contact
July 09, 2020, 01:32:11 PM

Author Topic: Luke Butcher [AA] and his band of merry men Vs Commander C  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Fleet Pirate

• View Profile
Re: Luke Butcher [AA] and his band of merry men Vs Commander C
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 03:12:17 PM »
Great team work, and a very nice hit.  DSP lasts forever :)

Offline The Blood King

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »
i wish i could be in on a highly suspicious series of coincidences.

Vastet

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 05:32:39 PM »
I'd love to one day see a tally of how many people there are here who would deny the moon landing and fervently claim that 911 was an inside job planned by the US government. I'm thinking there'd be quite a few.

Offline 1amV1per1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 06:55:43 PM »

Hmmmmmmm! just so much jealousy ................ the real players are the ones who have praised and realised it took some getting together ... and yes we made some mistakes , but the only person who doesn't make a mistake are the ones who stay home and don't play

Offline PUReFILTH

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 07:00:26 PM »

John, I was involved in this Hit. You know i don't deal with the cheating side of the game, so when I tell you this was a Legit target which was found then hit, you can take my word for it.... Unless you're claiming I'm a shifty character now?

Offline Wargasm

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 12:31:02 AM »
You guys waste your time trying to reason with them.  Some folks get jealous that they lack the planning and coordination skills to make hits like this happen. 

Just say it.  "You're a cheater because you're better than me" and be done with it.

Personally I don't understand why people get bent out of shape about hits like these.  It took 6 fleets to kill this one, and it takes 3+ to kill most players.  There is very little solo play in Conquest unless you like hephing around and smacking terri fleets.

Offline Zax

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 01:32:39 AM »
Very nicely done to all involved    ;) . Even though no guesswork was involved in the location of the drop, which was leaked a few days earlier.

1 bee sting can hurt. Many bee stings can kill. SWARM

Offline Despicableme

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 02:11:16 AM »
Leaked or not leaked... great teamwork and great hit. Dont let others blacken the moment... Be proud of what you just accomplished. Well played!!!
R.I.P Baby!!!

Offline Leela

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 02:42:34 AM »
Leaked or not leaked... great teamwork and great hit. Dont let others blacken the moment... Be proud of what you just accomplished. Well played!!!

Actually if the location was leaked a few days earlier then it is against the dsp rule.

Congrats on the organizational skills to those players involved, unfortunately with the accusations the location was leaked ahead of time it does not have the same impact it would have had.

Offline The Blood King

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 03:43:14 AM »
i take marks word for it then, i think above anyone (me included) he is the most legit player here.

Offline PUReFILTH

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 09:10:22 AM »

Actually if the location was leaked a few days earlier then it is against the dsp rule.

Congrats on the organizational skills to those players involved, unfortunately with the accusations the location was leaked ahead of time it does not have the same impact it would have had.

I would Like to know where and when This was supposedly Leaked? Because the last I read of it, he said he was going to have it drop in 3 days, good luck finding and hitting it.. A member of the Alliance Found it while he was scanning for targets and alerted the rest of us who then organised a GA ( i was actually in bed when this first started ) and i kinda pushed my way into it when i signed on lol.. I can assure you this was 100% legit, but its become tarnished by accusations unfortunately.

Vastet

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 09:53:00 PM »
The fact is that it is easy to find a target like this. It doesn't actually take very long to look through every system in every galaxy. I've done it a few times. The people who actually parse galaxies do it fairly often. It showed up in g1, which is the most densly populated galaxy. In a system which had a few of CC's planets, guaranteeing it would be watched. Not to mention that the alliance who got it has more than 40 players (many of whom are vets), who all have their own connections throughout the uni.

It was inevitable that it would be found, and quickly. The fact that it was alive 8 hours after it was found is indisputable proof that its location was NOT leaked. If it had been leaked, it would have been blown up long before the system was locked down and those who took Luke's heph had been set up to do so. All the arrangements that were made after it was found would have already been made. Schedules would have been alligned before it landed, not after.

Offline The Blood King

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 02:09:06 AM »
I stand corrected and apologize for assuming it was a set up, i seen the evidence and it was a legit hit, again I apologize.

Offline Wingman

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 09:50:18 AM »
You know I guess I will step into this ring of BS with wanting to have someone call me a cheater!  I am actually the one who found the Heph.  I am the one who let my alliance know it was down and where to find it.  I had no idea where it was supposed to be as I don't get to read these forums as much as I used to.  I had no idea that Commander C was even thinking about quitting the game.  I found a Heph and planets dark and did something about it.  I did know that he launched a few days ago and never came back.  We had been playing the cat and mouse game for about a month before finding the Heph.  The other morning I saw it down and had to have someone probe it for me as I was actually in P mode.  Let the first person call me a cheater and I will stand back and laugh in their face as I do believe that I am well known in the game for being very fair.  So to all the nay sayers on who found it and how this was coordinated if anyone wants to they are very much encouraged to message me and I will be more than happy to give the full account of how and when I found it.  And I will dare the first person to say I did it illegally.   

Offline Leela

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 01:18:27 PM »
Personally I don't think it is just this particular battle people claim is suspicious, I think it is pretty much every one where people have publicly announced their retirement from any uni. Sadly there has been a lot of so called "retirement parties" in the past that have made players wary of the validity of any future retirements.

In any case it is extremely difficult to prove to the nay sayers that this or any other battle is legit.This is one of those times you just have to say "screw it I know it was legit" and ignore the negative comments.

The one thing no one can take away from you is the way you all worked together and organized your fleets,planets/moons to get the job done. That in itself was a huge win for all of you and definitely worthy of a huge congrats!!
In the end you all got the dsp and it should not matter what others think at this point.