contact
December 16, 2018, 06:02:39 AM

Author Topic: New Suggestion Heph+Warpgate  (Read 636 times)

Offline Brett Boller

• View Profile
New Suggestion Heph+Warpgate
« on: June 30, 2013, 11:50:25 PM »
Okay okay, here are the rules for it.  A new kind of warp gate that is stationed on the heph that would connect to the rest of your gates.  The only way you can use it is if you are NOT being attacked.  So that there is no way for you to ninja a fleet.  This would be strictly for moving ships around.  Also you can make the cool down time a lot longer and make it cost more. 

Any thoughts?
I am running 33/29/26... I know there is much better out there, like Brett Boller, but I am curious as to how I compare .

-The Soloist

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
Re: New Suggestion Heph+Warpgate
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »
I'd be more interested in a type of warp jump for the heph instead of simply a warp gate function. Heph is so slow and restrictive. There are situations where it can be put to good use but it's primary use seems to be sitting on top of a military territory to negate hydro costs for harvest. Maybe a little inactive farming.

3hr+ travel time between systems makes it pretty much unuseable. Too vulnerable, can never attack out of system, etc..

As for a warp jump, give it whatever cooldown people are comfortable with; 1 hour, 2, 4 w/e. Once activated can't be canceled. Target slot is marked reserved, after 10 minutes boom heph takes slot. Would be fun for attackers, prey get ample warning. 10 minutes for warp-in +10-15ish minute attack time. This would truly allow it to be a mobile attack platform instead of a resource collector. Anything is subject to tweaking.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 12:56:43 AM »
I already proposed an upgrade to hephs that would make them gate operable. My idea was even to make it a credit only building. Was trying of something that could replace the planet hopping players do all the time.  My idea didn't get much leverage or interest.

As for azureflames' comments, well they mostly seem to address using them for farming purposes, whether it be NPC or inactive farming. They are to be used for PvP, and they do a fine job at it as they are. There's this idea of belonging to and hunting in specific regios of the Gs, if you could move around with no limitations it would negate this point. Hephs are well balanced as they are, and people use them all the time in Nova to get PvP hits.

Vastet

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 02:12:00 AM »
Someone parked their Heph beside mine today while I was farming a territory. It was a great challenge. At first I figured I'd blow it up while the attacks were out against my territory and Heph, but it was quickly apparent that wasn't going to work. So I spent an hour dodging attacks and probes. It was awesome. Haven't had that kind of pvp action in years.
It certainly proved the Heph is still quite viable for attacking players, even online players. That he didn't get me was not a testament to their uselessness. If I hadn't prepared well in advance for such a scenario, or wasn't as good a player as I am, he'd have got me for sure. At the very least my Thanatos would have been killed. Possibly my Heph too.
It of course didn't hurt that I saw his Heph land and had time to rename mine before he could launch any attacks.

Offline Plane Nutz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 05:55:02 AM »
just curious...what did renaming your heph have to do with it?
The best DSP is delivered right to your door!

Vastet

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 06:05:54 AM »
Its name is VSS Vengeance. I changed it to Come Get Some, before I realised it was not possible for me to kill his Heph alone.
Unfortunately, all my backup that could have made taking him possible was either offline or too far away to be able to assist. The guy has some sweet speed techs.
But hindsight is 20/20, and it was a spur of the moment thing.

Offline Audacious

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 06:49:22 AM »
I like this idea.

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »
Rubbish don't try and fix what ain't broke.....
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk