contact
July 24, 2019, 08:54:13 AM

Author Topic: Final thoughts...  (Read 3931 times)

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
Re: Final thoughts...
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 04:51:14 AM »
i posted this in a different thread earlier today, but i believe it also applies here and adds something to the last parts of this conversation so here it is...:

All the games are relatively easy to advance in if you have a reasonable level of skill to apply. i am no longer in SFCO, but i did play for a period of time again(after quitting about a year ago), before i dropped the uni to focus on hired guns.

in ~3.5 months playing SFCO again, i worked my way up past many players who have been playing for several years in the uni.
I got all the way up to about 200 overall rank in that time, with a fleet rank in the 70's, and all of my other ranks(except for research) were in the top 250 as well.

The same concept applies to all uni's as the general game mechanics are the same. Faster uni's, where people are further ahead, also allow the new player to benefit from that same speed in catching up.

SO for those who say "They will never be able to get to the top 100 because they started late", i bite my thumb at you.  Not saying they WILL get there, but everyone, from those who started on the first day to those who started months or even years later, has the chance to get there if they are willing to work for it, bring a decent level of skill to the table, and give it time. It cant be expected to be done in the first month.

Not sure if this is the thread for this, but i believe it does relate, especially to the most recent post before it.
theres my opinion,
Deeds out
MunchMunchMunchMunchMunch

kru

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 04:56:11 AM »
yep, i do not dispute you and your claim.  But this is where we differ.

You 'came' back to an account (your account) where a set amount of the work was already done.  This in turn ment that you were able to catch up, compete and be a force in the game.

However, your outright refusal to commence a game from absolute scratch only adds to emphasise my point, in that any new player(s) coming through the door will hit a significant stale and static point in the game.

Rescources are not the issue.  The issue is that items needed to quickly advance in this game are in such short demand, they are for the most part horded by the top.

In fact, lets consider a fact, i have yet to enagage the full use of any territory that would be benficial to my account development at a more expediant rate because:

1. There simply is not enough to go around, in comparison BS items such as silo territories are in an absurd abundance.

2. What are around are already occupied on a daily basis by the SAME people (including you).

3.  When you do find one, there is either:
a - No time or not much time left on before it despawns;
b - so far away from your planet you cannot keep the dam thing long enough to even transport rescources.

So, again, when new players are forced to do research which is at a significantly SLOWER rate than SFCO, build ships at a slower rate than SFCO, where is the point, the fun in attempting to compete????

Those questions you cannot answer, because you ignorant to the facts

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 05:01:19 AM »
Kru- not sure if that was aimed at me or Ken, but when i started over in SFCO it was completely from scratch. Still advanced extremely quickly with SKILL- the most important factor.

as far as the terrys, there may be a mid-range group of people having difficulty keeping them, but it is NOT the majority. i have listed several ways to keep them, the main way is just by being polite!
and for those starting over, their terrys are under newbie protection so none of the top 100 or so players can even try to take them away.

no bias there, just fact. instead of complaining about things, think about ways to make it work for you..they arent going to change the uni, so if you are having issues you need to change your own tactics to work better with the uni.

kru

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 05:03:44 AM »
@ deeds, exactly i agree, but by rule of thumb sfco and all other unis are very different to hired guns.

In hired guns you can go the slow poke way, not having any droids (unless your willing to buy androids) foir building and/or research bonus.

No arcnet,  no foundary.  Please, don't incite the crap that others cite.

Whilst your concept will very much work for any other universe, it cannot, does not and will not apply in hired guns.  Whilst players like kenny who returned to his 'old' developed account AND territories, new players have to start with NOTHING, they have to start with slower speeds than SFCO, until obviously they can obtain certian items which will offer aide and assistance to speed and ability to build certian ships outside of the norm.

There will be very few if any new players that last in this game beyond the first 7 - 14 days.  fact of life, period!....when new players realise they will never be able to build certian ships (alien ships) because they simply can't be bothered to wait the 3 months for a tech to research, because they can't hoild a research territory long enough for a positive effect.

well, kenny already proved my point by outright refusing to test his great credit card skills.  He refuses because he knows the points raised are factual.

Unlike grace though, i do still believe the npcs are extremely helpful,  I have enough rescources to que up ships for the next 4 years (at their current build speeds........which i cannot increase until the top players cease hording the relevant itemns to enable me to speed that up

****when i state slower speeds than sfco, it becomes slower than sfco without the help of certian items needed or wanted in game (hired guns) which you take for advantage in SFCO.

Go start a brand new account in SFCO and NEVER build arcnet, never build a foundary, never use a droid then see how long it takes until you go 'sod this'
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 05:07:31 AM by kru »

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 05:10:02 AM »
all you really need for terrys is one labor and one research terry. research terrys a very uncontested item, so that parts easy. that just leaves the labor, for which there are a few very easy ways to keep, reguardless of rank..and that is actually the EASIEST for those still in newbie protection, as they can take an unguarded terry and its not likely to get taken from them since most players with bigger fleets cant even attack them.

Ken just doesnt want to start over for the same reason nobody does, why put hundreds of hours into something and throw it away? he probably could do it, doesnt mean he should though.

Hired Guns does have some major differences, but with skill, you can do it the same as any other uni.

if they allowed multi-accounting i would prove it, but since i dont want to throw this account away, or get suspended, i guess youll just need to take my word for it(; lol

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 05:12:03 AM »
I am supposed to start  over again because some idiot who has not figured out how to advance in this uni asks me to???  there are tons of ways to take and hold territorys..just you are not smart enough to figure this uni out it seems.. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
suck it up monkey boy!

kru

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 05:21:52 AM »
I am supposed to start  over again because some idiot who has not figured out how to advance in this uni asks me to???  there are tons of ways to take and hold territorys..just you are not smart enough to figure this uni out it seems.. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

coming from the mouth of the natural born quitter?

you have quit so many unis and games it is hard to keep up.  you have returned to many as well, NEVER with a new account.  so to be fair, your not exactly best qualified.

for me, hired guns is a side attraction which distracts me from time to time from the universes i commit to playing.  Now, just to explain what commit means, it means i don't quit, ever for whatever reason then decide to come back.

Offline renykeny

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 05:30:02 AM »
 ;Dlolol...yup..to me this is a distraction. .and when my real life gets busy I quit..because while its fun , it not important..i know you don't quit...you get wacked...lololol...now why don't you go make an account in original uni...the speeds there suit your mentality quite well! :'( :'( :'( :'(
suck it up monkey boy!

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 05:38:07 AM »
im one of the fastest builders in this game.. thats no lie, every uni including hired guns i've played, ive turned up late, this time only by 10 days but still, its enough to show that turning up late starting from scratch doesnt put you that far behind.. i made my mark on all of the universes i played, original was hardest, because of the length of time to do anything, but i still was reasonably well known, skilled and competitive.. extreme again started late, still managed to crash big boy fleets, and so on and so on..

if support would allow me to multi-account for this purpose only, i would show you how wrong you are.
Miss Kiki: Believe me I have been well warned about you
Miss Kiki: I think it was stated that Swan is the biggest nut job in the SFC game community

Biggest nut job on SFC - I claim it!

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 05:54:20 AM »
i just want to add to this, that the game is actually harder to continually grow exponentially once you get to the top tier, then it is coming up through the ranks.. matt could tell you the support tickets ive filed, because those scaled npc's are actually in favour of the newbs-to-mid range at the moment..

my home world is in upper g2, and i'll tell you right now, if you think i get anything close to what my fleet should be attacking in the way of npc's, you're sorely mistaken.. the spawn rate for npc's for me is ridiculously low.. so i have to feed on the npc's that spawn for the mid range.. which they can attack to, which basically makes my fleet and tech advantage moot..

so yeah, building up is the easy part.. keeping rank isnt
Miss Kiki: Believe me I have been well warned about you
Miss Kiki: I think it was stated that Swan is the biggest nut job in the SFC game community

Biggest nut job on SFC - I claim it!

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 06:02:53 AM »
in the same boat there swan, i find just a few a day that require more then a small portion of my fleet, and have yet to find one that would be a good match for me

kru

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 07:03:25 AM »
it is a case of head -> wall -> smack syndrome here.

Npcs are doing what? giving rescources! rescources are great if you can spend them in a useful manner.  Starting 10 days after a uni release is not what i would call new player coming through :/

To a degree i understand the frustration some players have because 3 people above here have a mentality that cannot see beyond themself.

You all make suggestions to ' territories are (n) to the big players blah blah blah.  well, to the new player (who has played only a couple weeks, all those territories are (N) because of the player that holds them.  If you cannot see it from the flipside, then i am afraid you are a bad player.

I know how to build thanks, been doing it a very long time.  In fact, testimant to ability is the fact my extreme 2 account has been v mode for almost 6 months, and i have dropped from the 50's to the 80's rank only (around 30 ranks total).

I usually v mode my accounts when i am bored of that universe, and hope one day i will be less bored.

You are all right, and all wrong! it is easy to build, i have plenty of rescources and i can very easily manage 9 planets to have something constantly building.  However, (kenny especially) you are all somewhat blind to the fact that what is (n) to one person is (N) to another, and a new player tends to find everything (N).

Now, building the crap out of stuff is real easy, i could obtain the 250k rsp in a couple days.  Then what? find myself facing off against players who have had ample time , money, ability through hording territories to build a fleet full of ships & alien ships, whereas i am still somewhat taking 25 minutes to build a single athena...

Sure yes, eventually i will catch up, well no! eventually i will just have ships, still nowhere near able to defend against those constant horders.

Perhaps you should go look at who is hording what and how many.....

Swanny, you are sadly as bad as grace with npcs.  NPCs offer nothing except rescources.  Whats the point in obtaining upteen billions of rescources if i can't even produce cargo ships fast enough to fleetsave it?

My point about the last 2 releases is that there will come a time, no new blood will ever come through (conquest is already there) and hired guns will not be far behind.

Thing i absolutley love about all of the unis, nova, extreme, sfco is that even after all these years it is with pleasure that new players who stick at beleive they can do better than others.   Hired GUns will never be like that

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 07:25:36 AM »
Kru, yes, existing Terrys will just as likely be N to the newbies as they will be n to the top dogs..but new ones spawn every hour and every single player with a hermes has the same chance of getting to it first.
i dont like to argue just to argue, and im not trying to tell you that youre wrong, im trying to share with you a way to get past these barriers that you see.
the barriers arent going to move, so you need to learn to move around them. People that can do that will succeed, and people who cant wont..simple.

Grace

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 02:06:53 PM »
i will gurantee you have hoarded both ASD's and labor's....so, you have your opinion based on your bringing back an already developed account and claim it's easy...fracking noob

No disrespect, mate, but this is what the problem is on the forum. Players voicing strong opinions without really knowing what they are talking about. I wont get involved in this topic any further, though what I will suggest is taking on board what experienced players have to say rather than responding with insults and emotive opinions.

Ken is one of the sharpest players in the game and has been at the top in every uni since the beginning, started some late and some early.

kru

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 04:03:04 PM »
i know who ken is. i know what he can do.

i also know first hand that he fits everything you complained about in regards to every other post/thread you made.

I am not and was not insulting him.  However, he cannot voice an opinion which comes from the opposite side of the spectrum, when he himself has never been there  ::)

I am sure he has plenty of tips and suggestions for players of all ranks and abilities, but you can't ride the 'i used my old developed account to regain rank' bandwagon.

IF he had taken a brand new account and got rank 20 in 3 weeks i would be impressed, but he didn't.  Perserverance paid off and i got the 3 territories i finally needed where i needed them as well as luck would have it.

But the points that 4 of you are now missing still stand and are still valid.  and, as this thread is called 'FINAL THOUGHTS' i gave my thoughts (which could be my final thoughts on hired guns) and 3 players who appear to have it easy going couldn't care less.

In fact they simply dismiss the points as fruitless because their points are valid.  I now understand in compliance why BFG find things so difficult.

A simple solution would be to have some territories which cannot be attacked.taken by anyone over 250k RSP.  This would allow new players to grab hold of some and at least get them developed.

birthmark-ant