contact
September 16, 2019, 12:34:01 AM

Author Topic: Did you recognize...  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Albert

• View Profile
Re: Did you recognize...
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 08:21:37 PM »
@ vastet - sad to say this is nothing knew.

here's an example - the original uni i sold my account to someone. who admitted on forums and in game that he bought my accuont and crashed it into his own but BFG did not deem that as multi accounting?

took screenshots. shared posts on boards that the culprit posted to his guild. nothing.

Retired from the Original Universe.
Peak - #9 Overall, #8 DSP

Retired from Uni 2
Peak - #10 Overall, #10 DSP

Offline Bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
Zue are you playing?
Everything I say is likely a couple of years out of date

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 10:29:06 PM »
Well,... since we're discussing "the happenings" of players that we've reported... I'll throw in my own .02...

Over the years, I have reported many players that I've suspected of cheating (dozens) for various reasons - and several players of whom have directly told me that they were cheating (and that they'd never be caught, too)... and the only incident where any of the players that I reported were ever suspended, was where nearly half of the NCC alliance got suspended (several of them permanently), after I reported a couple of them - on nothing more than a hunch...

Of course, for honorable mention, Matt told us about one player that he suspended who was running something like 47 (37 maybe?... I don't recall the exact number) accounts at one time - I would of really liked to of known who that was... but Matt wouldn't say.
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

kru

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 01:07:51 AM »
Well,... since we're discussing "the happenings" of players that we've reported... I'll throw in my own .02...

Over the years, I have reported many players that I've suspected of cheating (dozens) for various reasons - and several players of whom have directly told me that they were cheating (and that they'd never be caught, too)... and the only incident where any of the players that I reported were ever suspended, was where nearly half of the NCC alliance got suspended (several of them permanently), after I reported a couple of them - on nothing more than a hunch...

Of course, for honorable mention, Matt told us about one player that he suspended who was running something like 47 (37 maybe?... I don't recall the exact number) accounts at one time - I would of really liked to of known who that was... but Matt wouldn't say.

rofl, mokey reported ncc because they took his fleet, hoping if they got suspended he'd get it back lol.....of course monkey will deny that despite him telling multiple persons at the time.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 01:25:25 AM »
holy crap..thats a blast from the past....albert !
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:09:06 PM by renykeny »
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 05:29:16 AM »
rofl, mokey reported ncc because they took his fleet, hoping if they got suspended he'd get it back lol.....of course monkey will deny that despite him telling multiple persons at the time.

You're only half right Kru... I did suspect foul play with the cheaters who took my fleet... and got suspended... along with the rest of their accounts a full half of their alliance... but I never tried to get my fleet back - I only reported that I suspected those players of cheating - Matt can confirm that not only did I "not ask for my fleet to be returned", but never even mentioned my fleet being destroyed by them in the ticket - I simply reported the names of the players involved, and said that I suspected them of cheating, and asked BFG to look into them.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:31:45 AM by Monkey D. Luffy »
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 12:07:27 PM »
 :(   ive never understood why people..specially hunters are embarrassed or mad about losing a fleetlife gets in the way of a game for everone that has a good r.l    it happens...yup it sucks at time..but dsp is forever
suck it up monkey boy!

Vastet

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 02:44:19 PM »
I wouldn't be embarrassed by rl or a fault with the game, but I certainly would be if there was anything I could have done to prevent it.
Fortunately for me that only happened once, many years ago.

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 07:55:07 PM »
I wouldn't be embarrassed by rl or a fault with the game, but I certainly would be if there was anything I could have done to prevent it.
Fortunately for me that only happened once, many years ago.

or two days ago :(
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 08:01:14 PM »
or now

oh shit - couldnt slow probe so dont know if my attack is GD's or not

19:58:22 - time of impact as player was offline so i went for it just before the downtime

lolz
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Vastet

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 08:26:04 PM »
or two days ago :(

That was BFGs fault, not mine.

Edit:
In fact it was their fault AND their idiocy when Jason had the gall to say I'm some noob who doesn't know how to refresh a page to receive an incoming probe report.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:41:42 PM by Vastet »

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 11:27:14 PM »
nothing personal vas..but most people that have been playing for a long time are sick of bfg returning fleets due to lag or whitesreen....if I am hitting a good player I will slow my attack up to 5 times...a ninja in a uni like this one where we get lag, and whitesceen  is not possible if you are careful....we all know about the whitescreen and lags!
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 11:30:55 PM »
you balso have to remember that the person pulling the ninja has the same difficulty!
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 11:33:54 PM »
I'm some noob

preserved for posterity

Vastet

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 01:46:07 AM »
nothing personal vas..but most people that have been playing for a long time are sick of bfg returning fleets due to lag or whitesreen....if I am hitting a good player I will slow my attack up to 5 times...a ninja in a uni like this one where we get lag, and whitesceen  is not possible if you are careful....we all know about the whitescreen and lags!

I WAS careful. I slowed multiple times, used a decoy slow probe, and a shadow slow probe.
9 seconds has always been enough to account for lag, except with territories. And no, my opponent did NOT have to deal with lag also. I showed you the reports, he had more than a minute to set his ninja. He had no idea I had a shadow probe going in, which happens to be how it caught his fleet.

preserved for posterity

Only fools quote out of context. Are you a fool?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:49:02 AM by Vastet »

birthmark-ant