contact
December 15, 2019, 02:28:08 AM

Author Topic: Re: tiered NPCs  (Read 4966 times)

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
Re: Re: tiered NPCs
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 02:43:33 AM »
Hahahahah, Grace. Who said it was a profession? I put in my time and paid my dues before I retired. Now, being retired, and severely disabled, there are few things I can enjoy. One of them is reading your drivel.

Oh ya, about the money thing, you just stated that there was no mention of it. I have here, excerpted just one of the comments in this hread about money, please tell me who I am quoting:

There are two purchases which should not be available, though, which I strongly contest, because they make a mockery of what is supposed to be a strategy game. You should not be able to fast-track research beyond a 10% bonus and you should not be able to buy fleets.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:10:46 AM by lazoputz »

Offline Deeds

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 04:10:31 AM »
a few things..
as far as the "hunting NPCs for 12 hours a day" thing goes.. im ranked 4th overall and 3rd RSP right now, and i only farm them 5 times per day..and spend about 30 minutes finding my targets and launching each time..
the rest of my time i either just read through posts, build stuff, hunt active players..or just FRS if i will be AFK.
point being..i spend 2.5-3.5 hours per day hunting NPCs. not 12. and i have thrived in this uni.

second: yes, i "pay to play", but not on a large scale. i allow myself to spend 5$ a week for merchants..thats 20$ a month. not very much. i know many players who pay more, and havent got as far as me.

yes, hunting 12 hours a day for NPCs might give you an advantage, and so might paying large sums of money, but it is VERY possible to succeed in this game without doing either of those things.

its a strategy game. the winner isnt who pays the most, or plays the most hours..its whoever has the best strategy. if anyone is ever falling behind, or having a hard time catching up..all you need to do is change your strategy.
MunchMunchMunchMunchMunch

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 05:26:30 AM »
@Grace: If you ever find a way to "compete" without investing time in the game, please let us (well, me; anyway) know how you managed it.

subcontracting.

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 07:33:59 AM »
subcontracting.

you know how good the game is you're playing when you get messages asking if you want to buy resource lol
Miss Kiki: Believe me I have been well warned about you
Miss Kiki: I think it was stated that Swan is the biggest nut job in the SFC game community

Biggest nut job on SFC - I claim it!

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 07:43:04 AM »

Although the game is pay to win nowadays, it is also spend 12hours per day farming NPCs to win. If players want to pay to advance in the game then taht is theor call, I don't really have any major issue with that. Farming NPCs for 12hrs a day, though... that effectively rules me out.

grace, im not sure what your issue is truthfully, i remember you in x1, you were ranked about 400 huddled around jobu (when he was ranked top 20) for protection.. that was your ability without NPC's/pay to play.. how do i remember this? because farming your planets was the reason i annoyed jobu and then trapped him making him lose thousands of hades..

so, we have a moderate? player complaining about npc's and pay to play, when in the universe you play that has these features you've really outdone yourself.. i mean from rank 400 to top 20? i think the new stuff did suit you, you just dont like to pay..

http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=10828.0
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:54:28 AM by Swanvesta »
Miss Kiki: I think it was stated that Swan is the biggest nut job in the SFC game community

Grace

Re: tiered NPCs
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 08:10:11 AM »
Laz, I am sorry to hear about your disability and now that I know, I can even sympathize with your position. However, if you are going to quote me out of context on something that was expanding/clarifying in general terms when the over-riding point of the thread is evident, then it is a waste of time discussing it with you. I see no point in engaging in discussion with someone whose intent is solely to undermine someone else's position to preserve their own... whether you are disabled or not.

<edited to correct a few typos>
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:47:51 AM by Grace »

Grace

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2014, 08:16:40 AM »
Swan, I don't think you know who I was in x1. I never went by this name there and I certainly was never huddled anywhere around anyone. You have me confused with someone else. I did share an alliance with Jobu, though I never really interacted with him much there because we were based in different areas.
I understand there was another player who went by the name I use, though I don't recall her sharing the same alliance either.

<edited to correct a few typos>
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:48:50 AM by Grace »

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 08:19:29 AM »
I hate npcs myself..its funny how people don't seem to realize that they have killed the game..all npcs are imbalanced in resources...if you don't have the ability to merchant you can not stay competitive with them in the game ::)

Also not true, I use no merchants or money to play the game, and still I have a good steady grow, and will enter top #100 somewhere in the next 2 weeks, that is if I dont get sloppy and Swan or Deeds get my fleet again.
NPC's aren't as imbalanced as one would think, just work out your strategy and you will find good use for the NPC's

@Grace, I don't know about you, but I don't need 12h a day for steady growth, there are even players arround that only (really) play in weekends and still grow steady, on the other hand I see players that play over 12h a day and still keep hanging arround rank #400.
I can only conclude that their gameplay strategy is blocking their way up.
Just take your time to go thru the ranking lists and see the diffences between higher ranked players and lower ranked.

Every player has his strategy, you'll have your farmers and aggressors, you'll have your RSP huggers and DSP huggers
I have seen players with 63k fleet points and 59k probes, or even 640k fleetpoints and 600k probes, apperently to them fleet ranking is the most importend thing.
Some people really focus on DSP others dont care about them at all.
Its the way of playing the game that makes the difference, everything else is available to everyone and therefor fair game.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 08:50:19 AM »
@Grace, my comment about my being disabled was not to generate sympathy from you or anyone else. Merely to point out that there are a lot of circumstances unique to each player that must be considered.
And I dont feel i quoted you out of context, I just didnt wish to go through the entire thread, pulling all of your comments about "Pay to play", etc. Anyone who has enough interest, can surely re-read this thread if necessary, to see that it isnt narrowly focused on NPCs alone.
You state that you dont wish any further discussion with me because you feel my purpose is to undermine your position? Of course it is, would you prefer that we all, or I at least; acquiesce to your opinion and not formulate one of our (my) own? Hogwash! The whole purpose of this forum is the interchange of ideas, if you are so self-blinded that you cannot see other peoples opinions, then perhaps I SHOULD bow out of this conversation and let you ramble on to the thin air.

Offline Swanvesta

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 09:33:26 AM »
Swan, I dont think you know who I was in x1. I never went by thus name there and I certainly was never huddled anywhere around anyone. You have me confused with someone else. I did share an alliance with Jobu, though I never really intetacted with him much there because we were based in different areas.
I understand there was another player who went by the name I use, though I dont recall her sharing the same alliance either.

bs.. you're saying, that after several times of you saying on these forums "people that know me from X" now we don't know you? and rather then using your own name, you took a newbies name ? Just stop with the b.s. already say what you really mean, because quite frankly this thread is getting dull..

im really pleased npc's were introduced.. they stopped people multi accounting or rather the gain from having multi accounts in a swift blow..

Grace

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 09:54:59 AM »
Also not true, I use no merchants or money to play the game, and still I have a good steady grow, and will enter top #100 somewhere in the next 2 weeks, that is if I dont get sloppy and Swan or Deeds get my fleet again.
NPC's aren't as imbalanced as one would think, just work out your strategy and you will find good use for the NPC's
therefor fair game.

No disrespect, Achmed, but this is why you are floating around the mid-range, growing slowly. I spent no money either though ended up inside the top 20. If I was to get any higher than that, or even just to maintain it, I would need to quit my job and start using the trade merc. It is a different game at different levels. The dynamics of the game change in various respects depending on what level you are playing at.

Grace

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 09:59:44 AM »
@Grace: If you ever find a way to "compete" without investing time in the game, please let us (well, me; anyway) know how you managed it.

With good planning and game intelligence. You could put in 2 hours per day in x1 back in the day and still play inside the top 100 because the game was about strategy rather than time management.

Grace

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 10:02:38 AM »
And I dont feel i quoted you out of context, I just didnt wish to go through the entire thread, pulling all of your comments about "Pay to play", etc.

No disrespect, Laz, but if there was any integrity in your response, it would have accounted for what you extracted as being in response to a post from another forum user. Excuse me for not being ignorent and ignoring part of someone's post just incase it rattles your game complexes.

Grace

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 10:10:09 AM »
bs.. you're saying, that after several times of you saying on these forums "people that know me from X" now we don't know you? and rather then using your own name, you took a newbies name ? Just stop with the b.s. already say what you really mean, because quite frankly this thread is getting dull..

im really pleased npc's were introduced.. they stopped people multi accounting or rather the gain from having multi accounts in a swift blow..

Anyone who knows me from x1 knows me by a different name. FYI, Grace itself is a common name so anyone could have used it and to expand further your confusion, it is actually based on a figure from Irish history. Grace O'Malley was a Pirate Chiefton from 16th Century Ireland - hence the alliance name - Pirate

If you think the thread is becoming dull then stop posting on it. You don't see me posting on any of your dodgy battle reports with Winnie. Dishonest players will always find a way to skirt the rules no matter what
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 10:21:42 AM by Grace »

Grace

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 10:18:36 AM »
I hate npcs myself..its funny how people don't seem to realize that they have killed the game..all npcs are imbalanced in resources...if you don't have the ability to merchant you can not stay competitive with them in the game ::)

I think they do, Ken, though it seems they prefer it this way because it makes them feel as though they have a good game strategy. As you know, all of the top players left this game a longtime ago due to game-killing changes. How is Lytjohan anyway? :)