contact
August 17, 2019, 02:56:47 PM

Author Topic: ALL npcs gryed and unattackable in conquest  (Read 2580 times)

kru

ALL npcs gryed and unattackable in conquest
« on: September 27, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »
I have tried to bring this to the attention of BFG on a few occassions, but Matt's response simply tells me how it should work, not that it is or isn't working....

it was and is my understanding, through statements made by Matt H, that NPCs (as in urcath, Krug, Seekers) have no RSP limit (as such), and will never exceed the RSP cap of the player ranked number 1..

This in turn means that attackable NPCs should be found and available to be attack by all levels of players despite their own RSP rank...

Why is, if this is the case , and despite attempting to, on 3 occassions bring to Matt H's attention, that for at least 2 months there has been 0, none, absolutely nothing in the way of NPCs attackable for me and thats across all 5 galaxies.....

whilst others attack npcs and territories i now have to sit back and perhaps constantly probe the 107 people spread thinner than npcs or just do nothing...sit idle and perhaps run a few missions, rely on mine output and stockpiled rescources to do very little....

ok ok, not to sound like the usual whiner (trying anyway) if this is working as intended in that (since it was discovered BFG were offerring gains to players not to attack NPCS) then it can only be surmised that in fact this game is and has been designed to thwart retention, and actually promote players crashing fleets to drop rsp

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: ALL npcs gryed and unattackable in conquest
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
You have to leave neutrality protection to see what NPCs are available to you.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline ISS Hawk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:30:52 PM »
DAMM!!

;D
The Honor, Was Mine.

▌<╬> ▌

kru

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 01:51:19 PM »
You have to leave neutrality protection to see what NPCs are available to you.

no shit.......

so what about when i'm not p mode and they are all still (n)

oh my days, no wonder your games are in such a massive decline if this is the respnse given....i am not so stupid as to know you cannot attack whilst in p mode, but obviously you are not wise enough to know that even in P MODE NPCS, territories and players that you can attack only have the ICONS greyed out

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
I don't know about you, but when people respond with insults instead of civil discourse, I'm much less inclined to examine their alleged problem.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
kru

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 02:15:17 PM »
I don't know about you, but when people respond with insults instead of civil discourse, I'm much less inclined to examine their alleged problem.

yep, but then if i am paid to do a job i'll still do it regardless of the discourse...

perhaps if you had asked if the problem was persistant when p mode was disabled instead of stating 'You have to leave neutrality protection to see what NPCs are available to you. then the response would have been significantly different

kru

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 02:16:54 PM »
so, i will offer my genuine apologies provided you also see  and accept, that a response is always determined by the presenting factors (in the case how you asked what you did)

Vastet

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 03:52:16 PM »
Didn't you know that everyone outside of bfg staff is a noob to bfg staff, no matter how long they've played the game?
The last time I filed a ticket I was told I had to refresh the page to see a new message in my inbox. I'd have never guessed that!!

::)

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
provided you also see  and accept, that a response is always determined by the presenting factors (in the case how you asked what you did)

That's kinda what he did with you too. Hinting that because you're paid to do a job, you open yourself up to getting all kinds of unwarranted grief from your clientele is just wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretentious douche too, I just don't expect people to treat me any differently than I treat them, regardless of whether they're working or not.

As for Matt jumping to the simplest conclusion, it had nothing to do with his judgment of your intelligence or lack of. When you work in customer service, you learn quickly that 95% of the time the simplest solution is the right solution to customer problems. Jumping to overly complicated shit makes no sense as it's a complete waste of time most of the time. If you don't want a simple answer then provide enough information in your query to move things along past the first simpler steps.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »
When you work in customer service, you learn quickly that 95% of the time the simplest solution is the right solution to customer problems.

Exactly.

Customer calls in: "I just got home and hooked up my new computer, and it isn't working at all!!!"
Me: "Right,... ok, let's start with the basics,... have you plugged it in yet?"
Customer: "Umm... no..."
Me: "Right,... lets give that a try first..."
Customer: "I plugged it in, but nothing happened."
Me: "Right,... did you press the power button?"
Customer: "... Erm... no."
Me: "Right,... Mmm k,... let's try going ahead and pressing the power button to turn it on then..."
Customer: Oh!,... it's doing something!"
Me: "Right..."

That's how 3 out of every 10 calls to tech support go... I spent 6 months at it... never again.
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 09:57:02 PM »
Customer service makes you want to blow your brains out.

I had someone scream at me because she knew ONE way to get from her house to work and that road was closed. So instead of just taking the next street she found our number, called it, and gave us hell for 10 minutes. Somehow she thought it was a more constructive use of her time.

Offline CAPTAIN SKEENAN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 01:26:46 AM »
Bored

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 01:38:16 AM »
So instead of just taking the next street she found our number, called it, and gave us hell for 10 minutes. Somehow she thought it was a more constructive use of her time.

[misogyny]She knew she would have gotten lost if she had tried that, whereas talking with people is something she is good at.[/misogyny]

kru

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 07:30:57 AM »
i understand why you guys didn't remain in customer focus jobs for long :/

In fact, i had placed a ticket (which was responded to before this thread) the kinda post made here by Matt actually insinuates the customer is 'thick'.

Yes, often the simplest is the most obvious, but this is NOT the first i have informed matt of this problem on this forum, therefore i could simply argue Matt didn;t do his job in the first place.....

in fact, the first 2 lines of my post indicate just that... therefore, it is safe to say the simplest solution doesn't apply...

In your example pantin, if the same customer phoned again after 10 minutes, would you again imply that the power cable needs to be plugged in and the power button pressed????

I think not, as you would have had that established already

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 06:44:07 PM »
During the 6 months that I worked in the PC tech center, do you want to know what my most favorite [and I mean that in the most seethingly sarcastic manner possible] calls were...

People who bought brand new "wireless" laptops, and couldn't figure out how to turn them on... so they call in, and of course you have to ask, "have you plugged it in?", and they reply back to you - "It's a wireless laptop moron, that's why I bought it, so that I don't have to plug the damn thing in..." ... ... ... Riiiiight - *click*.
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

birthmark-ant