contact
December 16, 2018, 05:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Games is messed up  (Read 3132 times)

Offline Mr_C

• View Profile
Re: Games is messed up
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »
Thank you Matt.  A straight answer.

Offline The Harbinger

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 02:24:40 PM »
I'm afraid you have missed the point, Matt.

The point is not that there is no timeframe for a fix.

The point is there has been no communication to the community as a whole that BFG had even acknowledged a problem and were working on it even if you don't know how long it will take.

We just want someone, ANYONE, to let us know you care as a company when there is an extended issue. We have not gotten that as a community of players for 4 days, until you came back.

That is unnaceptable. Unknown timeframes for a fix are tolerable, zero communication or acknowledgement that there is a problem being worked through IS NOT

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 02:30:12 PM »
I think it's been pretty clear that there is an issue and I've acknowledged, on my day off, on this forum and in the responses I sent to hundreds of support tickets last night. Further, Jason acknowledged problems to those that submitted support ticket up until 6PM EST on January 17, 2014 (when out support desk closed for the weekend). Finally, I've stated we're working on the issues and our goal it to provide a fun and problem free game.

What more would you like me to do? Post memes to show you my feelings?

Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
kru

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 02:34:14 PM »
lolz

perhaps when it does get fixed you can manipulate the code so it makes up for the last 114.5 hours worth of problems lol

or, maybe your boss will take us all out for a round of drinks :D

Offline The Harbinger

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »
I'd accept the round of drinks.

In New York

On February 2nd

From a Skybox.

kthxbai.

I apologize Matt. I just wanted to get the point across that, while Jason may have answered a few tickets, until you came on to these forums on your day off ( and we thank you), there was not response to the community overall. I think that is a bad oversight on support's part. But I do thank YOU for the response and interaction with the community.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 02:47:47 PM »
lolz

perhaps when it does get fixed you can manipulate the code so it makes up for the last 114.5 hours worth of problems lol

or, maybe your boss will take us all out for a round of drinks :D

Actually, it appears that NPCs have continued to spawn for the past few days, but something has caused them to no longer be visible from the system view. We're working to resolve this problem now and it is likely that when this is resolved you'll see all the NPCs from the past few days.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 02:48:26 PM »
I'd accept the round of drinks.

In New York

On February 2nd

From a Skybox.

kthxbai.

I apologize Matt. I just wanted to get the point across that, while Jason may have answered a few tickets, until you came on to these forums on your day off ( and we thank you), there was not response to the community overall. I think that is a bad oversight on support's part. But I do thank YOU for the response and interaction with the community.

Sorry. Closest I'll be to New York is when I'm in Newark for a few weekends in February.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
kru

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 03:01:45 PM »
Actually, it appears that NPCs have continued to spawn for the past few days, but something has caused them to no longer be visible from the system view. We're working to resolve this problem now and it is likely that when this is resolved you'll see all the NPCs from the past few days.

i clearly specified on here and through my tickets that it appear ALL issues except wormholes attacking have been fixed

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
Been away for two years and I see not much has changed.
As soon as something breaks people seem to expect that it will be fixed instantly, there also still seems to be this urge to unload negativity whenever somethings not working properly.
I am pretty sure if you sent in a ticket you use the same words and negativity approaching Jason, Matt or BFG in general.
Personally if I would recieve tickets written in a manner as I read in this forum I would print them out, take them to the toilet and use them to clean up after releasing humpty dumpty from his narrow cave.

Communication is sending and recieving, when communication fails you need to check both the reciever as the sender if they are working properly.
When you hear a bad sound from the radio you also tune down the volume button or find another sender to listen too.
Same goes for communication between humans, if you send your messages full with complaints and negativity you can be sure the reciever wont be verry motivated to listen.
So maybe try to stop telling BFG how much they suck and try to be constructive in your communication, I am sure a lot will aprove.

Just my 2 cents.

kru

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »
to be fair, what do you truely expect???

problems exist for almost 5 days, they get fixed and then they brake again within an hour.

My opinion is that you live in a pretty deluded state if you think that that kind of business approach is aceptable by any means, from any form of company.  Yes we get irrate, especially when they decide to do things unaware of the consequences just so they can place all emphasis on only 1 universe.

perhaps you as well they should be reminded, BFG is more than just hired guns, and even more prominent, is the fact the game which has the biggest numbers of issues is the one which in fact stands to reason to be the one that earns them the most amount of revenue

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 07:56:10 PM »
to be fair, what do you truely expect???

problems exist for almost 5 days, they get fixed and then they brake again within an hour.

My opinion is that you live in a pretty deluded state if you think that that kind of business approach is aceptable by any means, from any form of company.  Yes we get irrate, especially when they decide to do things unaware of the consequences just so they can place all emphasis on only 1 universe.

perhaps you as well they should be reminded, BFG is more than just hired guns, and even more prominent, is the fact the game which has the biggest numbers of issues is the one which in fact stands to reason to be the one that earns them the most amount of revenue

Ow dear, I am sorry, I didn't realize someone was holding a gun to your head forcing you to play this game.
Thats bad man, games are to be played for relaxation and get away from real life stress, as soone as a game frustrates you to the bone you might concider finding another game that doesn't stress you out so mutch.

Offline The Harbinger

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »
So I saw a post from BFG that they believe the issues ot be resolved in another forum a couple of hours ago. I've been sitting on 3 MT's for a couple of hours now and no wormhole bites. I know it's early already, but sitting on 3 different territories usually nets me at least one wormhole every couple of hours.....

Can we get confirmation from BFG that they have fixed it?

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »
I've acknowledged, on my day off, on this forum and in the responses I sent to hundreds of support tickets last night.

What more would you like me to do? Post memes to show you my feelings?

No, you know, it's not about you.  The problem isn't a lack of dedication or empathy on your part, the problem is that we have to rely on your dedication to get a sense that communication is happening through the Chinese wall. What we want is an issue-tracking system that lists what issues have been reported, which ones the developers are working on, and a log of updates made against them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:22:03 PM by Zarchne »

Offline Arcade

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »
and now the territories seem to have mostly disappeared

Offline silly_me

• Skype - elvis.perlsly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 02:55:50 PM »
and now the territories seem to have mostly disappeared