contact
November 15, 2019, 07:07:36 AM

Author Topic: triton recycler  (Read 690 times)

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
triton recycler
« on: February 16, 2014, 11:36:47 AM »
it has way too low of a salvage rate.. you have to pretty much have over 1k to be able to have any chance to have a ship per engagement. is there any way to increase its chance %? because its 1% per triton... if you have 100 you should be able to have at least 1 ship per engagement but i don't get anything. out of about 50 attacks with 100 i have only gotten 1 ship.

Offline Trump

• View Profile
Re: triton recycler
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:19:38 PM »
it has way too low of a salvage rate.. you have to pretty much have over 1k to be able to have any chance to have a ship per engagement. is there any way to increase its chance %? because its 1% per triton... if you have 100 you should be able to have at least 1 ship per engagement but i don't get anything. out of about 50 attacks with 100 i have only gotten 1 ship.

You need more of them, each triton has 1% chance of salvation, that doesnt mean 100 give you 100% chance as the chance is not added up for each triton.
When you sent like 500 you'll chance does get better though, basicly since I sent more then 500 I got salvation each time I sent them, on 500 I got an avarage of 5 ships each hit, sometimes 4 sometimes 5 or even 6. Since I have more then 1k its even more.

Offline Ymerodraeth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »
Cumulative, average,fractional.. Whichever way you look at it the more you have the more 1% chances you'll hit. Even though 100 won't give you 100% it will give you 100 chances at 1% which would even out over time! well supposedly anyway haha

Offline Nomen Meltdown

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:43:05 AM »
For the life of me I can't see the real value of these.  I'm crunching numbers in BattleMentat and, for instance, I'm looking at sending 6400 Thans on an attack.  Mentat suggests I'll lose 11 of them.  So I thought "what if I send, say, 500 Tritons?  Well, IF every 5 of those 100 Trits yielded a cumulative 100% chance of recouping just one of those Thans (and I know they don't-- I'm speaking best-case hypothetical) then the optimistic non-loss of 5 Thans would be outweighed by the projected loss of ALL 500 Tritons.  I mean they're doomed, period.  They're tissue paper airplanes flying into blowtorches alongside cannonballs.

So what's the point of blowing 27,500,000 resources (plus their fuel) on the tiny chance of maybe saving, 13,250,000 to 29,150,000 resources?  It just seems like a con to get fools to blow their assets.

Offline jc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 10:56:13 AM »
Outside of Hired Guns they're a waste of time but they can be profitable on some attacks you just have to be selective.  Look for NPCs with a high proportion of cap ships.  If you're just capturing arties it's a waste of hydro.

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 08:48:01 PM »
New wiki text:

===Advantages===
One of the fastest ships.
May reduce losses.
Can capture ships that are difficult to build (particularly in Hired Guns).

===Disadvantages===
No weapon.
Medium-sized ship: more expensive than fodder while more easily destroyed than a heavy capital ship.
The chance that any given Triton will recover a ship is small (1%).
In battles with a high proportion of fodder ships, the likelihood of capturing a valuable ship is especially small, and should be weighed against its fuel cost and chance of loss.

birthmark-ant