contact
April 02, 2020, 04:33:57 PM

Author Topic: @ Matt  (Read 2613 times)

Offline sottie

• View Profile
Re: @ Matt
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 07:15:16 PM »
I don't want to do it again as I have attacks running in other games.....

kru

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
Sottie, most users won't have to do anything to get back into the game. That is why I posted no instructions. If you're having an issue, the easiest way to resolve the problem is to unplug your modem and router and plug them back in. If that doesn't solve the problem, follow the steps Achmed provided. But as I said, most users will not have any issue.

i had to

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »
I have and no luck! Even if it worked WHY SHOULD I!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a lot like the calls that I used to get when I worked the tech-support job... people would call in and tell me that their brand new wireless devices won't turn on... and I'd ask if they have plugged them in, and allowed them to charge... and they'd get angry at me, and say that their device is "WIRELESS" so they don't have to plug it in, and then call me stupid, or other even worse names...

Why should you have to reboot anything on your end, after BFG made a change on their end?... Perhaps because BFG made changes on their end, your machine can not connect to theirs, because yours still has the old information stored, and it needs to be cleared to let the new information in?

~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »
Even if it worked WHY SHOULD I!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously?

Offline sottie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »
But it has never happened before and we are not all like you that can do this in your sleep!!!! I bet you cannot maintain a 120 year old steam loco that I do, but I don't expect you to!

When these things are planned it should be thought out to the last issue and then fixed before it becomes a problem! If I decide to do planned maintenance on my fleet of historic steam loco's that have to run a tourist railway, I cannot ask someone else to fix it at the end., WE LOOSE MONEY cause people turn away if the train does not run, we run the trains as a luxury and people can go anywhere else to get a better service and I'm sure BFG is the same (to make money!) and people will go else where for a better game, that's all.........

Offline sottie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 07:34:32 PM »
Seriously?

Yes, read my previous post!

Again, think about it, why was this issue put on the game first????

kru

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 07:37:03 PM »
But it has never happened before and we are not all like you that can do this in your sleep!!!! I bet you cannot maintain a 120 year old steam loco that I do, but I don't expect you to!

When these things are planned it should be thought out to the last issue and then fixed before it becomes a problem! If I decide to do planned maintenance on my fleet of historic steam loco's that have to run a tourist railway, I cannot ask someone else to fix it at the end., WE LOOSE MONEY cause people turn away if the train does not run, we run the trains as a luxury and people can go anywhere else to get a better service and I'm sure BFG is the same (to make money!) and people will go else where for a better game, that's all.........

excuse me, i am not tech savvy with this stuff, which is why i made this post.  Thanks to achmeds awesome post i was able to quickly, promptly and efficiently make the required change.

You may not be tech savvy, but i am sure you can read and follow written, numerical instructions with an ease of simplicity?

When these things are planned it should be thought out to the last issue and then fixed before it becomes a problem

lol is that a real serious comment? fix it BEFORE it comes a problem? ? ?  Well, not everything can be fixed from Akron, so unless your expecting BFG staff to jet all over the world to each players individual house, i am afraid you will have to do some of the 'slight' modifications.

Perhaps BFG should offer a call out service to those who wish to think things more difficult than they are
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:40:00 PM by kru »

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »
You may not be tech savvy, but i am sure you can read and follow written, numerical instructions with an ease of simplicity?

Not when he's busy ranting and raving, he can't.

kru

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 07:40:43 PM »
Not when he's busy ranting and raving, he can't.

burn........

Offline sottie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 07:53:23 PM »
This problem was obviously known BEFORE the down time so it was not a problem that has just arisen out of no-where.

Honestly, this is the first time I have EVER complained and I still cannot get into Nova :(

My hep was due back just over half an hour ago from frs so are you surprised I'm just a little bit miffed?

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »
Have you unplugged your modem and plugged it back in?

Have you unplugged your router and plugged it back in?

Have you restarted your computer?

Have you followed the directions Achmed shared?

If you're using Chrome you can try visiting chrome://net-internals/#dns and clicking the 'clear hosts cache' button.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:58:30 PM by Matt H »
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline sottie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »
I bet BFG gets recompense from it's server for the inconvenience LOL

And no I'm not after that, just got to find my router that my provider put in for me :((

I've re booted my lap top, can't find my router, don't know what my modem is, I thought I was on broad band via wifi.........

I've tried Achmeds instructions (good lad him) but no joy.....

Still looking for router ho hum

Offline sottie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:04 PM »
Don't worry, got my younger brother now coming over

Offline sottie

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 08:13:34 PM »
YEY I'm in :)

Turned off the distribution board via the circuit breaker wife not happy house went dark LOL, seem to of worked.

Thanks Matt, nice for someone to be civil and respectful to an old codger like me, unlike some of the others that posted above LOL!

And yes, my hep is still there :)

Offline GraemeCracker

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »
Some of you people need to seriously relax!!  To blame BFG for all possible issues surrounding the upcoming downtime is ignorant and borderline stupid. (yes I said it).

Here's a much simpler explanation for the luddites.

Pretend you had a phone book, and in the phone book was the phone number for BFG.  You've called this number for years and it's always worked.  Now all of a sudden BFG is getting a new phone number.  If you look up BGF in the phone book and call the old number, normally you will given the new number, or you might even be re-routed automatically to the new number.  Now imagine for some reason your phone company decides not to allow you to hear the new phone number for a week, even though many other phone companies update this information immediately, would this be BFG's fault??  Even worse, imagine that your new hi-tech phone can automatically re-route the call to the new number, but alas your phone company is not providing it.  It would be really nice if you could force your new hi-tech phone to use the new number.

Well you can.  Just following Achmed's instructions.

Most people will not have a problem, but the one's who do CANNOT BLAME BFG for the problem.  If you want to blame anyone, blame your ISP it is more than likely their fault.  Or follow Achmed's instructions.  Or FRS for a week before the outage!  ;)