contact
August 22, 2019, 03:54:26 PM

Author Topic: 24 hour P marker  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
Re: 24 hour P marker
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 01:05:13 PM »
It will go in as soon as it's ready. It requires code changes to add.

Accounts already in neutrality protection holding territories when it goes live will get to stay in neutrality protection with those territories. But if they leave protection, they won't be able to activate it again until they've release the Territories.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline GordonK

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 07:06:29 PM »
It will go in as soon as it's ready. It requires code changes to add.

Accounts already in neutrality protection holding territories when it goes live will get to stay in neutrality protection with those territories. But if they leave protection, they won't be able to activate it again until they've release the Territories.
Let me help
If pmode=true and territoriesheld
 Then denypmode

:-P

Offline Dark Eye

• Still Playing?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 08:58:37 PM »
Let me help
 Then denypmode

:-P

I think it should state

Then DROP RECORD // Current Player //

Alliance Leader of Empire in U3 and E3

Offline Boris Alden

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, 05:40:25 PM »
I think there is enough territory attacks going on with out giving terries away because people cannot hold it if in p mode...

P stands for protection - territories won't get built up game will fall over.

At the moment I cannot build ships fast enough to take a resource terrie and lose it because I will be asleep is just ridiculous.

Well it will save me a fortune I'll just fold this game.... 
Boris Alden
tlhLngan qLj yo'

http://www.klingonblackfleet.co.uk

Offline Alldow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, 06:17:10 PM »
I have been building up my terries just fine and I have not used any p-mod and I am now ranked 86 over all to say that the terries wont get build up it down wrong the building are link to there there planets go in like in to limbo when the terries go's puff or is taken away and when that same planet grabs other of the same type all you building come back to you what doesn't happen at this time is you get to keep any building/Research level that is not done or any of the def. if you need to use p-mod to play then I don't know what to tell you bud as I can play just fine with out it I for one am look  foreword to the day that p-mod/v-mod wont work on terries any more and yes I know about 50% to 60% of the top 100 ranked are in P-mod at any one time as I have counted them on the over all leader board

Alldow

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 06:37:48 PM »
I have been building up my terries just fine, and I have not used any p-mod, and I am now ranked 86 overall.  To say that the terries won't get build up is down[?] wrong.  The buildings are linked to their planets and go in, like, into limbo when the terries go puff or are taken away, and when that same planet grabs another of the same type all your buildings come back to you.  What doesn't happen at this time is you get to keep any building/Research levels that are not done or any of the defenses.  If you need to use p-mode to play, then I don't know what to tell you bud, as I can play just fine without it.  I, for one, am looking forward to the day that p-mode/v-mode won't work on terries any more, and, yes, I know that about 50% to 60% of the top 100 ranked are in P-mode at any one time, as I have counted them on the overall leader board.

Exactly right.

Offline GordonK

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2013, 06:43:42 PM »
I think there is enough territory attacks going on with out giving terries away because people cannot hold it if in p mode...

At the moment I cannot build ships fast enough to take a resource terrie and lose it because I will be asleep is just ridiculous.

[Removed portion violating forum rules - Matt H]
 Paying to protect your fleet and resource when you aren't playing is fine to some extent...what it shouldn't allow is for you to play it like Farmville and sit on resources which are denied to active players...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:45:10 PM by Matt H »

Offline Alldow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2013, 06:49:01 PM »
so that he cry about is have to much res that he can't FRS right  don't we all wish we had the same problem loll

Offline GordonK

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »
Well done BFG

Effective immediately, players will no longer be able to hold activate neutrality markers when holding Territories.

Offline Ta'len

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2013, 07:26:32 PM »
Well done BFG

Effective immediately, players will no longer be able to hold activate neutrality markers when holding Territories.

Ultimately, this is a good change, but I do wish there had been a bit of in-game warning before doing this.  :-/  (I know, I know, if they had given more in-game warning, more people may have exploited it in some way, but even if they stocked up on P-mode for the next year, the territories in their possession would have expired, and then they wouldn't have been able to get any new ones, so the goal would still have been reached.)

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 07:31:29 PM »
I do wish there had been a bit of in-game warning before doing this.

Not knowing what they're thinking (even after the fact, but especially ahead of time) is part of the BFG gaming experience.  Yow!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 07:35:58 PM by Zarchne »

Offline Thermopyle

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »

last night is the first time i did pmode and ive been doing just fine also. this promotes pvp. +1000

Offline YoYoDotsGrandpa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2013, 07:55:30 PM »
I am in p mode at this time I did lock in 9 territories, of the 9 one resource has timed out, have 2 more timing out and before I come out of p mode I figure I might have 2 left, What I would like is a p mode that can be started and then paused for a duration to be determined and then be able to continue say 2 day later for the rest.   I won 2 weeks of P mode in the draw so I was using them up.   But I will abide and not fight it.

Offline GordonK

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »
But why should k d you be allowed to sit on resources and deny them to other players if y o u aren't actively playing. Just go v if you need a break.. pmode allows you to protect your own assets but still play...  it is right it shouldn't remove other assets from the game for others.

night was interesting. I lost 2 resource teritories , this morning I took them back... so you actually don't need to worry about losing them now...much easier to get...I doubt many folk will leave much fleet out protecting them whenn they sleep which makes it fast more interesting... I Ha be yet to see more than a few Apollo protecting even very high ranking players..

is one of the best things bfg have done since removing Vmode...now back in thankfully.