contact
July 04, 2020, 11:36:15 AM

Author Topic: Help war question  (Read 3307 times)

Offline silly_me

• Skype - elvis.perlsly
    • View Profile
Re: Help war question
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 02:57:59 AM »
I probed some planet or other and it had 10,000X the ships I had, or maybe it was some other ranking guy, lol. 

I agree with wesnalk though, It seems like a pretty trivial code change so just do it already, what is the point in using war settings if you do that.

elvis perlsly
(not elvis presley)

Offline pops2909

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
at this point am thinking of trying for winnie the pooh. he/she is high ranked but not aggressive.

Offline pops2909

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 03:07:25 AM »
wesnalk not to insault, or be a dick towards you. but what do you gain by playing cautiously the last 39ish  hours of the tournament? you have a 13m lead on #2

Offline wesnalk

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2013, 03:27:35 AM »
i have gained 10m dsp today and lost about 2m i dont consider that playing safe :)

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 06:31:34 AM »
I certainly thought it was the case that a player can't leave an alliance while they are under attack.  Or is it only that they can't be kicked out?

Vastet

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 06:36:03 AM »
It should be both I think. This is too cheap. I happen to agree with not getting war points from territory battles, but there should not be a way to dodge war points by quitting an alliance, getting kicked of an alliance, or disbanding an alliance while an attack is under way.

Offline Devil_Spawn

• Destined to sow the seeds of EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 01:24:13 AM »
@renykeny your not a troll your and i respect you i know you have been around for ever, i know this  mainly because you use the same name every time. and your correct it hasnt been 6 years. im not sure why i thought i had been playing that long. i havent been at my current job for 6 years yet and i stared playing while i was there. i started in april of 2010 right after they introduced moons.  but there were 160k players at the time because i remember the rank of 158k.

I was in sfco from aprox 2month after the game started up and i remember it peaking in the 127k region also.... then they brought moons out and the player base seemingly evaporated overnight.... of course many was and were multi accounters and still plenty freely playing in sfco..... but never saw it go as high as 158k of players., but i was top 100 or so at the time and couldn`t attack anyone below a certain rank so never really looked. Another common practice was fake accounts for crew .... but still never noticed it go to 160k... when they extended the uni it still was around 127k mark...   but that was the hey day....  MANY many good players have gone the way of the wind ...

Offline Devil_Spawn

• Destined to sow the seeds of EVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 01:35:32 AM »
In regards to original poster...

wesnalk....dropping out to avoid giving points is a cowards tactic...

never ever done it myself...too much respect for others and always played legit and won 2 wars legit, however as others say it`s a dirty tactic that is openly used despite the playerbase asking many many times for that to be altered in regards wars... I know they added that inactives couldn`t be dropped in wars if under attack... but other rules got brought in afterwards to not include them in tallies etc..

Offline Mythos

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 11:20:56 PM »
Wouldn't the easiest way to solve the dropping/ adding an alliance tag be put the same restrictions on it as peace mode? You can't activate peace if your ships are out on an attack. Would make wars more fair.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2013, 12:01:54 AM »
in one uni they had it that you could not drop tag during a war...i think it was a 12 hour wait or something...long ago it was!
suck it up monkey boy!