contact
October 15, 2019, 02:06:07 PM

Author Topic: Social Quests  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Stina Starr

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/hodgsonsurvivor
    • View Profile
Social Quests
« on: October 31, 2013, 06:02:25 PM »
Hi. I'm new to the game. A friend told me about it but isn't playing anymore. How do I make friends and join an alliance? I've offered trades but no one is taking them... Should I give up on these quests?

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
Re: Social Quests
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 07:38:45 PM »
No, you should not give up on being social.  Co÷perating with other players is an important part of the game.  Once you join an alliance it should be pretty easy to buddy and trade with the other members.  If you click on an alliance tag in the galaxy screen there should be a join request button.  Before you do that you can also check out the Alliances forum here for the universe you're playing.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »
hi!

It's somewhat of a dog eat dog game, so a lot of the player base won't cooperate/work with outside of alliance players. Like Zarchne said, find yourself an alliance and work within it. You'll find it easier and more rewarding than trying to work with random people who might or might not be trusthworthy/useful/nice.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 08:26:24 PM »
Ok...how tied to an alliance are you? I kinda wanted to join the one my friend was in but they're in a war at the moment. I don't want to mess anything up with my inexperience...

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 09:50:51 PM »
Ah, that is a pickle.  Of course, the game allows you to leave an alliance at any time.  (Except maybe if you're under attack... at least, you can't be kicked out in that case.)

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 01:43:36 AM »
You seem to be playing SFCO. I'm in SFC Nova.

Different unis.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 01:26:58 PM »
Thanks everyone! I joined an alliance that seems to fit well with my personality. I'm going to go with this and keep plugging away at learning my way around.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »
You will find also that there is a lot of guidance to be obtained by asking other (non-alliance) players. Although as stated by Pantin, you need to determine if the information source is trustworthy.
Players most likely to help you are those in the top 20 or so. They dont feel so threatened by helping out a newer player. (at least, I dont)
You never did indicate what uni you are playing in. If SFCO, pm me in game and I may be able to help. I have long term associations with most of the better alliances, so if you have joined one of them, they will tell you I am a "straight-up" player.

Offline Stina Starr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 08:20:55 PM »
Oh...I am playing the Original version. I'll try to find you...

Offline gypsy88

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 05:27:47 AM »
Trusting las is like trusting the fox in the hen house!!!! Haha j/k he's OK...if your in SFCO lookup gypsy I'll send you rez welcome to the universe...

birthmark-ant