets me

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 23, 2014, 11:12:08 AM »
ill help you laz......wait a minute....as a put tail between my legs at the sight of 50 b zeese......sending over a fruit basket to t wayne....see everything smoothed over

Offline lazoputz

• Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 23, 2014, 03:12:59 PM »
@jabmets: 50 billion zeese by themselves are no problem, its that prom fleet that worries me

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2014, 12:38:39 AM »
Yep, it's easy to run from the Z's - but they make for a mighty nasty ninja!

Offline farsan300

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2014, 12:51:45 AM »
And i thought a lv11 oracle was a great millstone. Time to rethink my goals :)

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2014, 02:22:14 AM »
@farsan300,

A Level 11 Oracle is a GREAT achievement!  Every player is at a different point in the game, with their own meaningful objectives.  Don't be shy about letting us know when you've achieved something that you think is pretty special!

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2015, 12:29:28 AM »
And, back to the infrastructure...

SY30/F27 combos (3 of these, the other planets have only F18's for accelerating research lab construction).  When the shipyards are stuffed with Basic Androids, they can crank out a bit over 2M Z's an hour, each.  F28 upgrades are around the corner, I most likely will need those during the next 2 weeks or so.

Once the current research project finishes in a few days, I'll be upgrading my research labs.  I'll be bumping up the 8 "helper" labs 3 levels each.  The one from which I always start my research projects will be incremented 6 levels, from Level 30 to Level 36.  When this lab is stuffed with 13 Basic Androids and I purchase a Scientist, my research time (vs the base time with no Scientist and no Androids) will be reduced by 77%.  You'd think that purchasing 2 more Basic Androids (from the 11 I use in the current RL 30) would reduce the research time by 8%, but the actual effect is more profound than this.  It turns out that the time needed to perform a project using the RL 36 initiator is only (1- 0.25 - 13 * 0.04)/(1 - 0.25 - 11 * 0.04) * 100% =  74% of the time when using the RL 30 initiator.  Adding those two additional Basic Androids reduces the actual research time by 26% (pretty spiffy!).  This considers only the effect of the Scientist and the Basic Androids.  On top of this is the reduction due to increasing the overall effective research lab level from 252 to 282.

<<ATW -- the following paragraph is erroneous, see the subsequent posts by llaubacher and me regarding the Research Bonus cap.>>

If you do some analysis, you learn that building a Research Lab Level 54, stuffing it with 19 Basic Androids (good for a 76% time reduction), and buying a Scientist (good for a 25% reduction) has a magic result!  Any research project started at that lab finishes in zero time!  There is a kicker -- that lab, plus all the pre-requisite lower-level labs, costs about 7.2 Quintilian ore, 14.4 Quintilian crystal, and 7.2 Quintilian hydro.  It takes over 250T Carms to handle that much res.  Ouch!  But, getting one of those labs is part of my vision for future development.  I figure it'll take me 1.5 - 2 years to grow large enough to be able to build that sucker.  Yes, there is enough stuff in this game to keep any of us interested for a long, long time and working hard to improve!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:17:30 PM by Admiral T-Wayne »

birthmark-ant