contact
August 20, 2019, 12:35:49 PM

Author Topic: abandoning planet  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Capt Shelscott47

• View Profile
Re: abandoning planet
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 06:39:00 PM »
I DO Agree  with  Jentaru, that IT should Be Written. Especially for NEW Players who Won't Know this fact.
As I have said,... I have learned this the hard way x3.

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 06:43:37 PM »
i agree with you but at the same time the wording for abandoning is the same for planets as it is for territories...

If you abandon your planet it will be gone forever. It will be deleted from the database and cannot be recovered. All tasks in progress will be deleted, and all ships and defenses still on this planet will be lost. Type ABANDON in all caps to go through with abandoning this planet.

yet the planet your screwed because it apparently follows the rules where a territory doesn't?

this is where i am asking my reimbursement on. because this needs to be fixed had i known planets dont follow the same rules that territories do and vise versa i wouldn't have done that. but wording stats that it should be the same not coding. we cant see coding we can only see what you tell us. thus its your fault for not stating that in the abandon options.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 06:45:26 PM »
We'll look at adjusting the wording, but we won't refund any lost ships or resources in this situation.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 06:49:53 PM »
so your basically telling the players to screw off then? sorry you just lost a few because your bad coding and wording, and your not going to refund players because of an error on your side? your not going to allow a player back what was lost? way to go.  -1 for you. when you change something generally if someone has lostt something because of it you generally refund them. #1 rule about customer service and  support. but thats cool  do as little work as possible on your end and let players givve you feedback on an error you made. all good.

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 06:53:51 PM »
so your basically telling the players to screw off then? sorry you just lost a few because your bad coding and wording, and your not going to refund players because of an error on your side? your not going to allow a player back what was lost? way to go.  -1 for you. when you change something generally if someone has lostt something because of it you generally refund them. #1 rule about customer service and  support. but thats cool  do as little work as possible on your end and let players givve you feedback on an error you made. all good.

I understand your frustration and your position on this, but it has worked the same way for planets for years. If you wish to discuss this further, you're welcome to send a PM to me.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
kru

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 06:54:21 PM »
just to pint out some things that haven't be said already:

1) It has ALWAYS been the case that if you abandon a planet with ships, you loose them.

2) It also used to be the case you didn't have to confirm abandoning a planet that was changed by BFG at the players request you now have to confirm abandoning anything.

3) It also used to be the case you could abandon planets with fleets in motion, again that was changed by BFG at the players request.

So, sure sorry you lost some ships, but thats not down to BFG, thats down to you...your mistake for not checking first

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 06:59:22 PM »
checking WHERE where in the wording does it say fleets? you say its up to the player sorry but this uni is different we have terratories and they state the same thing that planets do. which is If you abandon your planet it will be gone forever. It will be deleted from the database and cannot be recovered. All tasks in progress will be deleted, and all ships and defenses still on this planet will be lost. Type ABANDON in all caps to go through with abandoning this planet.
   yet you abandon it and your ships still go on... they say its coding and it gets attached to the planet... where in the "players" prospective do we see it being attached to a planet? common knowledge would say that if you can do it on a terratory you should be able to do it to a planet because players cannot see this " stuff being attached to a planet" nor is it made public knowledge  but to sit there and say well it states that you cant.... well it states for planets AND for terratories not just for one or the other. and to be able to say we are not  going to refund your loss on an error on the games side is beyond bs.

Offline Jacq

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »
Submit a ticket.    Best that can happen because the mechanics weren't clear in that they differ from territories you'll get ships returned.    Worst that can happen you'll hear the same information from an official source.      Debating the merits of the planet abandon won't get your ships back.
aka Babe Ruthless

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 07:04:00 PM »
already have and that's why i am on here. and talking about it. the fact that mechanics are not stated in game and such is what i am addressing.

kru

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 07:05:11 PM »
checking WHERE where in the wording does it say fleets? you say its up to the player sorry but this uni is different we have terratories and they state the same thing that planets do. which is If you abandon your planet it will be gone forever. It will be deleted from the database and cannot be recovered. All tasks in progress will be deleted, and all ships and defenses still on this planet will be lost. Type ABANDON in all caps to go through with abandoning this planet.
   yet you abandon it and your ships still go on... they say its coding and it gets attached to the planet... where in the "players" prospective do we see it being attached to a planet? common knowledge would say that if you can do it on a terratory you should be able to do it to a planet because players cannot see this " stuff being attached to a planet" nor is it made public knowledge  but to sit there and say well it states that you cant.... well it states for planets AND for terratories not just for one or the other. and to be able to say we are not  going to refund your loss on an error on the games side is beyond bs.

soooooo, you have NEVER played any other version that didn't have territories? ? ?

Really? i just don't believe that AT ALL.. seems to me you tried your luck on something and it backfired.  EVERY player knows since the days of SFCO (well they did after making the same mistake) that if you abandon a planet, you loose everything and anything you built on it (including ships if you haven't moved them).

Hired GUns is the very first universe to have territories in this style, so unless this is the very first time and game you have ever played in the SFC family you would have known OUTRIGHT.

kru

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »
already have and that's why i am on here. and talking about it. the fact that mechanics are not stated in game and such is what i am addressing.

whilst i agree there should be a defined deffinition of the difference of territorys vs planets, as i stated in my las post, unless you have never played any other  version you would be aware of the consequences of abandoning a planet

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 07:09:51 PM »
i haven't and never have abandoned planets like i have today. so how else other than abandoning territories with the same information as planets abandoning would a player know this? territory and planets say the same thing when you abandon them... word for word.

kru

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 07:15:39 PM »
well ok, i am confused???

this is what i am understanding (so correct if wrong)

You read a description, which reffered to planets? you abandoned a territory with a fleet moving from? and the fleet movement kept processing and landed on your planet?

So, despite the wording stating 'planet' your tried to do the same from a planet, only this time you lost the fleet?

Offline Jentaru

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 07:17:46 PM »
correct

kru

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »
now i understand why BFG wont give anything back.

Whilst the wording in that description is slightly incorrect for territories, it is EXACT for what would happen for planets.

As you highlighhted here, the wiki tells you:

s If you abandon your planet it will be gone forever. It will be deleted from the database and cannot be recovered. All tasks in progress will be deleted, and all ships and defenses still on this planet will be lost. Type ABANDON in all caps to go through with abandoning this planet.

but you still decided to try it??