contact
July 22, 2019, 08:40:41 PM

Author Topic: Territories  (Read 9172 times)

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
Re: Territories
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
It takes double the resources to achieve each Construction level.  First, you pay for the Foundry level to reduce the Construction build time & then the cost for the Construction level itself.

Yes.  When you consider that Construction costs twice as much as Foundry, you're actually paying triple relative to other universes.  And then I say, “And your point is?”

Offline Hank77

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2014, 01:17:36 AM »
The point is that it is expensive relative to other universes.  I think you got it.

Offline Klaattu

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »
I've searched, but can't seem to find any spawning rules (search:spawn) for territories other than they are based on the number of players. Do they follow the same guidelines as NPC's?

1. Does each territory type have an equal chance of spawning as another territory type?

2. Guessing time to expiration is random within certain limits?

3. What rules apply to where territories spawn?

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »
There is an equal chance for each territory type. The location and duration are random within some predefined bounds which we have not disclosed.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Hank77

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2014, 01:13:46 PM »
Here is one that may bring a smile to some people's faces.  I came across an unoccupied Labor Territory which also had the GD icon beside it.  So, I figured what the heck, GD with a probe.  I was allowed to do so.   8)

Within minutes I had already received 6 Battle Reports from people trying to take it over.  Then I thought maybe I would add a few Posies to the mix and start collecting DSP for smashed probes.  Thirteen minutes later Crystal starts piling (well maybe not exactly piling @ 300 Crystal/ per probe) up in orbit around the planet.  Some people were more persistent than others.  One person actually made 8 or 10 attempts and a few were in the 6 to 8 range.  All sent at least 2 attacks!

All told 12 different players made a play for the Labor Territory in a 2 hour period.  The total number of attacks was 38 before someone finally sent other than probes and killed my 2 Posies & probe.  This gave me a glimpse into how highly valued a Labor Territory is and how desperate some people are in trying to acquire one.  Regardless, I had fun with it and so did some of the attackers when they messaged asking what was going on.   :)

birthmark-ant