contact
September 20, 2019, 04:35:10 PM

Author Topic: the others things in the game  (Read 22822 times)

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
Re: the others things in the game
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2015, 12:59:50 AM »
I'd probably skip the Foundry for awhile then. If you had all the res necessary it would only take about a week to do every single level up to & including 50. Another to get 51. Unless you need the Foundry to spend res on ships it is just going to slow down how long it takes to get the HS up.
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2015, 02:09:36 AM »
A funny thing happens if you just focus on building the HS's -- the targets keep growing on you (due to increased RSPs from the HSes), your fleets stay the same size, and it gets to where you struggle to take your own spawns (and no spawns except my own spawns are worthwhile for me to hit).  So, the general approach is I build fleets for 2 - 3 weeks, all the while working to build up a crystal surplus.  Once I save up about half the crystal that is needed for the next level of HS, I then stop building ships, collect the rest of the res that I need for the HS, and start building that unit.  While this is building, I focus on collecting res for the next level of Foundry.  Once the HS finishes, I start the Foundry upgrade. 

So, right now I spend about 10% of my time focused on collecting res for the HS and F upgrades.  The rest of the time, I'm building ships.

This 3-week cycle works pretty well for me.  Right now, I'm growing at a rate a bit less than 3x per month.  The HS and F double in size with each upgrade.  My self-spawns double in size about every 3 weeks.  As a result, I have to take about the same number of targets for each round of upgrades. 

This pace of upgrading appears to be sustainable and scaleable.

Offline censored

• censored
    • Facebook - censored
    • LinkedIn - censored
    • Skype - censored
    • Twitter - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2015, 02:18:43 AM »
I should have guessed you'd have a system set up lol
Butthurt losers completely owned by me:

Matt H
Grace
Swanvesta
Tech9
BrianC

Offline slindhurst

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2015, 04:55:10 AM »
Do you have a problem with the cost in credits increasing each cycle? Each time you double, your hydro needs also double, but each trade in the upgraded HS is only 1.6 times as big as before. So you need 25% more trades, meaning 25% more credits.

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2015, 05:23:21 AM »
slindhurst,

You are absolutely right regarding the direction of credits expenditure.  It just keeps growing, as a result of the exponential rate of growth of our accounts.

I understand that, in the faster unis, the point has been reached where the resources return from the NPCs has flattened out.  That actually might not be a bad thing to have happen in SFCO!  That would change the rate of RSPs (and fleet) growth we are seeing from being exponential, to just being linear, and it also would remove the need for having an ever-increasing number of Dios to scoop ever-larger debris fields.  We'd be able to stop leveling up our HS and Foundry units, and our credits expenditures would stabilize.

It'll be interesting to see if we do follow the path that the other unis reportedly have experienced.  Stay tuned!

Offline Admiral T-Wayne

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2015, 03:50:24 AM »
Back on June 2 I was collecting res to start a Hydro Storage 45 -> HS 46 upgrade, to be followed by an F36 -> F37 upgrade.

Things have moved on since then.  About 1.5 weeks ago I bumped up the key infrastructure elements to HS48 and F39.  I still follow the upgrade approach that I described in a previous conversation with censored.  At the moment, I'm about half-way finished with collecting the first half of the crystal I'll need for the HS49 upgrade.  I hope to reach that level (the first half ~ 281 Quads of crys) by the weekend.  At that point I'll switch from building ships to hoarding res for the HS, with the expectation that it'll take me about 6 to 7 NPC hits to bring in the rest of the resources I'll need to build that HS.  After that, I'll decide whether I build the F40 or maybe skip the F upgrade this time.

With respect to fleet units -- I passed the 1T Z's mark yesterday, a bit less than 7 months after passing the 1B Z's barrier (did that last Dec. 23).  I don't expect to grow at quite this rate in the future -- one can play SFC like a maniac for only so long, eventually we have to pause and resume living some variant of a "normal" life (ha!).

Offline farsan300

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2015, 12:31:34 AM »
I have a lv54 hydro mine. Does that count for anything?

Offline the red emperor

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2015, 11:29:30 PM »
congrats farsan,

what is the temperature or your planet?  what is the hourly production at that level? It might be 100 lifetimes before that repays the ore and crystal required to build that high, but I say go for level 60. keep up the good work

Offline farsan300

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2015, 03:06:56 AM »
just finished a lv12 oracle and lv57 hydro mine

Offline llaubacher

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2015, 10:11:46 AM »
You win a cookie :)

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2015, 08:27:29 PM »
just finished a lv12 oracle and lv57 hydro mine

That's almost like saying "I have particle tech 40 and a factory 36"

I do like the Oracle 12, but is it really worth scanning that far away? Of course 'in universe' hits with your heph may justify that scanning distance requirement.
War Commander Dark Disciple Of Muad'Dib [Based Ωn]

Quote from: Pliny the Elder
"The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach."

Offline Treakle the Sweet

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2015, 09:46:28 PM »
I want a cookie!

Offline Vashanka

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2015, 09:51:41 PM »
*Places a plate of Darkside Cookies just out of Treakle the Sweet's reach*

Offline Toxic

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2015, 10:10:48 PM »

Offline farsan300

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2015, 01:01:45 AM »
Finished lv27 foundry. Is that better? The Topic is other things in the game, not just the highest foundry, shipyard, or fleet size