contact
September 20, 2019, 08:44:41 PM

Author Topic: Starfleet abrupt shutdown  (Read 3249 times)

Offline jimmy7711

• View Profile
Starfleet abrupt shutdown
« on: February 06, 2014, 02:17:22 PM »
I would be satisfied if every single player received free credits for this debacle.  >:(

Offline STONKER

• View Profile
Re: Starfleet abrupt shutdown
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:27:47 PM »
That would be nice but very unlikely, and if it was to happen only fair way to do it would be the amount each player spends on average daily, as many don't pay a penny.  Or dime for you Jimmy  :P

Offline jimmy7711

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »
It doesn't matter what anyone spends. I spend my time. My alliance is at war right now and now it is a mess. They owe us credits. To anyone that spends there time that was lost. You can take this philosophy any way you want but it is mine. Don't tell me the people that spend more money are worth more. I'm asking for the same amount of credits for every single player. What I'm asking you to do is realize that.

Offline Trump

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:08:24 PM »

Offline STONKER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 03:10:47 PM »
I have actually saved money today and jobs done around the house, partner happy. You are gonna lose the war anyway!!

GO BASED ON, LOL

Offline new starr federation

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 03:12:16 PM »
i have to agree..my paid features are most likely counting down to expire..we should have them extended the time we have lost..
Watch out here i come..

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 03:13:53 PM »
its no updates to whats going on.. every hour or so they should be updating us to whats going on.... but nothing..... >:(

Offline Rogan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 03:20:29 PM »
its no updates to whats going on.. every hour or so they should be updating us to whats going on.... but nothing..... >:(

What you expect a private company to tell everyone about the big brown ball of code which they do not know if it works, or the fact that their hosting provider fat fingers a BGP prefix list and shuts down the entire rack and FAILS to have redundancy?

read my quote ... just sayin :-)
War Commander Dark Disciple Of Muad'Dib [Based Ωn]

Quote from: Pliny the Elder
"The depth of darkness to which you can descend and still live is an exact measure of the height to which you can aspire to reach."

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »
but how does a private company expect to keep its customers if they do not inform the customers of whats going on. or in fact make customers feel at ease.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
We're posting updates in the News thread as they become available.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Marlboro Mann

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 03:27:28 PM »
Concerning the lack of updates in the past 5-6 hours, complete agreement. 

I sent a titan 68 hours for a surprise pre-dawn hit: 4 am Pacific time this morning, on a player 50 ranks ahead of me (sub-100).  I got up at 3:30 am to be ready and the server had already been down 4 hours.  It is now 7:22 am Pacific and there has been no update.

Sure, Rogan.  I realize BFG is hostage to their host.  But seriously, while Matt may still not have a time to going live again, just let us know you "feel our pain" and reconfirm there will be no espionage and no attacks for 24 hours after service resumes.  My element of surprise and hydro wasted won't be fixed, but at least I can shut this damn forum down and move on the other things.

Thx

Offline sottie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 03:28:15 PM »
Every time I have asked about progress Matt has replied within 5 mins  :)

kru

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 03:30:02 PM »
but how does a private company expect to keep its customers if they do not inform the customers of whats going on. or in fact make customers feel at ease.

no company will keep its customers upt date in a minute by minute situation, and will only inform of any information it is significantly different from the previous update.

And, lets be honest, you should be grateful you even get ANY form of update,  some monkey companies like don't give anything, and they certianly do not take into account its multi national player base (you know, timezones of its players)

kru

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 03:32:29 PM »
Concerning the lack of updates in the past 5-6 hours, complete agreement. 

Don't forget, BFG are not a 24 hour company, they work standard office hours (which sucks for us) and i can gurantee that when all these problems first happened they were at home, then in bed.

I know for me i didn't know of any issues until my alarms went off as a 30 & 15 minute p mode expiration warning, seen the game was offline, went onto forums, then went back to bed (6 hours ago) game still down, so now i play CoD.

Offline Wolfgang Von Himmler

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
I'm sure a lot of us had attacks prepared this morning. Matt has already said they are recalling attacks and refunding the hydro and most likely there would be a 24 hour no attack time frame.

Matt can confirm, but since this has gone on for more than a few hours it is probably more likely ;)

birthmark-ant