contact
September 18, 2018, 07:46:55 PM

Author Topic: Soooo mildly annoyed  (Read 2377 times)

Offline nitehealer

• It is what it is
    • Facebook - alicia.ashmore.1
    • View Profile
    • Raid healing
Soooo mildly annoyed
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:24:15 PM »
that is all
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:57:40 PM by nitehealer »
~Que Sera Sera~

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
Re: Soooo mildly annoyed
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »
ha ha N00bs and their anoyance

http://tournament.openparser.com/search.php?cp=4243&search=p&exact=true&query=Nitehealer

Where could they be?

NITEHEALER'S SHIPS:
* Hermes Class Probe: 2,811
* Helios Class Solar Satellite: 77
* Artemis Class Fighter: 9,318
* Atlas Class Cargo: 812
* Apollo Class Fighter: 910
* Erebus Class Fighter: 1,182
* Zagreus Class Recycler: 28
* Charon Class Transport: 13
* Hercules Class Cargo: 281
* Empusa Class Fighter: 517
* Dionysus Class Recycler: 111
* Curetes Class Cruiser: 665
* Poseidon Class Cruiser: 558
* Carmanor Class Cargo: 20
* Pallas Class Bomber: 5
* Moros Class Battleship: 57
* Athena Class Battleship: 760
* Ares Class Bomber: 143
* Hades Class Battleship: 425
* Prometheus Class Destroyer: 102
* Thanatos Class Destroyer: 1

DEFENSES: (448 nukes needed)
* Missile Battery: 8,024
* Laser Cannon: 2,563
* Space Mine: 456
* Pulse Cannon: 259
* Particle Cannon: 120
* Anti-Ballistic Missile: 44
* Decoy: 1
* Interplanetary Ballistic Missile: 13
* Gauss Cannon: 91
* Large Decoy: 1
* Plasma Cannon: 165

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:25:43 PM by Phil M »
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline nitehealer

• It is what it is
    • View Profile
    • Raid healing
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »
see the beauty is if you smell bs you can type it.  if theres no bs going on, then thats it, if there is then well it gets shown.
~Que Sera Sera~

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 10:00:26 PM »
well enough people messaged me in game to tell me what you suspected and had said and also Google cashe is a thing

Heres a hint

Don't come out of p mode at 06:00 game time - you will get probed irrespective of your rank (the only people in the game I don't probe are alliance mates from other unis Iconic & Sheep lover and I don't probe Mama or Vas as i chat to them)

And before you ask if I'm scared of going up against large fleets because I don't probe them:

http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=15745
http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=15875
http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=18745

You are in an allaince with some really great players - listen to them when they give out advice as they really do know what they're doing and if I had the chance to learn from them I would be jumping at it; some really well respected players in that alliance!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:53:15 PM by Phil M »
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

Offline nitehealer

• It is what it is
    • View Profile
    • Raid healing
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 10:04:26 PM »
If the advice made sense I would.  lol  but no one would give me a real answer, instead I get parser, which I'm using parcer but that didn't answer the other 20 things. It wasnt the timeing and you should know that.  speed was only 1 part of it. 

ps. on a side note, as I already told everyone, I think your great and personally I like you as a person on the game, but it still did not add up.

So when people couldn't give me a real answer other than they didn't think you were and they could do it fast to (but couldn't really) I looked it up and found scripts it was a simple question on it. thats it.

people do stuff all the time on games.  u can get mad that I asked, but if peopel dont ask, then no one will ever know if someone is.
~Que Sera Sera~

Offline nitehealer

• It is what it is
    • View Profile
    • Raid healing
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 10:11:48 PM »
ur whole life is linked to your account lol. I just noticed that.
~Que Sera Sera~

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 10:52:13 PM »
well i have nothing to hide - and i spend a lot of time parsing the tourney so that other people have up to date information of locations

i fly solo and am not part of an allaince so have to do everything myself nad i work rather hard to strategise so i build the right thing at the right time

the only scripts i use i put on a couple of weeks ago - open parser script to update the database and the esp formatter that gives the total ships in the message line and also some other info like how  many atlas/hercs to use to get all the loot etc

Offline nitehealer

• It is what it is
    • View Profile
    • Raid healing
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 10:59:11 PM »
the parser thing makes more sense then anything tbh.  that explains a lot of the main questions I had about it. 
~Que Sera Sera~

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 11:51:24 PM »
So when people couldn't give me a real answer other than they didn't think you were and they could do it fast to (but couldn't really)
(bold mine)

I remember probing you well within Icon's 1ish min margin
http://awesomescreenshot.com/01f1os80f0
20 sec diff... really isn't difficult in any sort of way.

And before you ask if I'm scared of going up against large fleets because I don't probe them:

http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=15745
http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=15875
http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=18745

1st is a #15 player that I don't know so I can't really comment. Decent I guess.
2nd is against a #1 player, which is way more impressive, except if it's the same goomeister that the one who was in Nova, he's an awful, awful player.
3rd one is viper again, except lower ranked.

All in all, not the bestest proof out there. Show me mo money!

ur whole life is linked to your account lol. I just noticed that.

Time for a restraining order?

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 06:45:11 AM »
I notice that you are no longer in that allaince, what gives Pants dear boy? I'm sure you could pass on some spread sheets or game advice

And I love all my little hits, pre NPC's and bloated fleets - back in the day when the game was less out of control and you could at lease use your brain rather than relying on all these certified hits on targets that don't or can't move

And there was a story behind 2 of those hits with a third missing (I told Matt that shadow probes would ruin the game for a lot of players and those that were better with their strategy would quickly benefit)

I told him I would get 3 fleets, we hunted and got 3 fleets all different ways :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:08:53 PM by Phil M »

Vastet

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 11:22:51 AM »
Pantin wants to kill me so he left. Problem is he can't kill me because he's stuck in one little system and doesn't hunt or travel and I'm not dumb enough to attack so there wasn't really a point. Ah well.

As to the whole issue that started this, I thought I explained it rather well. Being probed within minutes of leaving p is not in any way special. Any full blooded hunter will tell you that they refresh the leaderboard and/or the galaxy page their prey resides in constantly, and take notes on what times the fleet is there and isn't there. That hit I got on War Guy in the battle reports section? I refreshed that system every 5 minutes or less for 7 straight hours until his fleet showed up, and 15-20 minutes after it showed up it was dead. If the galaxy was as packed as X or O was 4 years ago I wouldn't even have had to do that. But frs ninjas are much less likely to work these days so I didn't bother with that strategy.
And having probes land within seconds of each other is simple. I demonstrated that.

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »
lol do ya know as much as I have ribbed young pants in his tighty whities I'm also pretty sure that he didn't really start playing until a good couple of weeks (minimum) into the uni

I'm pretty sure with his RSP hes got going on he would actually have been way ahead based on % v time and all that math baloney

Just a shame hes not hunted, thats when the game of luck and chance comes into play with no oracles and so many hostiles all packed tight

If I could take his fleet i'd go for it without hesitation but I dont think I can as there are a few bits and pieces hidden away for a rainy day that I cant be sure of and i'm damned sure if he could take mine he would be on my doorstep in an instant

I think he might just be making a wee rush for the goal lines soon

Vastet

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 02:21:38 PM »
He doesn't have time. His ore mines are slightly better than mine, but I have better crystal and hydro and I have more farms and I look for fleets to kill while he sits around hoping for ninjas. He was catching up for a little bit but I'm gaining on him now. I'd have to get blown up or take a couple days off for anyone other than you to catch me in rsp now.

Offline silly_me

• Skype - elvis.perlsly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 03:12:34 PM »
yea, I'm annoyed with this uni.

not enough people, if I start probing, I end up farming, and that means I'm taking resources away from the players I'm rooting for.
I'll probably just ride p mode until the end, too much work, too little time.  Not sure how I ever cracked the top 15 while working full time, coaching soccer, raising 2 kids, playing pick up sports 2-3 times a week, taking care of a sick parent and a load of other crap.  If I can crack #11 rank while doing all that, this game is in serious trouble.

elvis perlsly
(not elvis presley)

Offline Phil M

• Skype - thesevenlevels
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 03:20:33 PM »
He doesn't have time. His ore mines are slightly better than mine, but I have better crystal and hydro and I have more farms and I look for fleets to kill while he sits around hoping for ninjas. He was catching up for a little bit but I'm gaining on him now. I'd have to get blown up or take a couple days off for anyone other than you to catch me in rsp now.

Makes you wonder - I've had a nice two days off with no points gain at all - now back on it :)

birthmark-ant