contact
December 15, 2018, 12:56:34 AM

Author Topic: This tournament seems messed up.  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Dark One

• View Profile
Re: This tournament seems messed up.
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2013, 11:47:12 PM »
I use P-mode because it makes it possible for me to play the game, but it does provide an advantage that I don't like. I would happily do without it if there was an easier way to FRS quickly.

I also have just started an Original account again and I am amazed that it seems attacking other players is sort of frowned upon, and even uneconomic, now that NPCs exist. I am glad I sugested this back to basics tournament.

BFG have yet to twig that the fun in the game is PVP and not farming. They refuse to do as an organisation what they need to do and the user base says they need to do. Replicate the Eljercode scripts and sell them as a maintained premium package, same with openparser and battlementat. Make the money here but keep the charge small. People would pay a regular amount for premium UI as long as it is cheaper than a pint or two a week (but for BFG this would be a regular large income).

Also figure out a way for people to EARN their destroyed fleets back rather than "when it's gone, quit because you can't see the point of carrying on". Make this equitable and not paid, so to keep people in the game (that will earn you long term money) BFG. This may mean swapping RSP points for returned fleet so that you can decide how much RSP you are prepared to give up to get your fleet back.

PS happy to do consultancy because boy do you guys need it.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2013, 01:26:56 AM »
bfgs main problem has always been its lack of business planning...not its game making skills
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2013, 04:56:31 PM »
@ Dark One. I dont think PvP is actually FROWNED upon in SFCO. I think its a case of so many NPCs available, everyone (well most everyone) is leaning towards a live and let live attitude while scrambling to assemble as many easy rank points that NPCs provide. The OA rankings in the top 100-200 or so, changes almost hourly in a lot of groups.
I like your idea about pay for use script(s) though, makes total sense but only if they ban third party scripts or limit their complexity somehow.

Offline DolphinDiver

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2013, 09:08:01 AM »
Yes ther can be cheap and good approaches to improve the game with paid features for small money. I could imagine that if they take 1 credit for each use of parser/simulator that many would use it especially if they add some more convenience or details to it than now exsiting.

Another option instead of paying for parsing could be a commander of type "archive commander" who is storing player summaries from your own esp reports (locations scanned, fleet scanned, techs scanned) with the option to create favorite list. So you can just click on the locations you stored and the commander sends out the default number of proves there etc... So there would be many ideas for real added value without changing basic game mechanics just by making the game more convenient for those who would open their wallets for it.

I also do not understand why BFG is not working on issues like that. I just imagine, I paid for a archive commander. I have all location of a player scanned the days before and they are in my personal library now. I put the player to my personal watchlist, click on the player name and a new "archive galaxy center" opens with all known locations including their time markers of my target visible at the same moment. I click on the commander function "Probe all player locations" and the commander sends out probes to all locations of the player that I know. Would I purchase such a commander? Oh YES I would !!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:15:00 AM by DolphinDiver »

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »
damn that would be awesome...
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Dark One

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2013, 07:27:49 AM »
Ken already has the beta version of this he's been using in the tourney, why do you think he's doing so well and probes so often. Should be public by tourney 6.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »
I wont be making it public...im selfish! ;)
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2013, 07:28:02 PM »
like a prawn or a lobster?
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2013, 08:00:17 PM »
 ;D. Apparently crab
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2013, 01:52:24 PM »
I wouldn't say you're a crab - you were always perfectly pleasant and even offered to snuggle (which was always appreciated)

:)
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

birthmark-ant