contact
May 26, 2018, 06:03:07 AM

Author Topic: Did i miss something??  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
Re: Did i miss something??
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 05:51:15 PM »
When someone like that is targeting you, don't be complaining on the boards, set up some sort of ninja group defend.

+1

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 06:46:41 PM »
When someone like that is targeting you, don't be complaining on the boards, set up some sort of ninja group defend.

Ummm... maybe you didn't pay attention to this thread... but richhawk is the one who is complaining, not me...

I simply explained that I'm not going to willingly be anyone's food - I'll fight back, even if that means nuking... which is what he asked about. - it's basic reading comprehension.

And maybe you're unaware, but trying to ninja or group defend against richhawk, is nearly impossible... as the #2 ranked player in our game, he is all but untouchable... I don't have enough friends who are online at any given time to take out richhawk's 100's of millions of ships strong fleets.

If you want to be his food, and allow him to treat you like you're nothing but garbage to him, that's fine.... good for you... be his food,... let him attack you all he wants,... but that's not me.

It's a simple explanation.
~Monkey D. Luffy - Retired.

Offline WarOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 07:40:05 PM »
From what I've read it sounds like he was complaining about people like your who cry every time he probes...

And FYI nuking is hardly a form of retaliation... You kill defenses which are next to useless in that uni anyway due to the amount of proms/zeus players have.

When someone targets you like that, learn their play times, and get an attack in on one of their moons that have just some res in cargo's sitting on it... It's the best way to fight against an enemy who is much larger than you are.

Also, in Nova I'm ranked second overall. I am easily kill able if enough people are around.. So as I've stated, get a group together, make sure they are all online, make a drop col, or get your heph out so you can watch while you're not parsed so he will no know you're online, and ninja him. I'm sure you can gather 6 other people including yourself that can over power the fleet he'd be sending...

From all I can see, you're complaining that he is constantly attacking you, and probing you... Well new flash that's part of the game!
SFCO - Ranked #38 Overall,
Name - The Axe

Nova - Ranked #2 Overall, #2 in DSP, With 27 Heph Kills, and 1 Moon Kill!
Retired - 03/28/14

Uni 3 - Ranked #5 Overall, With 16 Heph Kills! #1 in DSP!
Retired - 04/25/15

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 01:24:54 AM »
"From what I've read it sounds like he was complaining about people like your who cry every time he probes... "
Well then, you need to get your ears fixed - they're broken. I've never once cried about it. I've acted on statements of what I would do... that's not crying.

"And FYI nuking is hardly a form of retaliation..."
That's your opinion... I have a different one.

"When someone targets you like that, learn their play times, and get an attack in on one of their moons that have just some res in cargo's sitting on it... It's the best way to fight against an enemy who is much larger than you are."
True - that's a valid tactic. But I don't ever go after baby cargo fleets - I only attack main fleets - That's always been a personal rule of mine.

"Also, in Nova I'm ranked second overall. I am easily kill able if enough people are around.. So as I've stated, get a group together, make sure they are all online, make a drop col, or get your heph out so you can watch while you're not parsed so he will no know you're online, and ninja him. I'm sure you can gather 6 other people including yourself that can over power the fleet he'd be sending..."
I've only got 3 friends in the top 100 who I'd trust enough to work with - and they all have different schedules.

"From all I can see, you're complaining that he is constantly attacking you, and probing you... Well new flash that's part of the game!"
Then you need to wipe your eyes, because they're being blinded by something - your dislike of me perhaps? Is is blinding you? - Like I've said before, I'm not complaining about anything - I only stated how I respond - that's not a complaint - do you need a dictionary to understand the difference?

Offline Pantin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
And FYI nuking is hardly a form of retaliation... You kill defenses which are next to useless in that uni anyway due to the amount of proms/zeus players have.
That's your opinion... I have a different one.

Speaking purely my opinion on things here, but you're wrong. As a hunter, prople who nuke me when I probe them tell me pretty much exactly what you've just said. That they can't hurt me in any valid way. that they don't have enough firepower to fight back. That they don't have the will or other incentive to go find help to fight back. That however long I hunt you the very very worst that'll happen is that I lose some close to meaningless Ds. Ergo that you are safe to hunt.

My 2 cents.

Offline lazoputz

• we shall never surrender. Winston Churchill
    • Skype - lazoputz1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 01:50:04 PM »
I have never been nuked in earnest, so dont know what my reaction would be. I have had a few people toss a few at me in retaliation for a raid on their lands, but thats just part of the game.

Offline WarOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 06:52:19 PM »

I've only got 3 friends in the top 100 who I'd trust enough to work with - and they all have different schedules.

Then make more friends?

Then you need to wipe your eyes, because they're being blinded by something - your dislike of me perhaps? Is is blinding you? - Like I've said before, I'm not complaining about anything - I only stated how I respond - that's not a complaint - do you need a dictionary to understand the difference?

I do not dis like you at all, I'm just saying it sounds like you're complaining in my eyes from your posts... The fact that you needed to post about that particular player in the first place tells me that you wanted to vent and complain about it...

Of course this is all my opinion, but I'm just saying it looks that way...
Name - The Axe

Retired - 03/28/14

Retired - 04/25/15

Offline CoolHand

• Dealing CoolHand's Daily!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 10:33:36 PM »
Well this has been some interesting reading. Everyone has a different hunting style. Rich likes to probe you to oblivion, find a target and watch and probe and watch and hit! He's hunting and that's his style. Others are different and perhaps more subtle in their approach.

I don't probe as often as I used to and  I used to probe constantly and I didnt care if you were number 1 or 201. I'm still like that. If I see someone with a superior fleet ranking but leave a fleet out I can take I will take it. It is a war game. If they take it personal I couldn't care less. Come and get me. I used to look forward to the challenge. I was hunted by the best in the game. What did I learn? Leave some bait and hope for a ninja or just make sure my fleet isn't accesable to them. Eventually they go away but of course they will keep watching

One thing for sure, if you see me in your system I am hunting you personally. Why? Because it is a war game and I have made an educated guess that you may have something there worth my while. If you dont, I move on, forget about you for the time being and try to make another educated guess on someone else. It's as simple as that.

Do I just blindly move from system to system hoping for the best? Sometimes, but I watch my area, watch the parser reports on hephs, watch the leaderboard fleet rankings and a few other little things and look for possible opportunities. Thats my style and so far it hasn't worked too bad. Others are different.

Rich my advise to you, BLOW THEM ALL UP, lol

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »
I do not dis like you at all, I'm just saying it sounds like you're complaining in my eyes from your posts... The fact that you needed to post about that particular player in the first place tells me that you wanted to vent and complain about it...

Of course this is all my opinion, but I'm just saying it looks that way...

Right... at first you said that I was complaining... and I explained that I was not complaining, but rather explaining... then you reinforced that "to you, it looked like I was complaining"... and I reiterated again that I was not complaining, but rather explaining for a second time...

You have for a third time, claimed that it "looks that way" aka - like I was complaining - even though you know, and are aware that I have told you that it was an explanation, not a complaint... at this point, either you are having trouble understanding the difference between the English words "explanation" and "complaint", which are two different words, with different meanings - or, you are calling me a liar...

For the record... every single player in this game who has called me a liar, has not ever, even once, proven that claim - and yet, I have, with screenshots and quotes, proven that every single one of them, have lied about things... so far, it has only been liars, who have called me a liar...

I am often misunderstood, or taken the wrong way - but I can always explain my intent... and I have already told you, that in this case, I only spoke up in this thread, as an explanation - not a complaint.

Knowing this information - should you continue to claim that it "still" looks like a "complaint",... I will assume that you are in fact not speaking to me in good faith, but are in fact trolling me, and will no longer be participating... good day.

Offline krysst

• All Others Pay Cash
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 10:52:42 PM »
I guess he would like some cheese with that wine :P

Stalking a player is part of being a good hunter... I been bored a while back so I dont anymore but it was a normal part of my game.

GOOD JOB Rich... You are the CURRENT BEST HUNTER :D

PS:  I would love to be a part of that ninja (rofl)

Offline WarOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2014, 12:15:07 AM »
You continue to say that it was a comment/explanation, so therefore I say in my eyes I seen it as a complaint to let you know. It's not there so you continue to bring it back up because as you know, I continue to restate my first statement.

All you've shown to me in your messages is that you're a small fish in a big sea who can't defend against themselves, and because of that, "explain" what the hunters are doing to them on a board for everyone to read.

And just because I know you will continue to argue about it...

From my eye's it seems to me like you're complaining, but I understand if you don't see it... The majority of the players that do this are blind to it when they are doing it ;-)
Name - The Axe

Retired - 03/28/14

Retired - 04/25/15

Offline Zarchne

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2014, 01:17:55 AM »
Monkey, you're clearly a troll magnet.  You bring it out in people.  It's a gift.

Offline Monkey D. Luffy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 02:21:46 AM »
Monkey, you're clearly a troll magnet.  You bring it out in people.  It's a gift.
No shit, man... I *am* truly talented in that way. I've been fighting it my whole life... I don't know what it is... I don't know why it is... But,... it just, is.

Maybe it's because I'm not a Christian? Do you think?... ... Hell,... maybe people just aren't used to straight unadulterated honesty?, and they find it offensive?... maybe I should change my philosophy, and become a liar... ... I just don't know why they flock to me?

Offline The Blood King

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2014, 03:36:31 AM »
on a side note, i personally believe that it will be rich to finally end my x2 playing days...provided i stay out of v long enough for him...