contact
April 02, 2020, 03:08:44 PM

Author Topic: All games down  (Read 15282 times)

Offline david snell

• View Profile
Re: SFCO down
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »
Bugger

I now have been give jobs to get done around the house too

Many thanks bfg  >:(

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2014, 10:18:12 AM »
lol well 05:17 in Eastern timezone right now so I think its safe to asume we wont be able to play for another 3 or 4 hours.

Offline Capt Richard

• Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ravisocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2014, 10:23:48 AM »
We apologize for the server outage and any problems it may have caused for you. Our host while performing maintenance on their servers effectively stopped all traffic to our games early this morning. As a result, we turned all of the games off at approximately 1:30AM EST. When we are confident that they have returned traffic with no further problems within the next few hours we will bring all of the games online again and will likely prevent attacks against players for a 24 hour period. Thank you for understanding and please see the forum for further updates.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?”
― Abraham Lincoln

Offline Sir Spock the Elder

• View Profile
Re: Extreme 1 down?
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2014, 10:23:53 AM »
Thats a relief I was in the middle of moving resources from one planet to another so I could build some ships in my space dock All planets are now in the open with fleet hung out to dry and all resources just sitting there
would be really Pee'd off if I got back on only to find it all gone.

And there are players in different time zones - some could not move there fleets due to going to work - are were on line in their lunch time, Or just about to go to bed

Offline sgt tj hooker

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
"do you guys remember that dude that booted bfg off the back up servers while we were doing maintenance on the main servers?..hahahahaha"...

"what backup servers"?

:o

Offline Barney Google

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »
I wonder, does that mean BFG is now doing maintenance AFTER we waited for SoftLayer to finish?  Bugger!

If BFG doesn't actually stop player attacks for the 24 hours they suggest, I stand to lose a lot of ships in 3 universes, and I imagine there are a LOT of players in the same boat.  That would effectively kill the games.  I am suspicious of the phrase "will likely prevent attacks against players for a 24 hour period", and question why we can't attack NPCs, build ships, upgrade buildings, etc after sitting patiently through the forced shutdown.

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2014, 10:32:19 AM »
I wonder, does that mean BFG is now doing maintenance AFTER we waited for SoftLayer to finish?  Bugger!

If BFG doesn't actually stop player attacks for the 24 hours they suggest, I stand to lose a lot of ships in 3 universes, and I imagine there are a LOT of players in the same boat.  That would effectively kill the games.  I am suspicious of the phrase "will likely prevent attacks against players for a 24 hour period", and question why we can't attack NPCs, build ships, upgrade buildings, etc after sitting patiently through the forced shutdown.

Maybe my English is different then yours, but when I read "will likely prevent attacks against players" I don't read we can't attack NPC's or build ships.

Offline david snell

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2014, 10:33:29 AM »
As I recall fro things like this in the past everything works apart from PVP attacks

Offline WEG3

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2014, 10:34:18 AM »
Today, 04:01 AM
Engineers have verified that fcr01.dal01 and bcr01.dal01 have successfully loaded the new software, however an interface card on both fcr01.dal01 and bcr01.dal01 are not functioning after the reboot. Engineers are replacing these cards and are performing final checks throughout the network in DAL01.

so far it's taken them over 1/2hr to fix....
maybe they had to run to the local Walmart store to purchase new ones .. LOL  ;)

Offline SithPurge

• View Profile
Re: All games are down
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »
what about fleets holding territories??  I have about 10 fleets active on terrs right now. 

so much for my perfectly timed build schedule.. lol  this will mean 4 levels foundry not built on time..   meh, no biggie.. what's fair, anyways. lol
Everything I tell you is a lie... even that.   :P

Offline Barney Google

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2014, 10:44:46 AM »
All work for the DAL01 scheduled network maintenance has completed, all affected SAN based CCI and VPX instance are online and this window is now closed. There is no further scheduled disruption planned as part of this work. If you are continuing to have network connectivity issues for servers in DAL01, please contact our support department via ticket or chat so that your issue can be investigated.

I still am ticked we weren't notified, when the maintenance was scheduled a couple of weeks ago.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:46:27 AM by Barney Google »

Offline llaubacher

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2014, 10:47:29 AM »
I still am ticked we weren't notified, when the maintenance was scheduled a couple of weeks ago.

That's an easy part - BFG could not care less.

Offline david snell

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2014, 10:48:56 AM »
Is anyone else starting to shake and feel sick?

Maybe coming down with a bug or just withdrawal

Offline Tal-Khoraash

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »
Or BFG may not have checked the Softlayer.com site to see maintenance was occurring before it started happening tonight and created issues. Who knows if Softlayer actually informs their customers of goings on or just expects them to periodically review whatever is posted on the Softlayer website.
'Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed.'
Sun Tzu - Art of War

9 straight years of playing in Original with no break, fin!

Former First Rigellian of SFCO RgC
Rigellian Compact (RgC)

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2014, 10:53:16 AM »
That's an easy part - BFG could not care less.

This isn't true and I'll take the blame for missing this notification. Unfortunately for me, it appears that the notice was sent to us on January 19th that we /may/ experience a server disruption. They send these to us pretty regularly for maintenance and they almost never result in disruptions lasting for more than a few seconds. In fact, in this case, our servers where the games reside were operational throughout the maintenance period, but our load balances were disrupted making getting traffic to them problematic.

However, as many of you many recall, January 19th was the last day of my vacation. Following the end of my vacation I fell ill and was in the hospital for nearly a week. By the time I returned, I had lost track of this notification and failed to provide any warning.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:28:19 PM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me: