contact
August 18, 2019, 01:30:13 PM

Author Topic: abandoning planet  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
abandoning planet
« on: February 17, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
if you dispatch a fleet from a planet and abandon it a few seconds later you apparently loose your fleet that left that planet?  yet you do it to a territory and you don't loose your fleet? makes no sense at all. >:(

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
Re: abandoning planet
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:46:17 PM »
"You are abandoning XXX ‎[XX:XX:XX]
If you abandon your planet it will be gone forever. It will be deleted from the database and cannot be recovered. All tasks in progress will be deleted, and all ships and defenses still on this planet will be lost. Type ABANDON in all caps to go through with abandoning this planet. "

outgoing fleet movement = task in progress

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:51:09 PM »
sorry but fleets in space should not be effected by that planet. its like territories you  abandon a territory your fleets just go to the planet destined. they just cant return. this needs to be fixed or im done playing just saying.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »
No offense but you're ranting about something that's always been this way. You made a mistake, suck it up.

Original game mechanics work in such a way that fleet movements are tied to planets of origin. BFG changed that (I assume) in Guns regarding territories but there is no valid reason for them to tweak the code for planets to prevent PIBCAK errors.

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »
no but if they are going to have the code for territories it should be the same as planets. and as such it should say fleet movements as well. not saying and all ships and defenses still on this planet will be lost they were not on the planet they were off.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 04:05:53 PM »
Yeah I understood you for the first time. It's still been that way since the start. The fact you didn't understand that or weren't aware doesn't make it untrue or broken.

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 04:56:06 PM »
no it still does because territories say the same thing and yet they dont do that. they sit there and allow your ships to continue where they were going.

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 04:57:54 PM »
don't believe me try it. says the same thing planets do and yet you don't loose ships doing so.either one way or another there is a bug and i deserve having my ships and such back.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 05:00:53 PM »
Planets and territories are distinctly different. With territories we have somewhere to reassign all the tasks. With planets, we don't. And tasks can't exist without at least a planet associated.

Sent from my Moto X

Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 05:04:45 PM »
would be a different story if i left my ships on the planet i would totally understand that it would be my loss but the fact that since territories and planets when you abandon them say the same thing your natural assumption is to say if you can do it for territories and it works it should work for planets as well. because they state the same thing. this is a mechanic that do not work and as such something needs to change and i should be allowed reimbursement.

Planet:
You are abandoning XXX‎[XXX:XXX:XXX]
If you abandon your planet it will be gone forever. It will be deleted from the database and cannot be recovered. All tasks in progress will be deleted, and all ships and defenses still on this planet will be lost. Type ABANDON in all caps to go through with abandoning this planet.

Territory:
You are abandoning Missile Silo ‎[xxx:xxx:xxx]
If you abandon your planet it will be gone forever. It will be deleted from the database and cannot be recovered. All tasks in progress will be deleted, and all ships and defenses still on this planet will be lost. Type ABANDON in all caps to go through with abandoning this planet.

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
and another pooint of logic if your gooing to sit there and say ships are considered associated with a planet then why is it when you send ships off a planet to keep from being hit they are not considered there? if your going to have things tied to a planet then probing should allow for you to see all ships assigned to that planet.

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 05:08:52 PM »
also another point i would like to make if you want to say ships are assigned to a planet. wouldnt it be best say. we send a fleet to deploy at X planet now it is no longer under the control of Y planet because its target is now X all data should go to the relevant planet.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 05:15:01 PM »
Your last point is somewhat valid, Jentaru. And you make a decent case for the return of your fleet simply because it isnt clear that deploying those ships are a task. However, as others have said, it is common knowledge (albeit, unwritten) that you would lose the ships in that circumstance.

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2014, 05:17:41 PM »
yes but it needs to be written. and so not for just me but for all players. had i known this would not have worked i would of waited the 30 minutes it took for fleet to go where needed. not a loss. not only that a wasted 2 hour colonization that was to take place as well.

Offline Capt Shelscott47

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 06:35:49 PM »
Giving My 2 cents;

This has happened to me on a couple occasions when I first Started playing; This IS My Understanding;
When you prepare to Abandon a Planet, and you have SHIPS & Res. in "transit" ALLOW it to complete the Journey BEFORE Abandoning said Planet.

Unlike a territory, Your Planet is "Apart of You". Think of a String from Point A to point B. Cut the string at Point A everything Goes away.

As stated, a Planet is Permanent till ABANDONED. Ships & Res IS connected to Planet. You abandon it, your "Stuff is GONE FOREVER!!!

When YOU ABANDON a Territory, It accentually "Goes Back to the Kitty Pool". That is why when you Re-capture a territory for Same Planet, ALL your Builds, Res. & Research Remains the same. Especially when territories are Stolen or Expire; you don't waste TIME & Resources "starting from Scratch"...

SO. if you have ships in transit from a Territory to Planet or territory, and ABANDON it, your Ships WILL Reach their destination.
YOU ABANDON a Planet, w/ ships in Transit, before they reach destination. THEY ARE GONE FOREVER!!
Oops!!

birthmark-ant