contact
June 06, 2020, 11:27:09 PM

Author Topic: conquest is fun  (Read 4660 times)

Offline Darth Metz

• View Profile
Re: conquest is fun
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
I started this uni about 2 months later than everyone else. I can't say I didn't get any help but I got minimum help compared to the resources I have gave away.

This uni is biased on how deep your pockets are and how much time u have to spend playing it. It's easy to make it to the top 50 or so to continue to climb takes the will to want to go to the number one spot. Especially the way the terris have been paying out latelty.

Offline silly_me

• Skype - elvis.perlsly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 12:36:38 AM »
the problem with this uni for me was that getting hydro basically boils down to spending money.  It was cheaper to hit p mode than fleet save.  There needs to be an NPC dedicated to helping people get like 10-100 quadrillion hydro or something like that, and not only for the top 3 players.

elvis perlsly
(not elvis presley)

Offline Deadeye

• Skype - JacobSteeden-Nokes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 03:14:11 AM »
Preach  ;D
You will all bow down to ME!

Offline Deadeye

• Skype - JacobSteeden-Nokes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 03:14:40 AM »
or make everything cost less to send out and cost less in hydro to build
You will all bow down to ME!

kru

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »
i know this kinda sounds against the grain........but conquest actually is no longer fun.

When it costs 11 quadrillion just to attack an in system target (cost of 3.5 trades to replace) it is time to reconsider everything.

The universe is going to cripple to everyone and at some point either hydro, or financial support will run dry.

In light of this, i must admit i am developing one planet into an unbelievable amount of defences (ready for when i do not have the $$ or hydro to move anything).

It would be real nice if, as an act of GRATITUDE from bfg for our continued financiual support of the game, that in conquest, fleet movements over the value of say 250Trillion hydro are automatically given a 50% reduction.

That would mean, attacking active players would really become pheasable again.

Offline Pie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 07:35:03 PM »
How about dropping ship hydro fuel costs to ZERO.

No matter what solution for reducing hydro fuel cost is introduced, it will still reach a point where it becomes impossible to move fleet.

Hydro will still be a valuable resource as it will end up being used most where it should be used - fleet composition.

Just a thought ;)
First to post something from game that is actually greater than 1 quadrillion...I claim it!

Offline Darth Metz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 07:38:44 PM »
I'd be happy if the Commander done more than 10% on saving fuel cost. I'd pay for one that saves even 30 %.

Another thing that burns me is shadow probes. They are way to expensive.

Offline Ali Baba

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »
It would be real nice if, as an act of GRATITUDE from bfg for our continued financiual support of the game, that in conquest, fleet movements over the value of say 250Trillion hydro are automatically given a 50% reduction.

That would mean, attacking active players would really become feasible again.

Great idea! Love it

Offline Ali Baba

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 12:36:41 PM »
You know im at a point now in Conquest where im having to put down a 10 every other day to play! Without that money going into the Game it would just not be possible to play at all! I want to Build up my Fleet so i can go hunt! But im unable to because i know i need the Hydro for Attacking....Well In truth Most days im just Farming and even that is getting mighty Costly!!!!

You know it would be nice to see BFG to make a Pay2Play Game a official Subscription Game where you have to Pay2Play!!

The Only reason i have a Insane amount of Crew Points is because i didn't want to build ships because i knew it would only cost me to turn it into ships...Love to up my Warehouse but i know that would cost me Hydro to go out there and just Farm!

I love this game i do! But this Hydro Problem is starting to Cripple me once again. So much so if someone was to come up to me and say hey can i buy your Account off you i would say yea! and just start over again..

kru

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2014, 02:10:58 PM »
well, with a level 52 hydro store building today i am sure maybe someone may actually ask to buy mine lol

just don't tell them it costs almost 25Q hydro for an insystem deploy lol (and thats at a hephs speed)

I wouldn't mind an actual pay2play version of conquest......say $9.99 per month; but for that you get the following:

- 50% hydro reduction on fleet movemets
- All premium missions available as standard
- 1 week of any commander (pot luck which one you get)
- 50% increase in premium items available to the lucky draw or 2 lucky draw daily tokens instead of one
- 10% reduction in permanent price to the trade merchant
- 50% reduction in cost of planet moves (more planets will now be moved ha ha)

Offline Pie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2014, 05:11:18 PM »

No matter what solution for reducing hydro fuel cost is introduced, it will STILL reach a point where it becomes IMPOSSIBLE to MOVE fleet.!!!

Hydro will still be a valuable resource as it will end up being used most where it should be used - fleet composition.

Seriously, think about this.

Its a solution to a problem that will only get worse, it enables this uni to live on indefinetly  - and not get closed in 6 months(?) 'cos bfg can't support it anymore literally because its broken -

we are very different here in conquest to other unis as we can see it short time scales the benefits/disadvantages of long term play...and this uni is screaming out for free fleet movement, without it, it dies...with it, it survives and we see war and survival and ....ya know , just what we played four years ago .......but on a technology front (very different to 4 years ago!) that allows for instant access to anyone, anywhere...i personally love the 8 minute attack times and keeps me interested but if it gets to a point that no one (no not you, lol)  is launching 'cos of fuel costs then whats the point?????

ZERO FUEL is what I truly believe the way this uni will not only survive but also attract some serious new blood and end up being the game it should be...

and if you lot don't agree then I'm personally hunting you all down, heh heh
First to post something from game that is actually greater than 1 quadrillion...I claim it!

kru

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2014, 05:25:24 PM »

No matter what solution for reducing hydro fuel cost is introduced, it will STILL reach a point where it becomes IMPOSSIBLE to MOVE fleet.!!!

Seriously, think about this.

Its a solution to a problem that will only get worse, it enables this uni to live on indefinetly  - and not get closed in 6 months(?) 'cos bfg can't support it anymore literally because its broken -

we are very different here in conquest to other unis as we can see it short time scales the benefits/disadvantages of long term play...and this uni is screaming out for free fleet movement, without it, it dies...with it, it survives and we see war and survival and ....ya know , just what we played four years ago .......but on a technology front (very different to 4 years ago!) that allows for instant access to anyone, anywhere...i personally love the 8 minute attack times and keeps me interested but if it gets to a point that no one (no not you, lol)  is launching 'cos of fuel costs then whats the point?????

ZERO FUEL is what I truly believe the way this uni will not only survive but also attract some serious new blood and end up being the game it should be...

and if you lot don't agree then I'm personally hunting you all down, heh heh

well, i don't agree.....you know where i live so come hunt me down :)

removing hydro cost for fleet movemnts is not the answer.  Having a mechanism which can reduce it (without having to buy the commander) is the best way forward.

You can't just approach things from your point of view, you have to consider that BFG make so much money from conquest, they really don't give a shit about the issues they couldn't or didn't forsee.

not only have we learned of the SQL (big numbers) issue which will outright stop anything from being built once it reaches a set of big numbers......But, after i have now mentioned it, we are realising that that even merching will eventually not be sufficient.

Hydrogen consumption: 12,778,564,071,671,992

thats my hydro cost just athena IN SYSTEM.......there would be very little chance anyone i attacked would have 24Q hydro sat about for me to recoup that loss.

It also means 4 trades (20k credits) to replace

Whilst i agree bfg have to make their bread, they are making it by alienating their universe which provides them with the biggest income

Offline Pie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2014, 06:29:18 PM »
well, i don't agree.....you know where i live so come hunt me down :)

removing hydro cost for fleet movemnts is not the answer.  Having a mechanism which can reduce it (without having to buy the commander) is the best way forward.

You can't just approach things from your point of view, you have to consider that BFG make so much money from conquest, they really don't give a shit about the issues they couldn't or didn't forsee.

not only have we learned of the SQL (big numbers) issue which will outright stop anything from being built once it reaches a set of big numbers......But, after i have now mentioned it, we are realising that that even merching will eventually not be sufficient.

thats my hydro cost just athena IN SYSTEM.......there would be very little chance anyone i attacked would have 24Q hydro sat about for me to recoup that loss.

Whilst i agree bfg have to make their bread, they are making it by alienating their universe which provides them with the biggest income

of course bfg gotta make bread....not what I'm pointing out, hydro fuel cost relations to ore/crystal collecting is absolutely huge...the difference is somewhere in the exponential range...have not worked it out but its a no-win situation unless fuel costs are revoked...I'm sure its simple maths....and ok I~m now officially hunting Kru ;)...luv ya x

Offline Pie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2014, 06:32:11 PM »

and also would you not rather spend that on ships?

mmmmmm:D

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2014, 07:07:25 PM »

wow ego much? ???