contact
October 23, 2019, 11:03:38 AM

Author Topic: Final thoughts...  (Read 4092 times)

Grace

Re: Final thoughts...
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 04:13:31 PM »
Achmed, stop trolling the boards and focus your attention on learning how to play the game.

Edit 3: link territory activity to planet activity so that when someone is showing activity on a territory, the planet it is attached to is also lit up.

Seriously... having to have 18 tabs open to check someone's activity when already several are open for other pages in the game is somewhat ridiculous and, at times, encourages people to launch anyway and not recall when they get a response. I know I have been tempted to do this at times.

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2014, 05:53:30 PM »
Achmed, stop trolling the boards and focus your attention on learning how to play the game.

Edit 3: link territory activity to planet activity so that when someone is showing activity on a territory, the planet it is attached to is also lit up.

Seriously... having to have 18 tabs open to check someone's activity when already several are open for other pages in the game is somewhat ridiculous and, at times, encourages people to launch anyway and not recall when they get a response. I know I have been tempted to do this at times.

So when someone doesn't agree with you it's troling? You have a strange view at the world Grace.
I am just pointing out where there is a flaw in your thinking, I am sorry if I stepped on your toes when I did that.

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2014, 06:41:41 PM »
lol trolling is when you go against the spirit of a topic simply because you have a compulsive need to contradict. I see this from you all over the forum. If you read back a few posts, you will see that I already stated (to you, in fact) that I didn't care how it was implemented so long as they implemented it one way or another.

If you have a suggestion on how better they can implement such a feature then there is a suggestion section located on the main page of the forum.

To me giving feedback is more then just telling people something doesn't work, I also like brainstorm to help the people who have to implement the changes to get ideas of how it could be done, that you don't care how it's done doesn't mean I am not allowed to discuss how it could be done.

Trolling is not going against the spirit of a topic, Trolling is trying to delibirate cause flaming, thats not at all what I am trying to do.
Most of the time I just try to bring in a different note, as I find 90% of all forum posts are too negative, to a point that the negativity has nothing to do with topic itself.
Giving a possitive sound to a negative tone isn't trolling, it's trying to turn a discussion in something vurtile instead of the downwards spiral it normally ends up in.

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
Ideas on how this can be done have already been suggested and discussed multiple times on many threads throughout the forum. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. However, this thread is not designed to focus on the details of any one particular idea, which is the way you are taking it. It is more a general feedback on what was good and what wasn't about the new universe and what should be brought into the follow up and what should be left out.

Well yeah, isn't it human nature to take any thought into a discussion if it helps making things better? As I said in my first post in this thread I agree with most of what you said, but had some side notes
You don't hurt my feelings by the way, people I don't (in RL) know on forums can't hurt my feelings.

kru

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »
well, they are not so much final thoughts, but considerations of final thoughts.

I am at the point in the game, where you cannot progress or compete.    i can easily compete on rescources and on money spending if i wanted, but what i can't compete with is the following:

1 - Never being able to grab hold of any useful territories makes the game boring.  When you try look, it is always the same people everywhere holding them, no wonder they are able to get ahead and stay ahead.

2 - In comparison, BFG appear to have been laughing at us with the territories here.  There is a MASIIVE surppluss of BS ones, and a distinctive shortage of the needed ones.  This in its own right offers a game to fail.

3 - Territories should NEVER be protected as (n) or (N) as is the player. they are supposed to be contested.  Perhaps i can understand the (n) protection, but certianly not the (N)....only the smallest of players should be protected.

4 - With standalone build times already hitting 12 hours to 1 day+ across planets, there is 0 incentive to build ANYTHING, even building ships is a painful SOB.

In essence, i stated elsewhere that HG is BFG's biggest fu ck up of a game yet.  Whilst the dynamics are awesome, it is a game which massively stunts growth and participation on all fronts.  Why would a player be content with building 10 ships per hour, never being able to obtain any alien ships (or able to build them) when the the top 100 are comfortably hoarding out labors and such, building 1000 ships per hour and so forth.

It is a shame, the game had great potential, but this version will be the quickest game to die out of all unis, players will just not bother attempt to build up or make a go of the game

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 02:19:24 AM »
 >:(  YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY THIS UNI//..I STARTED REBUILDING 3 WEEKS AGO...I CONTROL ONE TERRITORY, I ONLY HAVE ONE PERM PLANET AND HAVE MADE IT FIRMLY TO TOP 20
suck it up monkey boy!

kru

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 03:08:06 AM »
sure. congrats on simply picking up where you off, which has very little to do with what i posted :/ god dam player noobs

You also sometimes speak well n truely out your a$$.

You already had your infrastructure and research and everything else you needed to make the 'appartent' rebuilding easier.  Go start a new account, but you wont because thats too hard, you'll be to far behind everyone with no way of catching up.

That includes 3 MILLION dsp, which is more points there than a lot of folks have in total.

fleet rank 17, again....well you see where i am going, of course unless your fleet is all arties/apollo/probes.

i will gurantee you have hoarded both ASD's and labor's....so, you have your opinion based on your bringing back an already developed account and claim it's easy...fracking noob

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 04:15:24 AM »
3 WEEKS AGO I HAD  ONE LEVEL ONE CON.., NO SHIPS TO SPEAK OF..FOUNDRY WAS NOT UNLOCKED..I HAVE NOT HAD A SPACE DOCK IN OVER TWO WEEKS..MY RESEACH RANK IS 250 AREA LAST I CHECKED...THE ACCOUNT SUCKED ASS...INSTEAD A RATIONAL PERSON SHOULD BE ASKING ....HOW DID HE DO IT..????   FOOLS AND NOOBS WILL JUST DO WHAT YOU DO...THIS IS ONE OF THE EASIEST UNIS TO REBUILD IN.,..AS LONG AS YOU HAVE SOME PATIENCE
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 04:15:53 AM »
AND NO...I DONT HAVE A PROBE FLEET
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline commander abаб

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 04:18:16 AM »
Got a yelling problem?

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 04:22:24 AM »
JUST ABANDONED A MAC..LOL
suck it up monkey boy!

kru

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 04:31:43 AM »
renny, your not near noob enough to try and think your better and more special than everyone else.

It is the most fundamental rule oif every game, every universe and it never differs.  A good strong rebuild relies heavily on investment through mones and other buildings (shipyards etc).

In this universe it is also heavily burdened on the fact that no matter how many times you quit, walk away or whatever, those buildings on the territories will ALWAYS remain (as long as the account doesn't get deleted)

If you 'claim' it is so easy, then why not restart an account???? because you know that starting out at the bottom is not easy, even more so in a universe where there is only so much you can build at a pace SLOWER than SFCO.

so get a grip man, stop being a noob and speak sense not BS. go start a new account then come crying back to the forums telling us how you got back into the top 20!!!!!!

until then.........well, you cannot comment in any sense of the ability to gain growth and development from a new account in the current state of the universe

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 04:42:12 AM »
this uni does not need mines at all...I don't have any..yup...I started with some research...but as I said I only have one planet..i do human research only, that's where everybody trying to buld an account goes wrong...its different than any other uni..no need for buildings here..you need a shipyard and one labor...that's it...scan all my planets and you will see im not shitting you..three weeks ago all I could hit was small enemy fleets...and my research rank is 233   so nope...no real traditional infrastructure, no research still...
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 04:45:34 AM »
also when I restarted my rsp rank was in the 275 area,,nope..im not going to do it all over again to please you..but 10 minutes of your time and a few probes will show you that im not shitting you...
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 04:47:52 AM »
got to say, its actually easier now then ever before to build up in hired guns.. especially with a new account.. hell i could exploit the crap out of newbie protection siphoning off all of the left over LEF's resource and before i was out of protection have a top 200 fleet .. and that is easy ..

*edit* ok maybe exaggerated.. top 300 fleet
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:50:24 AM by Swanvesta »
Miss Kiki: Believe me I have been well warned about you
Miss Kiki: I think it was stated that Swan is the biggest nut job in the SFC game community

Biggest nut job on SFC - I claim it!

birthmark-ant