contact
September 20, 2019, 04:37:09 PM

Author Topic: Urcath Transmission  (Read 2089 times)

Offline .Ez

• View Profile
Urcath Transmission
« on: May 24, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »
 So here's a idea using the Urcath Transmission msgs instead of alerting us to npc's what are not worth the h to launch at, when you can just hit territorys in your system for less h and more profit. How about using them to alert us to a new kind of territory, the territory's have added alot more smashy smashy but only really when the defender is offline.

So i propose a new kind of territory one with hydrogen on and when occupying it, it depletes the hydrogen untill it is depleted and despawns, the depletion rate is calced by the rsp of the fleet occupying it so you can't just leave a probe there.

I think this would add alot more action as people are constantly complaining about lack of hydrogen and would make people team up to take control of them, not been oraclable i think this could be very eventful

so what do you think?
RAGE

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
Re: Urcath Transmission
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:49:14 PM »
What do you mean by it has hydrogen and it depletes? Do you mean it has hydrogen and the defenders get x hydrogen per minute until it goes to 0? Could work if you made it a rather large number.

But why would this necessarily cause more action? *maybe* in the best case scenario you could get one group of players sending a fleet to push off another group of players but unless you had equal sides in taking the planet(which kind of seems unlikely to me) one side is just going to have to recall. I guess you could use it to bait other players into pushing off your friends small fleet while you ninja with a big one. Does this really add something to the game? I don't know.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:53:39 PM by Azureflames »

Offline .Ez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:56:04 PM »
yea so say you saw a fresh one and give it a probe it tells you how much hydrogen is on it say 100m, then when you occupy it say for 1 hour your fleet has accumulated 6m if you recall you leave with that of resource the numbers and percentage would have to be carefuly thought out the only reason i thought it should go to 0 is to stop people camping on them with a fleet so large it can't be hit
RAGE

Offline .Ez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 07:56:34 PM »
the amount of resources is the incentive, if territory's are lacking something it's hydrogen right?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 07:58:35 PM by .Ez »
RAGE

Vastet

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:03:21 PM »
I think that's a really cool idea

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 08:08:27 PM »
the amount of resources is the incentive

Yeah but either you can hold it or you can't, right? So if I know you and your buddies are nearby one of those things I would not send my fleet to it no matter how enticing it looked. Odds are most of the ones would just get occupied by whichever group of people has the most ships in the area, or it would be used to bait not-so-informed players into getting ninja'd.

I mean I understand the idea and how, in theory, it's supposed to add to the game. But it would need some tweaking to make it even viable. Otherwise it will just end up being a military territory that is only fought over if someone with no power tried to hold it.

For example. If me and a couple of buddies all have huge fleets nearby we might just send transports or whatever needed to hold the hydrogen while we keep an eye on the territory and if anyone launches a fleet then we can try to ninja it.

These could also just become fueling depots for groups of hephs. Landing in-system, taking the territory, etc.

My point is, so far the current territories offer nothing to the game except speeding up production and adding an infinite amount of res  to the game. Which is fine if you want a fast universe and quick rebuilding options. This hydrogen territory would be doing the exact same thing except it would benefit fewer players and likely the ones on top. If your goal is to get more hydrogen at then top then that's fine. However, I don't see them adding a hydrogen territory to the game because it seems that they want the trade merchant to be the primary way to acquire a large amount of hydrogen.

Offline .Ez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 08:14:39 PM »
well it would have a rsp cap like a millitary terri, and since everyone is staying under the cap everyones rsp is about the same. i just think resources have lost all value now since they are so easily available from terri's, i mean i don't even send dios on hits now because i know i can recoup it back from terri's. if more people lose fleets it would make people value resources more. this could be it
RAGE

Offline Gershwyn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 08:22:43 PM »
I think the idea has some merit and deserves consideration. Good points to bring up to AzureFlames and good initial idea .Ez!
--Gershwyn

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 08:29:22 PM »
well it would have a rsp cap like a millitary terri, and since everyone is staying under the cap everyones rsp is about the same. i just think resources have lost all value now since they are so easily available from terri's, i mean i don't even send dios on hits now because i know i can recoup it back from terri's. if more people lose fleets it would make people value resources more. this could be it

I think the bigger problem is that the incentive to stay under the RSP cap is too strong. People should want to try to get to the top of the charts. Unfortunately the top of the charts is only #12-#20 depending on the day because if you go over that you lose potentially billions of res per day. I'm not sure how do it in this uni unless they simultaneously lower the amount of debris from military territories and buff the output of mines.

Offline .Ez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 08:40:17 PM »
imagine this everyone gets the msg one appeared. allaince a launches a 6 man g/a, alliance b launches a 6 man g/a and alliance c launch a 6 man g/a at it. who lands first how many seconds are the others behind? ................... exciting
RAGE

Offline CB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »
I kind of like this idea.
aka.. Commander Barrio

Offline .Ez

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 09:07:06 PM »
I think the bigger problem is that the incentive to stay under the RSP cap is too strong.

also i think your missing out big building over the cap half my dsp comes from terri's i've thought about spending everything and having 2x the overall points of #2 but it really isn't worth it so so so so many fleets on terri's all that dsp just sat there
RAGE

Vastet

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
"This hydrogen territory would be doing the exact same thing except it would benefit fewer players and likely the ones on top."

I don't understand your reasoning with this claim. I don't think any alliance is big enough to be able to control every territory in all 2495 systems every day. I don't think every alliance combined could pull that off.
I think it would benefit those on top some as they could save a little money, but the sheer amounts of ore/crystal you pull in really requires you use the merchant even with this territory, albeit perhaps a bit less often.
I think the biggest benefit would be to those who can't or won't buy credits, as they have no real viable and consistent source of hydro. Even if the amounts EZ suggested were cut by 90% it would still be a large benefit to a swath of mid ranked players who are stuck at mid and low rank with millions to billions of res and no hydro to use it with.

Offline .Ez

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 09:22:03 PM »
guess people are not as bored of hitting terri's as i am, remember when we used to hunt real players
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:05:50 PM by .Ez »
RAGE

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 10:04:30 PM »
I don't understand your reasoning with this claim. I don't think any alliance is big enough to be able to control every territory in all 2495 systems every day. I don't think every alliance combined could pull that off.

His idea was not to add one to every system. It was to have them rare and spread out, like the largest NPCs right now. I *usually* see 0-1 of those within 30 system either direction of my planets. But the way he is speaking about it it makes me think he wants maybe 1-3 per galaxy and not necessarily all at the same time.

imagine this everyone gets the msg one appeared. allaince a launches a 6 man g/a, alliance b launches a 6 man g/a and alliance c launch a 6 man g/a at it. who lands first how many seconds are the others behind? ................... exciting

I think what is more likely to happen is someone who is within a couple system, or within the system itself, is going to take it first and have a chance to see all the other fleets. Not a bunch of fleets arriving at the same time.

also i think your missing out big building over the cap half my dsp comes from terri's i've thought about spending everything and having 2x the overall points of #2 but it really isn't worth it so so so so many fleets on terri's all that dsp just sat there

I assume you're talking about hitting the people that try to leave fleets on territories overnight? Or are you just launching inbetween when they are checking in.

guess people are not as bored of hitting terri's as i am, remember when we used to hunt real players

I got bored hitting territories but I am underdeveloped on moons and am still relatively new to this game so I am not good at hunting.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:14:46 PM by Azureflames »