contact
June 18, 2019, 06:58:12 AM

Author Topic: Oversized "green" NPCs  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Conan

• View Profile
Oversized "green" NPCs
« on: August 28, 2013, 04:44:22 AM »
So I lose my heph and now to be able to do anything I also have to abandon my primary planet with foundry 17 so that my rsp will drop and allow NPCs to be possible targets.  Right now this "green" NPC would take about 15 times my fleet to hit with acceptable losses.  It's green, not red.  Maybe the NPCs and territories could be calibrated on fleet RSP instead of total RSP?  I have only about 100k cap ships and for the in system hit it will take about 2 weeks of hydro unless I find a "donor". LOL  I will not go backwards and abandon my planet.

Encounter Large Abandoned Leviathan ‎[x:xxx:18e] has:

RESOURCES:
* ore: 9,326,077
* crystal: 31,118,435
* hydrogen: 24,152,718

SEEKERS'S SHIPS:
* Artemis Class Fighter: 15,470
* Atlas Class Cargo: 13,343
* Erebus Fighter: 9,511
* Zagreus Class Recycler: 3,772
* Hercules Class Cargo: 6,607
* Dionysus Class Recycler: 3,811
* Curetes Class Cruiser: 3,022
* Poseidon Class Cruiser: 565
* Carmanor Class Cargo: 1,221
* Moros Battleship: 2,322
* Athena Class Battleship: 1,427
* Ares Class Bomber: 1,405
* Hades Class Battleship: 996
* Prometheus Class Destroyer: 488
* Thanatos Class Destroyer: 117
* Zeus Class: 17

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 4,226,020
* Laser Cannon: 744,201
* Pulse Cannon: 219,343
* Particle Cannon: 285,515
* Decoy: 1
* Gauss Cannon: 32,711
* Large Decoy: 1
* Plasma Cannon: 6,220

TECHS:
* Armor Tech: 14
* Shield Tech: 14
* Weapons Tech: 14
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:29:31 AM by Conan »

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
Re: Oversized "green" NPCs
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:47:29 AM »
I know, right?... It sucks to have huge RSP, with a tiny fleet... the NPCs are ridiculous.
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

kru

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
just be glad you can hit them, according to matt H, the maximum rsp value of npcs spawns based on a cap of the #1 rank rsp player, yet i can search from g1:1 - g5:499 and they are (n).....this is despite even alerting matt to this on the forums.

That one actually looks like a VERY small npc to be fair, wait until you start to see them with 300mill+ defences

knew i wasn't imagining it

NPCs are capped only by the RSP of the number 1 player in the game. The will continue to grow and scale based on the players in the game.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:27:39 AM by kru »

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »
The point was that even though it is green to me I would get slaughtered.  My RSP makes them unattainable.  The requirement to buy hydro is also a problem.

Offline Manta_D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »
So I lose my heph and now to be able to do anything I also have to abandon my primary planet with foundry 17 so that my rsp will drop and allow NPCs to be possible targets.  Right now this "green" NPC would take about 15 times my fleet to hit with acceptable losses.  It's green, not red.  Maybe the NPCs and territories could be calibrated on fleet RSP instead of total RSP?  I have only about 100k cap ships and for the in system hit it will take about 2 weeks of hydro unless I find a "donor". LOL  I will not go backwards and abandon my planet.

Encounter Large Abandoned Leviathan ‎[x:xxx:18e] has:

RESOURCES:
* ore: 9,326,077
* crystal: 31,118,435
* hydrogen: 24,152,718

SEEKERS'S SHIPS:
* Artemis Class Fighter: 15,470
* Atlas Class Cargo: 13,343
* Erebus Fighter: 9,511
* Zagreus Class Recycler: 3,772
* Hercules Class Cargo: 6,607
* Dionysus Class Recycler: 3,811
* Curetes Class Cruiser: 3,022
* Poseidon Class Cruiser: 565
* Carmanor Class Cargo: 1,221
* Moros Battleship: 2,322
* Athena Class Battleship: 1,427
* Ares Class Bomber: 1,405
* Hades Class Battleship: 996
* Prometheus Class Destroyer: 488
* Thanatos Class Destroyer: 117
* Zeus Class: 17

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 4,226,020
* Laser Cannon: 744,201
* Pulse Cannon: 219,343
* Particle Cannon: 285,515
* Decoy: 1
* Gauss Cannon: 32,711
* Large Decoy: 1
* Plasma Cannon: 6,220

TECHS:
* Armor Tech: 14
* Shield Tech: 14
* Weapons Tech: 14

Every heard of Mines?

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »
Stupid question.  Mines at this level produce a pittance of what is needed.  In one hit I was getting months worth of mine production. Remember, mines level off over level 30.  The ROI sucks much beyond that and unless you have over a 270 field planet you will run out of fields.  I suspect some have filled over 300 fields.  And now I'm in no-man's land.  I can not attack any territories.

cad guy

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 08:04:20 PM »
I agree that the dead zone needs to go and that the RSP calculation should be Fleet only. I have a hard time hitting territories that are profitable unless I hunt for ones that have not been hit in months. hitting large territories cost in excess of half a billion hydro to launch and that is only 1/3 of my total fleet and the Dreaded wormholes alien fleets are 2-3 times the size of my combined fleets . NPC are a waste of time as they have no profit what so ever and I am sure BFG know this. Due to the current state of the games I will not be starting another BFG game and conquest (the only one I currently play) has become too expensive to play so I doubt that I will be there much longer either. When I go it will be profitless to BFG as no one will gain from my fleet destruction or planets. "Free to play forever" should read "Free to have an account forever" because it is not free to play really.

It is unfortunate that BFG ignore us and are just being stupid regarding their current game theories. BFG will profit now, but in the long run will lose big time as fewer and fewer players will play and as soon as newbies figure out that it is cheaper to buy a game and/or subscription they will quit. I guess BFG wants to close the business as they are killing it long term, so why not scoop as much as possible now is their theory.

I myself am going back to some of the old "retro" games in my library and having a blast compared to playing here.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:33:40 PM by cad guy »

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 02:18:01 AM »
I agree that the dead zone needs to go and that the RSP calculation should be Fleet only. I

How much of your RSP is infrastructure vs ships? I don't know about Conquest but in Nova I'm guessing my RSP is like 90%+ ships... So that change would be marginal at best.

Due to the current state of the games I will not be starting another BFG game and conquest (the only one I currently play) has become too expensive to play so I doubt that I will be there much longer either. When I go it will be profitless to BFG as no one will gain from my fleet destruction or planets. "Free to play forever" should read "Free to have an account forever" because it is not free to play really.

It IS free to play. You confuse free to remain competitive with other big spenders and free to play.

Conquest does seem broken credit spending wise, but all the other Unis, who are also free to play, remain open for small to nonexistent wallets.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 04:18:23 AM »
How much of your RSP is infrastructure vs ships? I don't know about Conquest but in Nova I'm guessing my RSP is like 90%+ ships... So that change would be marginal at best.

I would say that generally Conquest is even more ship-intensive than Nova.  Ore and Crystal mines especially are pretty pointless.  The problem here is that

I lose my heph

which presumably contained all of his ships, especially his attack ships (probably his recyclers as well).  You definitely don't want to FRS the numbers of ships that get built in Conquest if you can help it.

This is a known weakness of NPCs which had been present since they were introduced in SDE.  It's a chicken-and-egg problem where in order to make use of them you have to have a large enough proportion of your RSP as fleet, but if you weren't planning for that from the beginning (or you lose your fleet), where do you get the res to build the fleet?  In all other universes it's finally been fixed by removing newbie protection for NPCs.  (Of course, I've always understood that one of the justifications for NPCs is that they encourage players to build fleets which can be blown up by other players, which this fix weakens.)

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 03:10:46 PM »
NPC's suck like a mofo if you lose your fleet, there should be wee tiny ones that you can hit using a Dio or two, maybe an artie or three
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »
Awe build more ships...

simple
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

Offline Conan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »
Gee Boris, why didn't I think of that??  Build them with what?  Mine production??  All territories are 'n' to me and all NPCs are sized based on total RSP, not fleet RSP.  I'm in no-man's land.  Even 9 planets with 35/35/35 mines would take many months, maybe years, to be able to build ships enough.  But I guess you're happy with the current status of Conquest.  Which is the way of the Dodo.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
As Cicero would say, Nec cibos troglodytam.

cad guy

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 10:38:19 PM »
That does not translate in any language......try English next time unless you have a degree in that language.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 10:50:07 PM »
It does translate in any language. It's Latin.