contact
December 15, 2018, 12:09:09 AM

Author Topic: Did you recognize...  (Read 2682 times)

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
Re: Did you recognize...
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2013, 02:13:15 AM »
vas..if it was an ideal uni, your slow would be risky as  it is..we including you have known about the lag for a long time...I never want to see the days return that bfg gives back fleets we kill!...not for anyone!
suck it up monkey boy!

Vastet

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2013, 02:34:35 AM »
You're not accounting for the opponent timing the ninja to be as close to the attack arrival as possible without risking lag. I did. If I'd sent the probe even one second earlier I might not have seen the fleet, as 10 seconds is twice as much time as a defender needs to account for lag. In an ideal uni I'd have to look for the ninja at 5 seconds or less, because the defender wouldn't need to account for lag.
I should have had 4 seconds to read the report and recall at the worst. 8 seconds at best. In fact I had 1 or 2 seconds.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2013, 04:29:36 AM »
I'd just like to clarify that I wasn't embarrassed about losing my fleet - in fact, when I got home and saw that I had been taken out, I started writing a congratulations letter to the guys,...

I was in the middle of writing the letter when one of them noticed that I was home and online, and decided to start nuking me for shats and giggles... I don't take kindly to being nuked...

Taking my fleet was one thing - but waiting for me to come home, then, nuking me as soon as you see that I'm online... I wasn't embarrassed, I was pissed off...
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2013, 08:02:46 AM »
I'd just like to clarify that I wasn't embarrassed about losing my fleet - in fact, when I got home and saw that I had been taken out, I started writing a congratulations letter to the guys,...

I was in the middle of writing the letter when one of them noticed that I was home and online, and decided to start nuking me for shats and giggles... I don't take kindly to being nuked...

Taking my fleet was one thing - but waiting for me to come home, then, nuking me as soon as you see that I'm online... I wasn't embarrassed, I was pissed off...

Was it Goo?

I hear he does that :)
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »
Was it Goo?

I hear he does that :)

Naw, never heard of him,... the one who did this to me was mike3155.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2013, 11:45:45 AM »
 :)  I generally do not nuke as well..early in game I will toss a few, but normally I think its silly..each nuke cost half an Athena..i like athenas...and they return home after the attack...if someone wants to nuke me...I have no problems..but they will become a favorite target....this  uni the only one to nuke me was warguy...ask him how he enjoyed being on my favorites list
suck it up monkey boy!

Vastet

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 12:55:06 PM »
That's a very low blow.
I love nukes. They help clear nasty defences like Plasma and Gauss so your Athena and Hades come home, they're perfect for those people who want to pull a last second frs and make you crash into their d, and they're great for smacking down smack-talking noobs. But waiting for someone to come online after you fleeted them, and THEN nuking them is weak beyond description.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »
Ya, it doesn't even make sense, why he would do that. If your gonna nuke a guy, wouldn't you do it during your attack run to reduce your losses?

kru

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 03:15:58 PM »
what monkey is forgetting to tell you is that a) him and kenny were nuking the crap out oif mike for weeks, for simply probing and b) monkey had billions of res sat on his planet.

as for as 'knowing' he was online i can't answer that, but there was a purpose for the nukes.  In fact our alliance boards show that instead of saying anything about being online monkey started nuking so mike was adament to continue.

i do have to laugh so hard at monkey because he tells his storys in a way which causes people to be sympathetic to his cause LOL.....

now mike is , or rather was a player that would happily nuke and in fact he began nuking AFTER your rag tag one piece outfit opted to glass his planet for probing....lets not mention after reading my alliance forums and chat rooms, searching other posts the fact is you and kenny both claimed he was NEVER going to be able to get your fleets.

well he did, and he opted to nuke you out to plunder the billions in rescources.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 04:19:07 PM »
Thanx Kru, for the intel. Makes more sense now, except for the waiting til after the hit to begin the nuke volleyball.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 05:05:12 PM »
what monkey is forgetting to tell you is that a) him and kenny were nuking the crap out oif mike for weeks, for simply probing and b) monkey had billions of res sat on his planet.

as for as 'knowing' he was online i can't answer that, but there was a purpose for the nukes.  In fact our alliance boards show that instead of saying anything about being online monkey started nuking so mike was adament to continue.

i do have to laugh so hard at monkey because he tells his storys in a way which causes people to be sympathetic to his cause LOL.....

now mike is , or rather was a player that would happily nuke and in fact he began nuking AFTER your rag tag one piece outfit opted to glass his planet for probing....lets not mention after reading my alliance forums and chat rooms, searching other posts the fact is you and kenny both claimed he was NEVER going to be able to get your fleets.

well he did, and he opted to nuke you out to plunder the billions in rescources.

You're wrong again Kru... if that's what mike posted on your boards, then he lied on your boards, just like he lied to his "father".

As to point "a":

I had not *ever* fired a single nuke at *any* NCC member prior to mike, dry avenger, and the other "probe guy" blitzing me...

As far as kenny goes, I know that him and mike had some tiff over constant probing - However, if kenny was nuking mike at the time, (1) I was unaware of it, as neither kenny, nor mike informed me about it. (2) That had nothing to do with me, as I had not been nuking anyone.

I know that mike thought that me and kenny were the same person multiaccounting - as he accused me of it several times, despite me offering to let him into the KBF teamspeak to speak to both of us - but any accusations of me of nuking him, if it was kenny doing it, are false - because I am not kenny, and I had never fired a single nuke at him.

In point of fact, I am reasonably certain (around 90%) that I had not ever even probed mike before the aforementioned incident.

However, after this incident took place, I did respond to his probes with nukes, until he stopped probing me.

As to point "b":

This is only a half truth - there were billions there when they attacked me... that's true... however none of them nuked me after probing, during the attack, or even immediately after the attack...

When I got home, I spent down my resources on my main planet building ships, and transported from my colonies to my main, then started writing the letter... Mike saw the timers on my planets while I was moving things around - thus knowing that there was new activity on my planets - he probed all of my planets, and saw that my resources were spent down (minus the resources that were now in transit from my colony planets to my main planet), and that my cargo ships from my colonies were gone, thus knowing that I was online (as I was not timed out), and that's when he started nuking me.

He attacked me - completely unprovoked on my own part, in any form or fashion - then waited for me to get home, and come online - then, after he confirmed that I was moving ships, and spending resources - he started nuking me.

My version of events in chronological order is 100% accurate.

The only thing that I left out, is what I did afterwards... I sent the little (female dog - person's bottom side - son of an unwed couple) a nasty message, with a few expletives in it, and pored every bit of my remaining rez into nuke building to nuke him down - he continued to nuke me, and responded to my message by goading me with taunts, telling me to "bring it on" and about how I "won't stand a chance against him"... to which I replied with more expletives, and a generally nasty message - he managed to push all of the right buttons in me, to turn me very nasty.

If mike was trying to get revenge at me, for kenny nuking him, then he should of said so... but he didn't, instead, he apparently lied about it, just like he lied to his father about what happened. - and for the record, I got hammered publicly for this incident, because apparently mike is a "little kid", and I shouldn't of sent him those messages... but that's a whole nother' story.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:58:48 PM by Monkey D. Luffy »

kru

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »
ye im not disagreeing its a personal thing to do in nuking somebody whilst they are online, even after loosing a fleet, but monkey had 3 options:

1) move it
2) use it
3) loose it

i don't think it was a massive insult to nuke out the defences to plunder the res, but from reading it seems to have got personal between mike, monkey and ken wagner in that area.

but again, online/offline its all legal, nuking is permitted for any reason and in all fairness if you are going to nuke out a player then there is nothing written that the player has to be offline.

personally (again) my preference is not to nuke, but to establish my planets in such a way that if i need to, i will and can.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2013, 06:45:29 PM »
thanks forf clarifying that it was a different :) ken involved...not me!
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2013, 07:22:01 PM »
thanks forf clarifying that it was a different :) ken involved...not me!

Sorry if I didn't make it clear - Renykeny is not the "kenny" being discussed here.

Offline Dark One

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2013, 08:52:06 AM »
I will use nukes when it is the profitable and the strategically correct thing to do, unlike the Nyth63 who didn't like my taking his carms the other day and then shot of 25 individual missile strikes at me claiming he wanted to complete the quest and call me a bully for blowing up his ships.

Some people just don't get that these ships aren't real. I screwed up the other day and lost 40,000dsp to jigger, it was my fault and he made hay out of it. The first thing I did after kicking myself and getting my alliance mates, lol, to recall their fleets was to congratulate him.

I did screw up the other day though when attacking Alldow and mistimed all my missile attacks and they all landed aft my original hit time and definitely after my recall. Was he cross, probably, but also I think he pissed himself laughing at my stupidity after I explained.

Some people get it some don't.