contact
February 29, 2020, 08:57:40 AM

Author Topic: Captain Fflint vs Dark Void  (Read 1297 times)

Offline pops2909

• View Profile
Captain Fflint vs Dark Void
« on: December 13, 2013, 05:03:17 PM »
 Its an all new low, lower then sat bashing a couple satalites.   
In the attack from Hispaniola ‎‎‎[1 system away] on Resource Vault ‎‎‎[x:xxx:xx]:

The attacking side acquired 2,740 ore, 2,740 crystal, and 1,900 hydrogen.
The attacking side did not acquire any Eradeon.

Captain Fflint (ATTACKER) lost 0 RSP and gained 1 DSP. (less)

* Contributed 822 RSP to the battle.

* Lost 0 ore, 0 crystal, and 0 hydrogen in damages.

* Acquired 2,740 ore, 2,740 crystal, and 1,900 hydrogen in plunder.

* Lost 0 of 2 Hermes Class Probes ( 2 remain).
* Lost 0 of 82 Magnon Fighters (82 remain).

Dark Void (DEFENDER) lost 1 RSP and gained 0 DSP. (less)

* Contributed 1 RSP to the battle.

* Lost 0 ore, 1,000 crystal, and 0 hydrogen in damages.

* Lost 1 of 1 Hermes Class Probes (0 remain).

0 ore and 1,800 crystal are now floating at this location.

Captain Fflint 1:103:15 vault about 2 hours ago
To: Dark Void
Date: 2013-12-13 14:03:20 UTC
hi, just want to let you know i just abandoned that vault, i only attacked it cause i saw the ships were just sitting there and I saw no activity. grab it quick!!

Offline The Bloody-Nine

• View Profile
Re: Captain Fflint vs Dark Void
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »
It would appear Dark Void is a reference to what's between your ears rather then your emo persona.  For the record it would appear that wasn't the "lowest of the low", but rather a player being being polite (albeit they did attack your territory so they must be the Devil to dare attack you).  I'm sorry you losing is the worst thing that ever happened to you.  I feel so sorry for the day you lose a ship and fall over dead from the horror of it all.

Grow up and enjoy a great game they put together for us.

Offline Azureflames

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:01:36 PM »
I assume he's mad because he lost a lot of time upgrading a building.

Offline The Bloody-Nine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 08:21:31 AM »
No, he's mewing because someone took something from him he didn't want taken.   :'(

Offline meeeeeee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 07:09:07 PM »
LOL!  IF you defend a terri with only a probe you should EXPECT it to get attacked.  It is a war game after all. 

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 07:19:26 PM »
Um, no, I believe he's complaining because he's the victim of an incredibly petty trust trap.  Fflint tell him to take the RV, it's available, and then attacks him for one lousy DSP.  It's like a grifter saying, "Here, put a nickel on the table.... oop! My nickel now!" and running off.

Offline The Bloody-Nine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 07:29:49 PM »
You're making a huge assumption Zarchne.  Do you see a time stamp on the attack?  It could appear the way you see it, but certainly not as cut and dry as you think.  The fact of the matter is that Dark Void is a fool who loses his territories and that is irrefutable; everything else is supposition in regards to the intent of the attack. 

I think Meeeeee said it best, "...It is a war game after all." We are at war and of course we'd prefer civility in war (a lot of us have even made friends out of enemies), but if Rommel offered Montgomery the high ground would Montgomery have marched up to take it from the giving hands of his enemy?

It is a game to have fun, but fools ruin the fun when thought is taken out of the game and they walk in like lambs to the slaughter and bystanders sit back and criticize the butcher for his knife stroke.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »
You're righ
Do you see a time stamp on the attack?

No.  You're right, I am assuming that the battle occurred more recently than the message, closer to the posting time, and Fflint's explanation follows because that's how messages appear in the game.

Offline Tal-Khoraash

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 12:08:37 PM »
@ Zarchne I'm afraid your assumption is incorrect. Fflint is a member of my alliance in HG, so, report with timestamps, message with same, off our boards. Dark Void, by the way, had a little fleet sitting at the territory and lifted it at the last minute, leaving the lone probe.

To: Captain Fflint
Date: 2013-12-13 11:43:18 UTC
In the attack from Hispaniola ‎‎‎[] on Resource Vault ‎‎‎[]:

The attacking side acquired 2,740 ore, 2,740 crystal, and 1,900 hydrogen.
The attacking side did not acquire any Eradeon.

Captain Fflint (ATTACKER) lost 0 RSP and gained 1 DSP. (more)
Dark Void (DEFENDER) lost 1 RSP and gained 0 DSP. (more)

0 ore and 1,800 crystal are now floating at this location.

active player's vault in the next system... he sent me this:
To: Captain Fflint
Date: 2013-12-13 17:15:33 UTC
congrats you have stooped to an all time Starfleet low. I predict you may be a recipient of a DARWIN AWARD in the future.
'Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed.'
Sun Tzu - Art of War

9 straight years of playing in Original with no break, fin!

Former First Rigellian of SFCO RgC
Rigellian Compact (RgC)

Offline Tal-Khoraash

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
Somehow it took Dark Void 5 and a half hours to reply to Fflint's message about him attacking to get DSP and not wanting the Resource Vault there. Funny that.
'Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed.'
Sun Tzu - Art of War

9 straight years of playing in Original with no break, fin!

Former First Rigellian of SFCO RgC
Rigellian Compact (RgC)

Offline pops2909

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 05:42:15 PM »
There was no other ships there just a probe. so he must a have mistaken the the eradeon lvls as ships. it took 5.5 hours to respond because i was offline so how would i lift ships then?. yes its a war game and thats the point of it. but the attack was by far the most ridiculous attack ive seen over the years. 

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 06:05:27 PM »
All right, then.  I withdraw my argument.  That's how the game is played, pops.

Offline Captain FFlint

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 10:34:50 AM »
Hi, I thought I should chip in at this point, I have been trying not to as I didn't want to escalate things any more than they are already.

In no way did I tell Dark Void First to take the vault first and then attack, we are close in rank and probably would have both lost too many ships.

Yes, I mis read the esp report. Also at that point I was unaware of territories being attached to specific colonies (I'd read nothing about the uni, just clicked on the link on the original game and started playing). I thought the building levels of the one I'd recently lost would carry over. When I realised that wasn't the case or a bug I messaged Dark Void to tell him he could have it back as I really only wanted the DSP for the ships I'd mistakenly thought that were there. I was mistaken, we all make mistakes but the important thing is to learn from them and so improve our own gameplay and grow as players and enjoy the game.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit. If there is any continuing issue I am open to constructive dialogue. 

Captain FFlint :)