contact
April 01, 2020, 01:04:22 AM

Author Topic: Mobile App (a new look on it)  (Read 2302 times)

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
Mobile App (a new look on it)
« on: September 29, 2013, 04:40:05 AM »
Yes i know this has been suggested. But never has seemed to be really considered. If our friends at BFG would consider this i can see the game growing alot. Just look at the fact that PC sales are down and tablet and mobile devices are up. I and alot of players i know play on our phones most of the time. We like to take the game with us and keep a eye on our fleets and communicate with our alliance.

Plus this game (a version of it) is already been made into a ios game. I downloaded it on my Iphone and took a look. It's setup nice and neat and looks good in my opinion. Seems to work very smoothly too. This just shows if that company can do it, the talent at BFG can do it too. I know i'm not alone wanting this. I know many that do, and i'm sure many of you i don't know want it too.

I'll add some pics of game i'm talking about.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:39:23 PM by Matt H »

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
Re: Mobile App (a new look on it)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 04:41:39 AM »
A few more pics.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:50:48 PM by Matt H »

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:42:18 AM »
Last pics.

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:42:37 AM »
Sorry it took so many post. I can only add 4 pics per post i think.

But i wanted to show how the game looks like this one. It looks like making this kind of game into a app is really doable.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 12:40:36 PM »
We're well aware of the game you're referencing. However, I've removed your references to the name of the game and the screenshot of the game in the app store so that this thread doesn't violate our rule against advertising other similar games.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 03:41:25 PM »
It was not my intent to break that rule or actually advertise that game. I just wanted to show that this game with all of its features could be brought down to app size.

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 11:38:55 PM »
I would buy an app for this game if it was reasonable ... if it had the same iterations. I play only in Original Universe.
War Commander Dark Disciple Of Muad'Dib [Based Ωn]

Quote from: Pliny the Elder
"The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach."

Offline Unownreality

• Skype - white.mamba.
    • Twitter - @white__mamba_
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »
I agree. Get into the  21st century BFG! you can make far more money, and more players in the game.
SFCO- Unownreality (Ret.)
2009-2014

SFC Conquest
Unownreality (Ret.)
2013-2014
Leader of Arcane Angels

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 02:48:25 AM »
I'm not expecting it to be free. I'm sure if BFG actually came to terms knowing we need this to assure a good gaming future here, they would want compensated for the work. I would pay for it.

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 01:14:25 AM »
To quote a friend at SDE.

"ctr
Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 07:40:57 PM

To be honest if BFG don't release an Android version of this within the next couple of years what will be the point of playing it ? When our laptops start to 'die' are we all going to go and buy the new Windows or get a Tablet that is more portable and find a similiar game ? True some need a laptop/tower for work, others enjoy PC Games. But the Technology is changing and not just Sony/XBox/Steam, 5 years ago who would of had a TV linked to the Net running Chrome and was able to Stream games/film form their phone to the TV.

It has to change or we will be like the last of the Mammoths fighting over the last few pieces of Tundra."

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 01:14:59 AM »
Very much agree with you CTR.

Matt, i know that converting the existing universes to have a mobile app to them would be big task. I'm not a programmer but i can imagine it would be difficult.

But i would like to comment off a quote.

"Matt H
Blue Frog Gaming

Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 04:04:06 AM

Farmville and Starfleet are fundamentally different games with different player bases. Our plans are to continue to release new Tournament Seasons as each season ends and to release new Universes approximately every 6 months."

http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=20228.0

The part i'm interested in is "and to release new Universes approximately every 6 months." Then somebody goes on to say "expect me to start over every six months is dumb as hell". And your response was "We don't expect you too. This is why all of the Old Universes still exist. However, there are players that like the 'build up' phase of the game and enjoy starting over so we give them that options with new Universes."

And this is very true too. The first part of the game is very exciting.

The point of my post... Matt, if BFG plans to keep this game rolling with new universes, is it likely that BFG will make an app version of this game for those universes? I and many others believe for this game to survive that is a must. You guys already have a few app games on IOS. Not sure about android. Don't have that kind of phone.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:19:53 AM by JacksRage »

Offline gohabsgo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 08:25:01 PM »
And people with BlackBerry s' can only hope lol.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Offline VikingTurd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »
Looks like BFG's mobile version will be better than this game shown.

Offline Phil M

• Facebook - phil.mcbride.3
    • Skype - thesevenlevels
    • Twitter - philipmcbride
    • View Profile
    • Phil Mc Bride
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 12:49:33 PM »
the game cannot be played properly on an iOS or Android app s why bother integrating?

The app wouldnt offer anything that the web based browser on any mobile device could
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.

birthmark-ant