contact
March 21, 2019, 10:07:40 AM

Author Topic: maintence  (Read 1720 times)

kru

Re: maintence
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 01:37:39 AM »
I apologize for the brief downtime. We've cleared up all the stuck tasks and we'll keep an eye on things so that it hopefully doesn't repeat again this weekend. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to communicate with you sooner about the problem or resolve it quicker. Unfortunately,  despite how often I'm on Facebook and the forum, I'm only on the clock Monday through Friday from 10AM to 6PM and I have other obligations outside of those hours.

no worries, it's a job not a chore.  Any clues as to what went wrong, or is it the same old same old as what always seems to go wrong when this happens?

Offline Flydutchmn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 02:19:22 AM »
Matt - If I told my customers what you just told us I would be looking for a new job...What kind of support is that for a loyal customer base?? You have 24x7 customers so don't make excuses for being over extended...IMHO

Offline mredmondm

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 02:29:58 AM »
Thanks for fixing! For me, it was timing. I was just going to move my fleet and bang! No more server.

Offline Dark Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 03:38:33 AM »
It really was a short if unexpected downtime.  With players on worldwide 24/7 BFG should have someone on-call 24/7. If that isn't in Matt's job description then hire more help.  Most companies that have users 24/7 have someone in that capacity.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 12:46:56 PM »
Matt - If I told my customers what you just told us I would be looking for a new job...
Good thing I don't have your job then.

What kind of support is that for a loyal customer base?? You have 24x7 customers so don't make excuses for being over extended...IMHO
What kind of support didn't we give for a loyal customer base? We recognized the problem on a Saturday night and we fixed the problem on a Saturday night. Submit a ticket to Zynga and let me know how they feel about your problems after the 3 or 4 days it takes for them to get back to you. I'm happy to help users as quickly as I can, and I frequently check on the game status throughout my off hours, but there are times I'm going to be spending time with my wife or family or tending to some other obligation. I hope you can understand.

Most companies that have users 24/7 have someone in that capacity.
We're happy to hire as many people as you'd like to have someone monitor the game 24/7. We'll just need you to front the cash for their salaries. Okay?
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 04:50:35 PM »
What kind of support didn't we give for a loyal customer base? We recognized the problem on a Saturday night and we fixed the problem on a Saturday night. Submit a ticket to Zynga and let me know how they feel about your problems after the 3 or 4 days it takes for them to get back to you. I'm happy to help users as quickly as I can, and I frequently check on the game status throughout my off hours, but there are times I'm going to be spending time with my wife or family or tending to some other obligation. I hope you can understand.

Time with your family? Stop being so damn unreasonable and stop having a life. I for one need you to answer all my whims and envies.

Also, I think everyone's missed the elephant in the room. It's MAINTENANCE ffs.

Offline Dark Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 10:37:49 PM »
Jeez Matt get a grip .. I don't think my comments were nasty .. Conquest (only) was down for a SHORT time.  The game was back up within .. I don't know 15 minutes if that.  YOU aren't the only person working there and YOU shouldn't be the only person keeping an eye on things.  When you work in IT there is usually a group that takes turns being on-call.  If it is split between even 4 people that means everyone gets a life and doesn't get called at 2 a.m.  BFG isn't a mom and pop company you are running out of your garage.
Anyone who is playing conquest is using credits so I contribute my share towards that salary. (Totally my choice)

Vastet

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »
Matt H
We're happy to hire as many people as you'd like to have someone monitor the game 24/7. We'll just need you to front the cash for their salaries. Okay
-------------
Dark Hunter
Anyone who is playing conquest is using credits so I contribute my share towards that salary.
-------------

I agree. The salary is already being paid for.

Offline Stefen Reincarnate

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 12:59:58 AM »
I know I have spent more on this broken game then I have in 2 years at Stardrift........MATT, you need a vacation and a raise to put up with the constant bitching on here....or an assistant...but the game dynamics on this version are so outta whack...the maintenance issues are going to get worse.....maybe time for a reset?  Like Tournament does?  but tweak those parts about this version that are causing problems?  This version was so close to everything we had been asking you all to do for several years.....everything we asked for, you all gave us......and now that we have the game on steroids we all wanted.......its not working....its still almost zero PvP, and has become space based FARMville only with territories...Hell, its not even worth our time to look at inactive players now....easier and more profitable to hit a territory.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 04:40:38 PM »
or an assistant...

I think they should contract with somebody in south Asia to do evening and weekend support.

easier and more profitable to hit a territory.

Don't worry so much.  That's why the RSP holes are there.